How long to repair this

Swagger

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh agree with that. The annoying thing is that this current celtic team are levels below what they were last few seasons. And it probably would have taken a much lower points total to win the league. 

But quality wise they’re still above us. Particularly their midfield 3 is night and day above us. Why is Jack still playing for us and not St Mirren

McGregor, Carter Vickers, Maeda and Kyogo are their top men. Most of the rest are no better than what we have if our players are managed properly.

Ironically, you have to at Postecoglou for a good example.

The scum we’re in complete disarray. Manager, CEO and club captain all gone.

Eddie Howe stringing them along for months.

Total rebuild having see the end of Terry Munro.

Postecoglou had a shaky start but turned it around while we took an outstanding defensive record and proven, structured approach and became bombscares.

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Ironically, you have to at Postecoglou for a good example.

The scum we’re in complete disarray. Manager, CEO and club captain all gone.

Eddie Howe stringing them along for months.

Total rebuild having see the end of Terry Munro.

Postecoglou had a shaky start but turned it around while we took an outstanding defensive record and proven, structured approach and became bombscares.

I think they unearthed a gem with a left field appointment in Postecoglou. He did a fantastic job for them, given where they were. I think he is a very good manager. Given he was 56 and had never managed in Europe, I thought he was a massive, massive risk.

I dunno where we go though. We tried left field before, and ended up with Pedro.

44 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Genuine question. I have no realistic idea of the answer

This season is gone and we’re now stuck with most of this squad - we know this so that’s another season of Champions League cash for them.

How in the name of fuck do we turn this around given what this cunt will leave us with. 

Probably no chance of the title next year either - Jack, Sima obviously not there but who else can we bin contract wise ?

They can pretty much sit in, rake in the cash and maybe move a few in and out every season while we try and sort this 

Honestly think we are fucked for years to come 

We might win the odd cup here and there but we can't be consistent over a league season. The rot comes from the board level with court cases and mismanagement. Rookie Managers who we hope will work out and no track record to point to (except Gio). We are now unfortunately the Dortmund of Scotland with no end in sight. 

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Think Maeda is shite tbh. But Hatate and O’Riley are decent. For me the biggest difference between the teams is the midfield 3.

The amount of goals, assists, creativity, speed to their play that they get from their midfield vs ours. Is night and day. 

The speed of play and the freedom to be creative is down to tactics as much as ability though.

Our best midfielders/attackers such as Cantwell are being smothered by this fraud of a manager.

Just now, The Beast said:

The speed of play and the freedom to be creative is down to tactics as much as ability though.

Our best midfielders/attackers such as Cantwell are being smothered by this fraud of a manager.

Yeh it’s both. We need a better manager and at least one ball playing centre mid.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I think they unearthed a gem in Postecoglou. He did a fantastic job for them, given where they were. I think he is a very good manager.

I dunno where we go though. We tried left field before, and ended up with Pedro.

only because we where so shite, if we had a manager who understood our club and the league and what the games against them actually meant then we would have seen him implode on tv

but of course if the biggest word in the english language

3 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

only because we where so shite, if we had a manager who understood our club and the league and what the games against them actually meant then we would have seen him implode on tv

but of course if the biggest word in the english language

Not so sure about that.

We made it easy, but he walked over a Rangers team who came within McGregor guessing the right way from a European trophy.

He may well of collapsed, but the turn around from where they were and runs he got them on were impressive.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

We need goals as well.

We need a forward who can

A) Stay fit

B) Score 20+

Yeh for sure. Hopefully Danilo will come good.  Bigger worry for me is how little we’re creating. At the moment it’s bits of individual skill, or flukes.

We’re not cutting teams open but missing sitters

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Think Maeda is shite tbh. But Hatate and O’Riley are decent. For me the biggest difference between the teams is the midfield 3.

The amount of goals, assists, creativity, speed to their play that they get from their midfield vs ours. Is night and day. 

The biggest difference is their mentality. They don’t know when they are beaten. It is not a coincidence that they score last minute goals. Collectively as a team they do not want to lose. It is baffling that we have forgotten what it means to have that desire to win. 

Just now, Badger said:

Not so sure about that.

We made it easy, but he walked over a Rangers team who came within McGregor diving the right way from a European trophy.

He may well of collapsed, but the turn around from where they were and runs he got them on were impressive.

