Dessers

BigBearButt

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Speaks well to be fair. Comes across as a team player.

Cyriel Dessers insists he’s going NOWHERE as Rangers striker watches team mates come and go during Ibrox summer rebuild

SOME of his team-mates are already long gone — others are on their way out.

Hitman Cyriel Dessers knows speculation is rife over his own future at Rangers, with every outfield player available for transfer.

But last night the big striker insisted he’s going NOWHERE.

Gers gaffer Philippe Clement has certainly made it clear that no one’s position is safe, apart from keeper Jack Butland.

Dessers, 29, who hit a double in the Ibrox side’s roller-coaster 4-4 draw with Union Berlin, said: “Every summer is a big one at this club. That’s not a real surprise.

“I’m happy at Rangers. I said when I signed I was hoping to stay for a couple of years and to win some trophies.

“I’ve won one, but now I want the biggest one of all and that’s the league.

“For me, there’s been a lot of writing and talking.

“Sometimes I come into training and it’s like, ‘Oh, you’re still here!’.

“I don’t really have a lot of ideas about what is happening, but I don’t read too many of these things.

“When they call me, it will probably be serious — but I haven’t had that call.

“My fiancee and I are at home in Glasgow, we feel good about everything.

“We’re happy to be here and hopefully I can be here for some years to come, and help the team to win some trophies.”

Last season Dessers scored 23 times, and it was the lack of goals from other areas that let the team down.

The striker can at least point to his tally and argue that he fulfilled his end of the bargain.

And yet, there is also no doubt that some of his overall performances were nowhere near what is expected from a Rangers No 9.

His link-up play is too often ugly and untidy which has had the Gers support up in arms.

But Dessers is determined to keep his focus and added: “It’s been a nice feeling to do a full pre-season.

“Last year I came in with an injury and I could only train fully the week before the league started.

“The season before I played in the Conference League final, and then had the national team, so I came in late to pre-season with Cremonese as well.

“It’s been really good to have a good build-up to the training. I feel fit and I’m all ready for next week’s opener, definitely.”

Having Danilo back from injury is a massive boost for Gers.

He went through an injury-plagued first season at Ibrox, but is carefully being bled back into the team.

Dessers said: “Dani is a quality player, so it can only be good he’s back. Hopefully he can be fully fit again soon.

“Like last season, it’s not only the guys who are starting or coming in. Either it’s me or him.

“Everybody is going to be important, especially in this league where sometimes for 70 minutes you have to bang against the wall of five defenders.

“Then maybe we can bring somebody fresh in and he can be the difference.

“If that’s the case, I’m totally fine with that.

“I just want to win games. That’s the only thing that counts for me — and for everybody at this club.

“I can only be happy with that.”

Fucking boooo

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Cyriel Dessers insists he’s going NOWHERE as Rangers striker watches team mates come and go during Ibrox summer rebuild

Hitman Cyriel Dessers knows speculation is rife over his own future at Rangers, with every outfield player available for transfer.

Gers gaffer Philippe Clement has certainly made it clear that no one’s position is safe, apart from keeper Jack Butland.

Dessers, 29, who hit a double in the Ibrox side’s roller-coaster 4-4 draw with Union Berlin, said: “Every summer is a big one at this club. That’s not a real surprise.

“I’m happy at Rangers. I said when I signed I was hoping to stay for a couple of years and to win some trophies.

“I don’t really have a lot of ideas about what is happening, but I don’t read too many of these things.

“We’re happy to be here and hopefully I can be here for some years to come, and help the team to win some trophies.”

Last season Dessers scored 23 times, and it was the lack of goals from other areas that let the team down.

The striker can at least point to his tally and argue that he fulfilled his end of the bargain.

And yet, there is also no doubt that some of his overall performances were nowhere near what is expected from a Rangers No 9.

His link-up play is too often ugly and untidy which has had the Gers support up in arms.

But Dessers is determined to keep his focus and added: “It’s been a nice feeling to do a full pre-season.

“Last year I came in with an injury and I could only train fully the week before the league started.

