Who's next?

The Ibrox Derry

15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Speculation that you started by saying we were bigger than 3/4 of them

no, you started it by saying they clubs beat us to any player/manager we go in for, name examples then? I simply stated that IMO we are a bigger proposition than Leeds and Villareal for a manager, and pretty close with Marseille (who by the way appointed Gattuso, who would've likely came here in a heartbeat but we werent even in for)

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

no, you started it by saying they clubs beat us to any player/manager we go in for, name examples then? I simply stated that IMO we are a bigger proposition than Leeds and Villareal for a manager, and pretty close with Marseille (who by the way appointed Gattuso, who would've likely came here in a heartbeat but we werent even in for)

We’re a bigger proposition than a club consistently getting European football in Spain, won an EL recently and were in the Semis of the CL last season?

18 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Souness shouldn't have a say on the next manager or on field decisions but wouldn't be against him have some sort of role as an advisor to the board on more general issues around the club.

What issues would he have the relevant experience for? As a club ambassador - I’d take him every day of the week, but I’m not aware of him having any recent expertise in the running of any part of a football club.

4 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I meant they would beat us, not that they have.

The save level of opinion you are giving

See when the new guy comes in, is there consensus that he has to be given time?

e.g LC and run them close in the other competitions is acceptable this season as long as performances pick up from what they’ve been?

Same next season, keep us competitive and pick up 1-2 trophies?

Or are we now in a cycle of you win the league or you’re out?

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lampard interested..

<Shivers>

Get this so far to fuck. He's close to the top of my list of people to avoid.

I genuinely think he'll be an attractive proposition to the folk running our club as they can't move past that 55 season. They'll see it as a similar move to Gerrard.

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Get this so far to fuck. He's close to the top of my list of people to avoid.

I genuinely think he'll be an attractive proposition to the folk running our club as they can't move past that 55 season. They'll see it as a similar move to Gerrard.

Needs to be signs of progression, style, philosophy, if fans can see it going somewhere then it’s easier to justify giving someone time when going through bad patch.

Someone at some point needs to be give time to turn it around, that’s why ideally they’d be a candidate we can all get behind.

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

Needs to be signs of progression, style, philosophy, if fans can see it going somewhere then it’s easier to justify giving someone time when going through bad patch.

Someone at some point needs to be give time to turn it around, that’s why ideally they’d be a candidate we can all get behind.

And that candidate is not Frank Lampard. 

22 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Beale had to go but we are where I was really worried we’d be in that the realistic options to replace him are worrying.

Yes, it is a bit worrying as when Gio left we gave the boy who put out the cones the managers job. we have to aim higher.

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

See when the new guy comes in, is there consensus that he has to be given time?

e.g LC and run them close in the other competitions is acceptable this season as long as performances pick up from what they’ve been?

Same next season, keep us competitive and pick up 1-2 trophies?

Or are we now in a cycle of you win the league or you’re out?

It’s not win the league and you’re out for me but time has to be earned. I need to see that we’re heading somewhere, that we’re doing something that isn’t the same shit that’s lost us the last however many trophies.

If I can see we’re heading towards a place where we’re regularly putting away far lesser teams in the league comfortably then I’ll be happy to give time. I’m not talking about oh we won 4-0 but we never scored the last 3 goals until 85 minutes and after and the other team missed 4 clear cut chances to equalise beforehand. I want the kind of easy comfortable wins that you can actually build a campaign on, you can’t win the league coming from behind or slogging it out every single week 

The personnel we have are far from great so the new guy needs to be given some leeway but we have to see an improvement/change towards the way we’re approaching our bread and butter games. For me as well, not looking like we’re shitting our pants from the staff down to the players anytime we play against the scum would be a big improvement, drop the cagey shit, dare to be great and take them head on 

Given what we’ve been watching for the last year it shouldn’t be too difficult for a new manager to change it up and put some credit in the bank early