Dessers

BigBearButt

9 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Are you saying this is a hard chance, 90% of us on here would bury that ffs

20240224_235439.thumb.jpg.6687f28e608ac0bc7a1f148f8aa7e120.jpg

But would 90% of us have controlled the ball that cme in over a defenders head which he saw lat and then anticipated where the loose ball was going to break to and got into that position ready for the "easy" tap in. There is more to scoring a goal than the last kick. 

Just now, Brubear said:

But would 90% of us have controlled the ball that cme in over a defenders head which he saw lat and then anticipated where the loose ball was going to break to and got into that position ready for the "easy" tap in. There is more to scoring a goal than the last kick. 

He didnt control it either, the fact he didn't control it meant there was a goalmouth scramble and the ball trickled into his path

10 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

We spent 200k on McCoist which would have been a lot of money for a 21 year old at the time. We spent not much more on the likes of Butcher and Woods years later and both were England internationals.

£185k is roughly £820k in todays money. Absolute bargain in the current market but it was very different back then. The most expensive British transfer was Bryan Robson to Man U for £1.5m (circa £6.6m these days).

So McCoist fee was about 12.5% of Robson's. 

The most expensive British transfer is currently Enzo Fernandez at £107.1m
Dessers, cost around £4.3m which is 4% of Fernandez’s fee.

im not saying Dessers is anywhere near McCoust in terms of quality just highlighting their relative value in their respective markets (although today’s market is fucking mental)  and by doing so you could maybe argue Dessers has cost 1/3 of McCoist

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

A don't know if the boy he was up against was slow but that burst from the half way line made him look like he had a bit of pace 😂

Remarkably, he's gotten considerably quicker as the season has progressed. He also doesn't seem to be getting caught offside as much (touch wood). 

He would have been offside for that header a few months ago. 

He's still infuriating at times though. 

Frustrating as fuck as the lad does everything right until the last moment and 30% of the time he makes an arse of it.

But, his overall play and ability to get himself those opportunities should not be dismissed. Overall his record is very good. It could be legendary if it wasn't for his aforementioned brain farts, but at this time I think I would rather have him than not.

42 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Remarkably, he's gotten considerably quicker as the season has progressed. He also doesn't seem to be getting caught offside as much (touch wood). 

He would have been offside for that header a few months ago. 

He's still infuriating at times though. 

It's no remarkable. He's just fit now.

9 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Are you saying this is a hard chance, 90% of us on here would bury that ffs

20240224_235439.thumb.jpg.6687f28e608ac0bc7a1f148f8aa7e120.jpg

And 100% of us or anyone else for that matter, including the very best strikers in the world, could miss it.

All strikers miss glaring chances.

Halland has missed some absolute sitters in his career. He just happens to score a barrow load too.

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

A don't know if the boy he was up against was slow but that burst from the half way line made him look like he had a bit of pace 😂

See the thing about dessers. The youtube clips from feyenoord he looked fast/sharp. Few years ago. I think he looks a bit trimmer recently. Could be difference.

23 minutes ago, IpswichGer said:

Frustrating as fuck as the lad does everything right until the last moment and 30% of the time he makes an arse of it.

But, his overall play and ability to get himself those opportunities should not be dismissed. Overall his record is very good. It could be legendary if it wasn't for his aforementioned brain farts, but at this time I think I would rather have him than not.

He probably wouldnt be at Rangers if he also took the daft chances he misses

3 hours ago, Southsider said:

I'd only sell if we can get our money back or make a profit.  If, by the summer, he's a 20 goal striker in a title winning team who has scored in European competition, we should be looking to make a profit.

If he stays and we are looking at him as one of three striking options, along with Danilo and a new signing, I'd be OK with that, tbh

Most strikers who stay fit for a season at the OF will have Dessers numbers.

If we could get close to the fee back we paid the club will sell him given he turns 30 in December.

If we don’t get a decent fee, he’s a very good squad option. Showing at the moment he can fill in and do a good job.

12 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Remember when the cry babies were saying we won't win a league with Dessers up top in January 😂

I don't care if he misses a few chances, if he keeps scoring and we keep winning I'm happy. 

Probs 95% of us tbf 

7 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

If we could get close to the fee back we paid the club will sell him given he turns 30 in December.

If we don’t get a decent fee, he’s a very good squad option. Showing at the moment he can fill in and do a good job.

With his form since Clement’s come in I’m not sure bringing in someone better without spending big money is as easy a task as folk seem to think it will be.

He’s scoring some very good goals consistently - the first yesterday was another peach.

1 minute ago, Allan43 said:

Don’t have to mate, hope u had a good one last night 🙌🇬🇧

Yup had a great day and night mate, feel like a bag of dug shite this morning though but still buzzing, absolutely delighted in how things are turning out this season. 

TOGETHER!! 🇬🇧

15 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Don't see any room for him next season - regardless if he continues to contribute this season

Dessers is many things but reliable is not one of them, and I won't be convinced we shouldn't be bringing in a main striker in the summer. And I simply don't think there's room for both Dessers and Danilo behind that new striker. Danilo isn't perfect either but I would rather have him and it'll also be far easier to sell Dessers given his numbers and given Danilo has been out all season

12 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Bit early to be crowing about that! Let’s wait and see if he continues his form and bags the chances he will need to in tighter games.

But for now he’s playing well, as is the whole team

Same way it was a bit early for folk to be writing the season off coz we didn't bring in another striker. 

The fact we won something already should have been enough for people to be patient. 

Wouldn't be RM if folk weren't going OTT

24 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

With his form since Clement’s come in I’m not sure bringing in someone better without spending big money is as easy a task as folk seem to think it will be.

He’s scoring some very good goals consistently - the first yesterday was another peach.

Yeh think that’s fair. Just think January was a clear indication of the recruitment style Koppen and PC have in total contrast to when Beale left and under Wilson,

So if someone was to bid close to what we paid for Dessers.

I think we’d sell and reinvest that in a younger player