Who's next?

The Ibrox Derry

15 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Because all losses are equal… Are you saying we wouldn’t be fuming if we lost a Europa League game after going into HT with a 3-0 advantage against a side that’s spent about 30% of what we have? This was less than two weeks ago. 

Yes but managers aren’t judged on one game.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wenger was 4-0 up against Newcastle and they ducked it. Liverpool done similar at Bournemouth under Klopp. You trying to say you tell them to get to fuck?

You don't think him delivering a result that poor, with a squad of roughly equivalent value to ours, in the very same competition we're competing in this season (less than two weeks ago) is relevant? You really think the context we get from that is only as applicable to our current situation as an EPL score from 2011? 

This one has to be right so they need to take time to get the right guy.  The league is gone this season but we can still have a decent run in Europe and win the cups so need someone that is tactically good and has a good style of play as Bealeball was making my eyes bleed. 

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

You don't think him delivering a result that poor, with a squad of roughly equivalent value to ours, in the very same competition we're competing in this season (less than two weeks ago) is relevant? You really think the context we get from that is only as applicable to our current situation as an EPL score from 2011? 

Not particularly no, it’s one game

37 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

The only guy with a CV anything close to that would be Marcelino and he doesnt have any connection to Rangers personally or professionally.

26 years experience, 850 games at 45%, not managed a club quite like Liverpool but his last 5 jobs were Sevilla, Villarreal, Valencia, Athletic Bilbao and Marseille with varying degrees of success. Won the Copa del Rey with Valencia in 2019 and runner up twice with Bilbao in 20 & 21. Won a promotion to La Liga with Recreativo in 2006.

Sorry but I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it, we can’t be hiring someone who’s only managed in one country. 

Marcelino looks great on paper, but he’s managed in Spain all his life and the only job abroad lasted a few months and he quit due to personal reasons (and it was at Marseille, which isn’t far geographically from Spain). 

We need a manager who’s experienced in different cultures, because they’ve shown they can adapt to it and learn how to play against different sides. It’s why the chap from Alkmaar probably isn’t the way to go either. 

Id much rather we go after a Hassenhuttl who has managed and been fairly successful in 3x countries, than someone who probably got homesick the first time he left Spain. 

24 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

That miss where Dessers was through and lobbed wildly over the bar probably sealed Beale’s fate

He can’t even be trusted in his own half. He had the ball in the corner and Shinnie took it off him, crossed it in and the sheep ended up hitting the post. Guy is rotten!

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yes but managers aren’t judged on one game.

No, of course not, but this one of the best points of comparison we've got. It's clearly not easy to evaluate AZ's performance in the Eredivisie in a way that indicates how he might get on here. It's a lot easier to draw conclusions from the Europa League because we're also competing in it this season. I don't think a Rangers manager has had such a poor result in the EL since Caixinha. This wasn't years ago, or in some far-flung competition, it was two weeks ago in a tournament we'd be asking him to lead us in.

The nearest comparison I can think of is if we were seriously considering an up-and-coming SPL manager (e.g., someone at Hearts) and, after leading 3-0 at HT, he'd lost 4-3 in the cup to Dundee or even Patrick Thistle (because the financial gap between AZ and Zrinjski is probably closer to that) a couple of weeks before we were going to speak to him. I don't think it would be unreasonable to go "he's been doing well but, Christ, that result's a worry", and I don't think the fact Wenger lost a game in 2011 changes that (per ForeverAndEver's post). 

9 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Sorry but I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it, we can’t be hiring someone who’s only managed in one country. 

Marcelino looks great on paper, but he’s managed in Spain all his life and the only job abroad lasted a few months and he quit due to personal reasons (and it was at Marseille, which isn’t far geographically from Spain). 

We need a manager who’s experienced in different cultures, because they’ve shown they can adapt to it and learn how to play against different sides. It’s why the chap from Alkmaar probably isn’t the way to go either. 

Id much rather we go after a Hassenhuttl who has managed and been fairly successful in 3x countries, than someone who probably got homesick the first time he left Spain. 

He’s managed in 2 countries and he wasn’t a success at Southampton at all

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s managed in 2 countries and he wasn’t a success at Southampton at all

Not saying I want Hassenhuttl. But he done well at Southampton overall looking back. Never got backed money wise and players sold every year. There’s a reason they are in championship now he’s left.

13 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He was the closest I had to rodgers in terms of experience and accomplishments.

I think his kind of transitional football would have suited us 10-15 years ago but not now.

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

He can’t even be trusted in his own half. He had the ball in the corner and Shinnie took it off him, crossed it in and the sheep ended up hitting the post. Guy is rotten!

Got the ball on Livi's 18 yard line and in the course of turning and looking to pass the ball he passed to a Livi player 20 feet away up the park.
This guy is never going to make it as a Rangers player.

1 minute ago, nik2402 said:

Not saying I want Hassenhuttl. But he done well at Southampton overall looking back. Never got backed money wise and players sold every year. There’s a reason they are in championship now he’s left.

Now he’s left? He was taking them to the Championship himself :lol: 

27 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m all aboard the Muscat train. If he plays attacking football then sign me up.

No reason we should be playing boring as fuck negative shite in this piss poor league 

That fat cunt across the way showed how to deal with the shite in the league, attacking football and steamroll them.

Feels like a while ago since we were an entertaining team to watch.

image.gif.5cbb76216955f334692d4ba3a9ef8c51.gif