Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

10 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

King literally named Utd and Liverpool 

Them with other big european clubs as clubs needing managers in the summer and where they managers will come from and linking it to how Postecoglu got the Spurs job. That's it. Nothing too shocking about that tbh.

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Them with other big european clubs as clubs needing managers in the summer and where they managers will come from and linking it to how Postecoglu got the Spurs job. That's it. Nothing too shocking about that tbh.

There's nothing shocking about what he said, there's a lot wrong with the timing of it tbh.

Dave King has a knack for coming out saying things at the wrong time, just as he's done again.

Unnecessary pressure, and ammo already there if the game doesn't go the way we want.

32 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I think you’re giving him too much credit there. As much as he likes to think of himself as a football hipster there’s no way he was trying to implement that. We never concentrated the ball on one side of the pitch using those ‘Brazilian ladders’ to move up diagonally and the chaotic movement that Fluminense side displays wasn’t visible - if anything we were static in middle positions.

It was more that we funnelled the ball narrower and narrower from our full backs in a sharp point to the opponents 18 yard box, before becoming bottlenecked, being forced into returning the ball out wide to be crossed from deep, or we simply lost possession and got pumped on the counter.

It was a complete tactical clusterfuck that made no sense and had no right being introduced so radically with so many new arrivals, only to then be backtracked on after a few games. He didn’t even believe in his system!

So it’s no wonder that the players didn’t have a fucking clue what he was expecting to happen and it isn’t a surprise so many of them looked so far off it.

28 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've said this before on here but mind when all the new players were signing and there was a lot of statements flying about re him convincing them where they fit in the system that we wanted to play? I'd love to know what it was that the players thought they were signing up to.

That’s why I suspect he wanted to play some kind of Diniz-like style, but was so incompetent he had no idea how to implement it, hence immediately abandoning it after the Kilmarnock game.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me, he’s that arrogant he probably thought he could make it work in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

There's nothing shocking about what he said, there's a lot wrong with the timing of it tbh.

Dave King has a knack for coming out saying things at the wrong time, just as he's done again.

Unnecessary pressure, and ammo already there if the game doesn't go the way we want.

Don't see the pressure myself and I'll be shocked if this affects Clement in any way at all.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

No but the knock on effect might see him replacing someone taking one of them jobs. Like De Zerbi leaving Brighton etc.

Don't think Clement will give a single fuck what King says. If its brought to him in a presser then he will bat it away like he does with other nonsense he gets asked.

I know that generally money talks, but I think Clement puts a lot of stock into being at a club like ours that demands 100% success. He’s said numerous times he didn’t really enjoy his time at Monaco because the desire and desperation to win just wasn’t there. I honestly can’t see him leaving for a Brighton or the likes. 

If we win the league he’s going to get interest. If we bottle it he won’t. That’s just the reality of the situation.

He doesn’t seem like the type who would walk away from Champions League football. I don’t see the biggest clubs going after him. Spurs were out of Europe when they came for Postecoglu.

24 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I know that generally money talks, but I think Clement puts a lot of stock into being at a club like ours that demands 100% success. He’s said numerous times he didn’t really enjoy his time at Monaco because the desire and desperation to win just wasn’t there. I honestly can’t see him leaving for a Brighton or the likes. 

Brighton was just an example. There's going to be a much higher % of managers moving this summer than before and think we should do what we can to keep the manager here.

29 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Agreed. He’s mentioned previously about having a stable team over a 2/3 year period to see it to its peak who have won and lost together. I think he’ll want to see that through but the lure of EPL will always be there if he has continued success with us.

On 04/04/2024 at 17:11, SPWF said:

100% correct mate.

He was asked when he arrived what made him choose Rangers over the other clubs who were interested in him ... (forget if they were mentioned .... but the money was much more than what he would be on with us) .... and he said basically what you said mate.

In his drive around interview with Kris Boyd ... he hasn't changed that view ... and if anything is even more determined to succeed with Rangers ... so I doubt any other club will tempt him to leave for a better salary any time soon .... as he seems to have a very strong liking for the football vibe that surrounds Rangers and Glasgow ..... making it all sound good for the future.

King saying what he said .... is just King spouting his usual ill-timed pish talk ... (We should be sharing league tiles with the beasts shite) .... Aye right ....😛

🇬🇧

38 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Needless to say, Sunday will be a very highly pressurised game for Phil with a lot at stake.

Can he handle that pressure?

I'm pretty sure he can. :tu:

He looked in good fettle in that press conference today. He's the man you want leading us in to big games like this

34 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

He looked in good fettle in that press conference today. He's the man you want leading us in to big games like this

100% agree. Just watched the press conference there. He's the man to take us forward without a doubt for me. I think he'd got them beat already with tactics just need the players to step up. 

18 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

He did speak very well yet again. Never about himself may I add. Always about our squad.

He goes into enough detail to inform our support, but we all know he isn't  showing his full hand and is hiding a few aces.

On 04/04/2024 at 17:30, RFC55 said:

He went to one of the best places on the planet and said he hated it because they don’t live and breathe football: 

Aye, said so much in the Boyd interview mate.:thumbsup:

Phil knows that passion is more important than money.

Ibrox on big European nights for example. Sheer atmosphere, passion and  energy!!! 

48 thousand diehard Rangers supporters backing our team to the hilt.

Our away support .. If we had an away game in Mars we'd get 10 thousand tickets and still want more.

Money can't buy that

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He did speak very well yet again. Never about himself may I add. Always about our squad.

He goes into enough detail to inform our support, but we all know he isn't  showing his full hand and is hiding a few aces.

It must be a joy to be a player and play under a manager like Clement. 

Seems to have a good sense of humour, knows what he wants and is passionate as fuck and strikes me as being a good man manager aswell as tactically astute. 

Just listened to his press conference and he's even cheered me up no end. Some guy.