Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Not going to criticise Phil for losing one game with a front 3 of McCausland Dessers and Sterling

Imagine back in the August rebuild we'd be here with that as a front 3. Absolutely criminal. And it was half addressed and we just got very unlucky with injuries but overall he's still clawed back 6 points on them if they win today. 

Doing a cracking job and whether we win this season or not I'm excited for next

My worry us that without winning the league and knowing we have Champions League money, we won't have much to invest in the squad. On the flip side, if that mob win the league I think they'll back Rodgers heavily.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

My worry us that without winning the league and knowing we have Champions League money, we won't have much to invest in the squad. On the flip side, if that mob win the league I think they'll back Rodgers heavily.

No point worrying about that till it happens. I seen scum fans saying the opposite this time last week

On 02/03/2024 at 17:45, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d love to know if the striker thing in January was a budget issue or if the manager thought Silva was that player we needed.

The right forward position just continues to baffle me.

Allegedly Clement said at the Souness night that the transfer budget in January was £0, and we had to be creative with our signings.

I wasn’t there so can’t confirm but that’s been said on FF.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Allegedly Clement said at the Souness night that the transfer budget in January was £0, and we had to be creative with our signings.

Someone posted the same on here 

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

12 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Someone posted the same on here 

Ffs sack the bored

He’s done a brilliant job, but he’s made two really bad selection choices in the last two games that have seen us 1-0 at halftime both times.

Good thing is he corrects things quickly, and seems a guy to learn from his mistakes.

If we can get some forward players returning I’ve every confidence in us winning the league. If we’re going with Wright, Sterling and McCausland as wingers then even Pep wouldn’t win it. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You'd have to assume that the summer budget is going to be close to the same then, since we've already spent £4m on Diomande. 

Winning this league and getting Champions League money is absolutely vital.

10 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

You'd have to assume that the summer budget is going to be close to the same then, since we've already spent £4m on Diomande. 

Winning this league and getting Champions League money is absolutely vital.

From the accounts it's pretty clear we wouldn't have anything to spend in January. Hence why we only brought in 3 loan signings, one with obligation to buy, another an option. 

Even when we had CL money we didn't have much to spend, adding to that much more transfer money coming in. 

The board are determined to see us be self-sufficient before anything else.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

From the accounts it's pretty clear we wouldn't have anything to spend in January. Hence why we only brought in 3 loan signings, one with obligation to buy, another an option. 

Even when we had CL money we didn't have much to spend, adding to that much more transfer money coming in. 

The board are determined to see us be self-sufficient before anything else.

We need to be self-sufficient and stop wasting money buying duds on long contracts on very high wages.

Our wage bill is shamefully high.  We have spent a lot on the stadium maintenance which was needed and spent a stupid fortune on New Ed House.

Off-loading Roofe, Davies, Wright, Lammers, Dessers etc would be a start.  Even Steve Davis retiring saves a big wage.  

So I think we all knew as the January window dragged on we clearly as above posts say we're unable to buy anyone except on a loan basis..how much did beale spend in the summer on dessers, Danilo alone?

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think the manager deserved better and obvious that Beale emptied the bank.

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was quite open about it. Was told at the outset he would have ‘zero to spend’ (his exact words).

Guys worked absolute miracles. The board must have hit a riddy telling him he's got no money because they blew it all for a PE teacher. Regardless of how this season pans out, he deserves backing in the summer. Beale got it on no merit at all. Clement has more than earned it

Assume with around ten players leaving in the summer (end of contract/loan deals and players clearly not in his plans) that he'll then have a bit of a budget simply based on saved wages and hopefully a few transfer fees - especially if they can get something decent back for Dessers and Lammers?

So much dead wood kicking about that ten out and maybe three or four quality players in and I think we would have a pretty strong squad

43 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Assume with around ten players leaving in the summer (end of contract/loan deals and players clearly not in his plans) that he'll then have a bit of a budget simply based on saved wages and hopefully a few transfer fees - especially if they can get something decent back for Dessers and Lammers?

So much dead wood kicking about that ten out and maybe three or four quality players in and I think we would have a pretty strong squad

This is why it is important that despite the priority obviously being on the Title, we should still be giving it everything in the European games. This round alone will be worth several million to the Club, same again if we get through, we need to get as much cash from the Euro run this season as the Title and the CL jackpot is obviously by no means guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

This is why it is important that despite the priority obviously being on the Title, we should still be giving it everything in the European games. This round alone will be worth several million to the Club, same again if we get through, we need to get as much cash from the Euro run this season as the Title and the CL jackpot is obviously by no means guaranteed.

He mentioned last night the importance of developing more young players.

Said that some of the kids he brought through in Belgium and Monaco went on to play for Real Madrid and clubs in the Bundesliga.

Thats part of his thinking for our future.

Didn't sound like we were a stepping stone, more like a substantial long term project.

Went down very well with the assembled bears.