Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

38 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Yeah, think Lawrence and Silva will need to play/start wider now. Get Sterling in the centre and tell Raskin he can look for a new club in the summer as he's shite, and barring one or two games ages ago, always more or less has been. 

Agree with the above on Raskin. He has been an absolute passenger in most games offering approaching zero creatively. We have 9 high intenity effective cup finals coming up and we can"t afford to be carrying this type of player.

49 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Lawrence didn’t look 100% in the lead up to him coming off midweek though. 

With Cantwell out he’s probably playing more minutes than Clement would like to be giving him.

Again like with previous bosses, play your strongest, get the lead and control the game, then save players

Bringing guys on from the cold, when chasing a game is way harder than holding a lead while in control 

Finding it hard to find any criticism for the manager. We have an injury crisis. His advice to manage that will have been to rotate and manage players. (He probably didn’t want to play Lawrence at all today if he didn’t have to).

I think fatigue is playing a big part.

One of the best bits about PC has been our press. We basically thrashed Hearts with it. Guys like Lundstrum looked spent today.

There’s going to be games where we are flatter. Hard to continue his play style playing twice a week. 

That’s without touching on the joke of a front 3 we have.

Was hoping we could have limped through today, played the kids against Benfica. And been back at it with a few weeks rest and some players back

39 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

You think hearts gameplan wasnt humped because we started by going for their throats and got the early goal

They always play really open against us, something Motherwell won’t do.

Has been immense since he came in, and rightly took the plaudits on Wednesday night for acknowledging the issues and changing personnel which ultimately got us the win

However today after getting it back to 1-1 it was evident that the players were knackered, we were continually cut open and we just couldn’t get back in numbers as Motherwell broke - PC never made any subs and that cost us the 2nd goal and ultimately the game

Ryan Jack would have stiffened up the midfield 

Scott Wright as frustrating as he is would have started wide, Sterling kept coming in field 

8 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Has been immense since he came in, and rightly took the plaudits on Wednesday night for acknowledging the issues and changing personnel which ultimately got us the win

However today after getting it back to 1-1 it was evident that the players were knackered, we were continually cut open and we just couldn’t get back in numbers as Motherwell broke - PC never made any subs and that cost us the 2nd goal and ultimately the game

Ryan Jack would have stiffened up the midfield 

Scott Wright as frustrating as he is would have started wide, Sterling kept coming in field 

:lol::lol::lol: Ryan Jack was finished before his most recent injury, they’d have ghosted by him like he wasn’t even there as most people do these days 

21 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Fuck that Ive just paid £141 for 3 tickets 🤣

As long as it isn't for the next round you'll be fine. I dont ever want to lose a tie but this season it would be for the greater good. The league title and the guaranteed enhanced Champions League money will have an effect on our team for years to come. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

As long as it isn't for the next round you'll be fine. I dont ever want to lose a tie but this season it would be for the greater good. The league title and the guaranteed enhanced Champions League money will have an effect on our team for years to come. 

Heart rules the head mate 

32 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

:lol::lol::lol: Ryan Jack was finished before his most recent injury, they’d have ghosted by him like he wasn’t even there as most people do these days 

I know he’s hardly featured and has years worth of injury issues

but you can’t be telling me he couldn’t have stiffened up the midfield which had been overrun and improve us???? 

30min run out and he would have covered the gap behind Tav and may have made Goldson look less nervy 

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Probably because he knows that Roofe will go again at any point which just leaves Silva and Dessers. He can’t play both of them for 90 minutes week in week out and burn them out.

Introduce Lovelace back into the mix? I know he's most likely away in the summer but we badly need numbers and he's a good player.

I think he's no choice but to play the strongest 11 possible until the International break now, which will inevitably lead to more injuries. 

I am still pissed off at that result. It didn't need to happen. Stats make it harder to swallow when reading it. 

I really hope this is sorted and it doesn't mess with the players confidence.

Maybe they were complacent thinking Motherwell would be a sure bet....they should have been. 

As said, we do not have a few of the key players that would make the difference apart from Lawrence and Silva who should have started imo which is extremely frustrating. 

Screenshot_20240303_002504_Google.thumb.jpg.d8bbb9e9ae6c2b135c96917cb7e93173.jpg

Not going to criticise Phil for losing one game with a front 3 of McCausland Dessers and Sterling

Imagine back in the August rebuild we'd be here with that as a front 3. Absolutely criminal. And it was half addressed and we just got very unlucky with injuries but overall he's still clawed back 6 points on them if they win today. 

Doing a cracking job and whether we win this season or not I'm excited for next