Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought this was interesting, not that it’s telling us anything we didn’t already know.

I don’t know wtf it was he was trying to play 

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I don’t know wtf it was he was trying to play 

I’m convinced it was some version of this:

A few issues - one, it only really works if you have lots of technical ability and play in a league where teams are open - two, even then it rarely works, as Diniz has been sacked loads of times trying to play a similar way with other teams - and three, Beale is utterly fucking incompetent so it was doomed to fail from the beginning.

7 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

A few issues - one, it only really works if you have lots of technical ability and play in a league where teams are open - two, even then it rarely works, as Diniz has been sacked loads of times trying to play a similar way with other teams - and three, Beale is utterly fucking incompetent so it was doomed to fail from the beginning.

Looks pretty similar to how we played 

16 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Yes he is ffs :lol: 

Every season this happens before a big game. Absolutely embarrassing.

A successful Rangers manager will always be on EPL clubs shortlists now. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

A successful Rangers manager will always be on EPL clubs shortlists now. 

Sure, that's what happens in football.

But Dave King coming out with it, and stating such teams, only puts unnecessary pressure on Clement.

King always puts his foot in his mouth, our mouth now seeing as he fucked off.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Not at the level of club King mentioned

No but the knock on effect might see him replacing someone taking one of them jobs. Like De Zerbi leaving Brighton etc.

7 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Sure, that's what happens in football.

But Dave King coming out with it, and stating such teams, only puts unnecessary pressure on Clement.

King always puts his foot in his mouth, our mouth now seeing as he fucked off.

Don't think Clement will give a single fuck what King says. If its brought to him in a presser then he will bat it away like he does with other nonsense he gets asked.

39 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Day we played Aberdeen at home I sorted two tickets for a guy who coaches at youth level and also manages a reserve team overseas.

He was asking me before the game how we played, what system etc and I just shrugged my shoulders and said if you can work it out you are doing better than me.

Met him after the game to get the ST cards off him and he was laughing saying you were right, I've got not idea what I've just watched.

48 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I think you’re giving him too much credit there. As much as he likes to think of himself as a football hipster there’s no way he was trying to implement that. We never concentrated the ball on one side of the pitch using those ‘Brazilian ladders’ to move up diagonally and the chaotic movement that Fluminense side displays wasn’t visible - if anything we were static in middle positions.

It was more that we funnelled the ball narrower and narrower from our full backs in a sharp point to the opponents 18 yard box, before becoming bottlenecked, being forced into returning the ball out wide to be crossed from deep, or we simply lost possession and got pumped on the counter.

It was a complete tactical clusterfuck that made no sense and had no right being introduced so radically with so many new arrivals, only to then be backtracked on after a few games. He didn’t even believe in his system!

So it’s no wonder that the players didn’t have a fucking clue what he was expecting to happen and it isn’t a surprise so many of them looked so far off it.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

No but the knock on effect might see him replacing someone taking one of them jobs. Like De Zerbi leaving Brighton etc.

Don't think Clement will give a single fuck what King says. If its brought to him in a presser then he will bat it away like he does with other nonsense he gets asked.

King literally named Utd and Liverpool 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I think you’re giving him too much credit there. As much as he likes to think of himself as a football hipster there’s no way he was trying to implement that. We never concentrated the ball on one side of the pitch using those ‘Brazilian ladders’ to move up diagonally and the chaotic movement that Fluminense side displays wasn’t visible - if anything we were static in middle positions.

It was more that we funnelled the ball narrower and narrower from our full backs in a sharp point to the opponents 18 yard box, before becoming bottlenecked, being forced into returning the ball out wide to be crossed from deep, or we simply lost possession and got pumped on the counter.

It was a complete tactical clusterfuck that made no sense and had no right being introduced so radically with so many new arrivals, only to then be backtracked on after a few games. He didn’t even believe in his system!

So it’s no wonder that the players didn’t have a fucking clue what he was expecting to happen and it isn’t a surprise so many of them looked so far off it.

I've said this before on here but mind when all the new players were signing and there was a lot of statements flying about re him convincing them where they fit in the system that we wanted to play? I'd love to know what it was that the players thought they were signing up to.