“The season before I played in the Conference League final, and then had the national team, so I came in late to pre-season with Cremonese as well.

“It’s been really good to have a good build-up to the training. I feel fit and I’m all ready for next week’s opener, definitely.”

He went through an injury-plagued first season at Ibrox, but is carefully being bled back into the team.

Dessers said: “Dani is a quality player, so it can only be good he’s back. Hopefully he can be fully fit again soon.

“Like last season, it’s not only the guys who are starting or coming in. Either it’s me or him.

“Everybody is going to be important, especially in this league where sometimes for 70 minutes you have to bang against the wall of five defenders.

“I just want to win games. That’s the only thing that counts for me — and for everybody at this club.

So brave.

This will be an enjoyable afternoon read for @Scottywellhousetb, his biggest fan

I couldn't care less if he speaks like Peter Beardsley, as long as he stops making an arse of himself on the park.

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

Thanks m8, I was already in a shite mood because I'm flying back to Bristol at half 8 tonight for work, this read has ensured that as I drive from the airport to Bridgwater thoughts of increasing my speed to around 120mph and deliberately steering my car directly into a very large tree will continously cross my mind.

Just think of his lovely eyes and cheeky smile mate. That will calm you down.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Thanks m8, I was already in a shite mood because I'm flying back to Bristol at half 8 tonight for work, this read has ensured that as I drive from the airport to Bridgwater thoughts of increasing my speed to around 120mph and deliberately steering my car directly into a very large tree will continously cross my mind.

Don't do that, Cyriels coming round with a signed shirt for you later this season.

5 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

He’s clearly a good guy and if the entire side had his attitude, we’d be in a better place. 

Doesn’t hide even when he’s having an absolute shocker (hence why he keeps getting goalscoring chances), it’s just a shame de Boer was right when he said Dessers is either a 2-3 out of 10 or an 8-9. 

I’d still move him on if we can recoup our money, as we can’t have high earners in their 30s whose transfer value dwindles. But if we can’t, keep him and we know he’ll deliver 20+ goals and won’t be a headache in terms of attitude. 

He's been here a year and hasn't had a single game where he's been an 8 or 9 out of 10.

7 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

He's been here a year and hasn't had a single game where he's been an 8 or 9 out of 10.

Really? 

He was great in literally the last game we played against Union Berlin, scored two brilliant goals and his link up play was much improved. 

He scored a worldie against Betis and got an assist that game. He got 2 assists in the game vs PSV at Ibrox, scored twice against Hearts in the 5-0 game, scored twice against Hearts in the League Cup semi final, scored 2 vs Ross County ons February. 

I know he’s not ideal, but you can’t honestly say none of those games would’ve merited an 8 or 9 out of 10? 

34 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Really? 

He was great in literally the last game we played against Union Berlin, scored two brilliant goals and his link up play was much improved. 

He scored a worldie against Betis and got an assist that game. He got 2 assists in the game vs PSV at Ibrox, scored twice against Hearts in the 5-0 game, scored twice against Hearts in the League Cup semi final, scored 2 vs Ross County ons February. 

I know he’s not ideal, but you can’t honestly say none of those games would’ve merited an 8 or 9 out of 10? 

I just did. 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Isn't that a bit daft, he scored plenty of doubles and that doesn't count as an 8?

Kris Boyd never reach a 9 then?

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

And because you're thinking about dessers you'll miss the tree probably 

24 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Isn't that a bit daft, he scored plenty of doubles and that doesn't count as an 8?

Kris Boyd never reach a 9 then?

Giving a player an 8 or a 9 just because they scored 2 goals makes no more sense than giving then a 1 or 2 just because they fail to score. In both cases you have to take their overall performance into account.

6 minutes ago, Rigamonti said:

Giving a player an 8 or a 9 just because they scored 2 goals makes no more sense than giving then a 1 or 2 just because they fail to score. In both cases you have to take their overall performance into account.

Absolutely daft to claim he’s never had an 8 in his Rangers career.