2023/24 season rebooted

285miles

Agree we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves here, but PC has obviously had an impact regarding form and results from the same squad.

Attacking play has definitely sharpened up and although an overall poor performance, we got the result in last Sundays game through the type of perseverance which is required to win titles.

Win the league cup, avoid defeat at the next game at the Piggery, a couple of new players in the January window and this could turn into a memorable season.  

9 minutes ago, 285miles said:

Agree we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves here, but PC has obviously had an impact regarding form and results from the same squad.

Attacking play has definitely sharpened up and although an overall poor performance, we got the result in last Sundays game through the type of perseverance which is required to win titles.

Win the league cup, avoid defeat at the next game at the Piggery, a couple of new players in the January window and this could turn into a memorable season.  

:thumbsup:

I'm excited about having Clement as the manager. We are heading in the right direction. 

But let's not get carried away because the scum dropped points. We were poor against Hearts, and okay against Sparta.

Win the next two games and the excitement around the team will definitely build.

The turn around has been impressive but three key things before we can look at the league (IMO):

- Return players to fitness ASAP and avoid further injuries at all costs.

- Post manager bounce must transform into sustained performances so we don't drop points before piggery.

- We MUST strengthen in Jan as Tims will certainly add a striker at least.  Their second half of the season will not be as poor performance-wise as the start.

As OP said, winning League Cup is also key but if we get those first two right then it will fall into place.

Said before just watching him in press conferences etc I can tell he’ll be a success here especially if he’s given backing in the next couple of windows. Not sure what it is but he just has an aura about him that we haven’t seen at our club in a long while. However I’m still not confident of winning the league this season due to the players he inherited and the 7 point gap. A week is a long time in football right enough as at 10 to 5 last Sunday we were 8 points behind and I’d have said the league was over. Now only being 5 behind and the scum seemingly in a bit of turmoil we definitely have a chance to have a proper title race.

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, I think it is, as well. But only time will tell.

Better preparation, better organisation, players better drilled in what they should be doing, better application and attitude far better instructions coming from the sidelines, better tactical changes in game, better subs during games and better recovery. There’s no chance we fall back into the same shite we had under Beale. Things are only going to get better, we’ve had a lot of false dawns but this time it has a genuine different feel about it. Clement demands high standards and doesn’t suffer fools. Early stages but It appears he’s a perfect fit for our club. 

I saw it reported he was looking for 2 or 3 new faces in January on loan or loan to buy.  Along side returning injured players (and avoiding any further injuries) that should give us a decent squad at least for domestic football.

(assuming we recruit decent players)

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think it’s a wee bit more than a new manager bounce tbh 

Beale got results when he took over from Gio but the performances apart from the Edinburgh games were poor.

Here we can see improvements in our play and we are unbeaten in 4 (2 home 2 away including 1 in europe), scored 11, conceded 1 and this is all with injuries just as bad if not worse than when he took over (except Danilo returning)

He’s got almost a free hit of sorts at chasing the title. If he pushes Celtic and runs it close but they still maintain a rate of consistency against the other ten teams that make up this league out-with us and them then no one is going to hold not overturning a 7 point gap against him 

only way he maybe has questions raised is if we go the other way and Celtic canter it with an embarrassing points tally 

consistency , decent showing in Europe and the two cups are my musts for the year . The title I haven’t given up on yet and my opinion may change come winter break and how we get through this next run of fixtures

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

I saw it reported he was looking for 2 or 3 new faces in January on loan or loan to buy.  Along side returning injured players (and avoiding any further injuries) that should give us a decent squad at least for domestic football.

(assuming we recruit decent players)

I get that there and hits and misses but some of the players he’s signed previously or brought through the youth ranks are very exciting. Likes of Skov Olsen, Noa Lang. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm excited about having Clement as the manager. We are heading in the right direction. 

But let's not get carried away because the scum dropped points. We were poor against Hearts, and okay against Sparta.

Win the next two games and the excitement around the team will definitely build.

Not carried away at all but the difference he has made not just in the way we play but the attitude in games in a few short weeks is astounding. Gone from one of our darkest games against Limassol to where we are now with the same players is extremely impressive. Even more so considering its only him and his assistant that's come in.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Not carried away at all but the difference he has made not just in the way we play but the attitude in games in a few short weeks is astounding. Gone from one of our darkest games against Limassol to where we are now with the same players is extremely impressive. Even more so considering its only him and his assistant that's come in.

Add in the Aberdeen game at Ibrox. Those were a dismal couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, 285miles said:

not getting ahead of myself but we are defo winning the league (fck that, treble)

4 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

He’s got almost a free hit of sorts at chasing the title. If he pushes celtic and runs it close but they still maintain a rate of consistency against the other ten teams that make up this league out-with us and them then no one is going to hold not overturning a 7 point gap against him 

only way he maybe has questions raised is if we go the other way and celtic canter it with an embarrassing points tally 

consistency , decent showing in Europe and the two cups are my musts for the year . The title I haven’t given up on yet and my opinion may change come winter break and how we get through this next run of fixtures

A little pressure on them and their fans will go in for the kill. We just need to sustain it and I'm sure they'll collapse. 

I'm trying not to get carried away just yet. 

The turnaround in play and attitude from the utter shite beale served up has been impressive especially with how quickly it's been done. 

The worry for me this season is there is still players in this squad who have routinely bottled it in crunch games. A win this weekend would be another big step forward to addressing that. 

Dundee tried to avoid sitting in and it killed them and that allowed us to not play that fucking stupid horseshoe ALL the time. There was a lot more through the middle, quick turn-rounds and we pressed to win the second balls more too.

Stop hertz getting forward for 10 mins on Sunday by going for them right away, pop in the first goal and we can settle down and exploit the space after 60 mins.

Easy win