Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We need to be self-sufficient and stop wasting money buying duds on long contracts on very high wages.

Our wage bill is shamefully high.  We have spent a lot on the stadium maintenance which was needed and spent a stupid fortune on New Ed House.

Off-loading Roofe, Davies, Wright, Lammers, Dessers etc would be a start.  Even Steve Davis retiring saves a big wage.  

NEH didnt come off the clubs budget i thought, wasnt it just long term loans from fan investors? 

4 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Surely a change in formation until wingers are back is the best option? 

Tav Yilmaz push on to give the width n have Silva Dessers central. With 3 CBs

We struggled defending balls into the box with a winger and a fullback on the park, until thats rectified id hate to see us play with only one wide player and constant cross balls into our box

55 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

We struggled defending balls into the box with a winger and a fullback on the park, until thats rectified id hate to see us play with only one wide player and constant cross balls into our box

3 CBs to deal with they cross balls though

7 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Surely a change in formation until wingers are back is the best option? 

Tav Yilmaz push on to give the width n have Silva Dessers central. With 3 CBs

I get your thinking but our run of fixtures are Benfica (7th), Hibs (10th), Benfica (14th), Dundee (17th), Hibs (30th), them (7th April).

We don’t have the time or fixtures to try experimenting with formation, most I could see is maybe trying pushing Ridvan up one with Borna in behind if we really are at that level of emergency.

Hopefully by the time we play Dundee we might be seeing some players returning, some much needed rest for the rest and ready to kick on for the final push!

28 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

An absolute disgrace the squad he’s having to deal with.

Him and Koppen better get the tools in the summer.

Yup. Better get the chequebook out Bennett n Co. If there was ever a time to stop the self-sufficiency mode they've been stuck in its this summer.

Loving this season, most excit9ing in years, but a wee part of me can't wait until he has the chance to properly bring in his players and have a full off season

But for now I guess I'll have to settle for a League Cup win, top of the league, a run in the Scottish Cup and going toe to toe with top teams in Europe!!  :rangers:

6 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Can't speak highly enough of The Gaffer .... he is a powerful unit who walks the walk ..... unlike the  previous imposter who couldn't.

🇬🇧

I get the impression that he is the type of guy who once he starts a job, he will see it through, and in the process will do things properly. Like many others who have made similar comments, given what he is managed to get from what was basically a train wreck of a squad, it will be fascinating to see what he can build with the proper support from the Club over a few transfer windows.

14 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Trying to imagine where we would be if the likes of Sima and Danilo had stayed fit

Maybe top of the league having made up nine points on septic, League cup win, Scottish Cup quarterfinal this weekend, and a European tie at Ibrox next Thursday.

36 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Maybe top of the league having made up nine points on septic, League cup win, Scottish Cup quarterfinal this weekend, and a European tie at Ibrox next Thursday.

That's what we have done not what we could have done.

Just now, Darth Bear said:

That's what we have done not what we could have done.

Yes it is what we could have done and it is what we have done. I understand the point the poster was trying to make from a squad perspective, but other than defeating Motherwell and Benfica last night, we couldn’t have had a better run of results if Sima and Danilo had been in the team.

1 minute ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Yes it is what we could have done and it is what we have done. I understand the point the poster was trying to make from a squad perspective, but other than defeating Motherwell and Benfica last night, we couldn’t have had a better run of results if Sima and Danilo had been in the team.

So that is a start for imagining where we could have been with those players available. 

Can't argue with what he has done though 👍

4 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

I get the impression that he is the type of guy who once he starts a job, he will see it through, and in the process will do things properly. Like many others who have made similar comments, given what he is managed to get from what was basically a train wreck of a squad, it will be fascinating to see what he can build with the proper support from the Club over a few transfer windows.

He had a zero budget in January which is why we’re committed (ie out of pocket) to the tune of the combined figure for DioMande and Cortes although the latter’s injury muddies the water a bit.

Bottom line is that he won’t have as much as we’d like but a league title and CL money would make a monumental difference.