Dessers

BigBearButt

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Reflecting on yesterday, and the season in general, have we ever had a worse, less effective top flight attacking pairing than Lammers and Dessers?

Both are rubbish. You’d bite any clubs hand off to get half the money we spent on them back. 

If you're reflecting on yesterday then technically Dessers has 1 assist and 1 goal. 

17 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

I actually felt a bit sorry for him, you could see at the Sima 2nd goal he was actually really frustrated he couldn't put it away himself but managed to get on the score sheet which will only help him get that confidence back

The Sima second goal.  The Hibs player kept it out with his hand from Dessers shot.  Should have been a penalty. 

11 hours ago, SonicWill said:

On a human level, I'm really glad he scored.

His performances have been really poor but I don't think it was for lack of trying. By all accounts from fans of his previous clubs, he's a good honest pro and a nice guy. I also hated him getting individually booed off against Aberdeen.

He's clearly been struggling, and has been looking visibly upset on the pitch for most of the season. For him to get a goal like that today (as opposed to lucky tap-ins or deflections), and to get the ovation coming off the pitch, will hopefully lift his mood.

I don't think he'll be a good signing for us, but I at least hope he can make a bit of an impact and enjoy his time here.

Horrible behaviour and counterproductive. Cunts that do that should be ashamed.

Also comes across a decent guy from interviews.

Was actually quite impressed the way he took his goal yesterday,sent defenders in front of him for a hotdog,calm finish too,just hoping he cracks on now, possibly he's had a lack of confidence under Beale,couple of weeks ago he'd have snatched at that and made a pigs ear of it 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Reflecting on yesterday, and the season in general, have we ever had a worse, less effective top flight attacking pairing than Lammers and Dessers?

Both are rubbish. You’d bite any clubs hand off to get half the money we spent on them back. 

The 2 of them are brutal. We spunked a load of money for the 2 of them. I’ll give Dessers credit for taking his goal well yesterday. 

21 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Horrible behaviour and counterproductive. Cunts that do that should be ashamed.

Also comes across a decent guy from interviews.

Majority of the support then 

That’s what football fans do mate just like when he does well he’ll get a reception like he did yesterday it’s not horrible behaviour, maybe a bit harsh but not horrible, he’s a grown man Fs 

16 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Majority of the support then 

That’s what football fans do mate just like when he does well he’ll get a reception like he did yesterday it’s not horrible behaviour, maybe a bit harsh but not horrible, he’s a grown man Fs 

Sizeable chunk, but not most.

Individual booing of your own player is very, very rare. It's 100% horrible to single out someone like that. Grown man, yip. Human being, yip.

I'm sure in this day and age we can recognise how thoroughly shite it must feel for someone to be isolated like that and made to feel like everyone hates you. We seem to have this idea that footballers should be special and not be mentally affected by something that would obviously affect the majority of folk. Folk should really have a think. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Sizeable chunk, but not most.

Individual booing of your own player is very, very rare. It's 100% horrible to single out someone like that. Grown man, yip. Human being, yip.

I'm sure in this day and age we can recognise how thoroughly shite it must feel for someone to be isolated like that and made to feel like everyone hates you. We seem to have this idea that footballers should be special and not be mentally affected by something that would obviously affect the majority of folk. Folk should really have a think. 

Should we not boo referees or opposition players ether then they’re also grown men but also human beings ?

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Should we not boo referees or opposition players ether then they’re also grown men but also human beings ?

There's a difference between that and your own booing you though. If a guy down the street from me tells me he doesn't like me then I wouldn't give a fuck, but if my family told me that it would hurt.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

There's a difference between that and your own booing you though. If a guy down the street from me tells me he doesn't like me then I wouldn't give a fuck, but if my family told me that it would hurt.

it’s only some peoples feeling we should care about 

Kl 👍

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

it’s only some peoples feeling we should care about 

Kl 👍

I think the point is booing your own isn't the norm, isn't expected has different meaning and feels vastly worse.