Assistant manager: Stephan Van Der Heyden

Loyal72

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not the strongest looking appointment, but it’s probably more just having a trusted resource for the manager.

Be interesting to see the rest of the backroom team. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not the strongest looking appointment, but it’s probably more just having a trusted resource for the manager.

Be interesting to see the rest of the backroom team. 

Aye, this was the guy that flew over with him watching all of our games.

Be someone familiar that he can lean on as he gets used to everything here. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Who did he have at Monaco? Does he have a team he works with?

Jonas Ivens was his fitness coach he took with him to Monaco and can’t remember the assistants name.

Been reported both aren’t coming so maybe they’ve other plans or he’s learning lessons from Monaco? 

9 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Jonas Ivens was his fitness coach he took with him to Monaco and can’t remember the assistants name.

Been reported both aren’t coming so maybe they’ve other plans or he’s learning lessons from Monaco? 

I quite like when Managers have a settled team with them, but he seems to want to get his backroom process right here.

Auditions to ex players etc. I think he'll get what he needs. And he seems prepared to wait for that right team to come together naturally, so no real complaints tbh.

17 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I quite like when Managers have a settled team with them, but he seems to want to get his backroom process right here.

Auditions to ex players etc. I think he'll get what he needs. And he seems prepared to wait for that right team to come together naturally, so no real complaints tbh.

I can see the benefits of having a core of guys the manager has worked with before, but also can see how that can translate into them just trying to exactly replicate what they have done before and not adapt it to the specifics of the club / league that they are now working in.

I quite like the idea that he is bringing one or two guys he knows to help start getting his methods across and then can assess who he can work with that is already here and what he can learn off them.