Lammers

23 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apart from playing the full 90mins in a team that beat the favourites. And then qualifying for the last 16. 

This is the thing, he must be fulfilling a role in the system that the manager and players want.  It is well over my head..........maybe Pep would see it :lol:

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Apart from playing the full 90mins in a team that beat the favourites. And then qualifying for the last 16. 

That's actually the point I'm getting at mate. To me, we managed those fantastic achievements despite him lasting the 90. I felt he hindered us as a team, but I can accept that maybe the stress of watching that 90 minutes made me miss something that was actually good about his performance.

32 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

I thought he was decent in the semi final. What did he do well last night?

Made the most of a tight situation and drove in the byline cross that led to the corner where we scored from.

He also drew the foul on the edge of the box by some good play so he does contribute, just not as much as folk would like.

He covers a lot of the pitch and creates a lot of space for others to run into in every game he plays although it was very noticeable that he didn’t t tackle or track back as required on at least 3 occasions last night.

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

Like the rest of the team he contributed in many ways to another great result. 

Don’t rate Lammers greatly but having watched the game today, I thought he was quite good.  Gave the ball away cheaply at times but the same could be said for all our players on occasions.

2 hours ago, Orange Persson said:

This is the thing, he must be fulfilling a role in the system that the manager and players want.  It is well over my head..........maybe Pep would see it :lol:

There’s something in this because the manager, Goldson and Lunny all said after the match he had a great game….. I just don’t see it myself I thought he offered little and was wasteful as per.