Will get slated for saying it again. But he’s a world class manager. He’s gone now so no point in pretending he is shit. Pretty bad luck for us that they got him as anyone else and we likely would have had enough to win the league and probably last season as well.

Just now, DrLaudrup said:

The biggest difference is their mentality. They don’t know when they are beaten. It is not a coincidence that they score last minute goals. Collectively as a team they do not want to lose. It is baffling that we have forgotten what it means to have that desire to win. 

I remember we used to be like that. You probably have to go back to Walter's first time around but if we were 2-1 down with 10 minutes left, you still believed that 10 minutes was plenty of time to get two goals.

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Will get slated for saying it again. But he’s a world class manager. He’s gone now so no point in pretending he is shit. Pretty bad luck for us that they got him as anyone else and we likely would have had enough to win the league and probably last season as well.

I'm curious what he does with Spurs longer term, but I agree - I think he might well be a top class manager. He certainly has started well down there.

As said - to bring in a 56yr old unknown manager from outside of Europe, and for him to be that good for them..... it's an unrealistic expectation for us to match that. 9/10 you try that - it fails badly.....

However a better manager and 2-3 of the right players..... we are a different team.

21 minutes ago, Badger said:

I think they unearthed a gem with a left field appointment in Postecoglou. He did a fantastic job for them, given where they were. I think he is a very good manager. Given he was 56 and had never managed in Europe, I thought he was a massive, massive risk.

Went for Pedro could have had potter, went for Beale could have had Faroli.

One constant in our shit shows, the board.

22 minutes ago, Badger said:

Not so sure about that.

We made it easy, but he walked over a Rangers team who came within McGregor guessing the right way from a European trophy.

i get where you're coming from but a lot forget he got off to a rocky start and a lot of fans wanted shot of him (was it one of the season they moved dates for them)

but as i said if we had got it right when he came we would have won and he wouldnt be spurs manager

as for mcgregor i dont blame him i blame a certain egotistical welsh fucking wage stealing prick

26 minutes ago, Badger said:

I'm curious what he does with Spurs longer term, but I agree - I think he might well be a top class manager. He certainly has started well down there.

As said - to bring in a 56yr old unknown manager from outside of Europe, and for him to be that good for them..... it's an unrealistic expectation for us to match that. 9/10 you try that - it fails badly.....

However a better manager and 2-3 of the right players..... we are a different team.

I now reluctantly admit that he is a top manager. He's unfashionable and that is probably why he was plying his trade in the likes of Australia and Japan for so long but results are results.

Under previous management that Spurs team would have imploded without Kane but he's made it work, at least so far. You cant argue with that.

20 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

A manager with half a fucking clue gets something out of this squad. It's not as broken as it seems.

However, the Beale ship has sailed. Everyone's jumped off.

I do not think that’s the case. We have no reliable strikers, our midfield is non existent, our defenders turn into Keystone Cops if we put the ball out for a corner. We cannot give away clowns like Wright because no one would take him and he like all the other dead wood are happy to sit back and take the wages we over pay them. Again this season we have bought more dross on contracts which mean we have added even more deadwood No one is going to turn Dessers, Lammers and Cifuentes into competent players, no one is going to make Jack mobile and forward thinking, no one is going to make Roofe into a bionic man. Our squad is filled with mediocre failures and projects that have been found out by other clubs to be mediocre failures and we are the easy dumping ground. Scouting and recruitment has been horrific for 11 to12 years and worst still  our boards have learned nothing from the countless mistakes and seem determined to bleed the support dry while looking down their noses at fans who generally know more about the game and the club than them.

3 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

I do not think that’s the case. We have no reliable strikers, our midfield is non existent, our defenders turn into Keystone Cops if we put the ball out for a corner. We cannot give away clowns like Wright because no one would take him and he like all the other dead wood are happy to sit back and take the wages we over pay them. Again this season we have bought more dross on contracts which mean we have added even more deadwood No one is going to turn Dessers, Lammers and Cifuentes into competent players, no one is going to make Jack mobile and forward thinking, no one is going to make Roofe into a bionic man. Our squad is filled with mediocre failures and projects that have been found out by other clubs to be mediocre failures and we are the easy dumping ground. Scouting and recruitment has been horrific for 11 to12 years and worst still  our boards have learned nothing from the countless mistakes and seem determined to bleed the support dry while looking down their noses at fans who generally know more about the game and the club than them.

I'd take the bet - £100 to Erskine? - that a competent manger coming in has us performing much better in terms of results and performances within 10 games.