Scott Wright

13 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

I always rated him think the abuse he gets sometimes is terrible 

Easy target for the "get him to fuck" brigade.

Trying to keep your confidence as a Rangers player can be a difficult task and mores if you're a fringe player.

Hopefully the fans will listen to PC, back the players even when they take a chance and it doesn't come off and encourage them to go again.

Wright is one of the few who has always been willing to take people on and drive at a defence. Needs to work on his final ball and decision making - both can be coached and I think (hope) he will thrive under PC and become a valuable part of the squad

29 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Easy target for the "get him to fuck" brigade.

Trying to keep your confidence as a Rangers player can be a difficult task and mores if you're a fringe player.

Hopefully the fans will listen to PC, back the players even when they take a chance and it doesn't come off and encourage them to go again.

Wright is one of the few who has always been willing to take people on and drive at a defence. Needs to work on his final ball and decision making - both can be coached and I think (hope) he will thrive under PC and become a valuable part of the squad

You know this from experience ?

• 3 months later...

Why has no manager been able to improve Scott's game?  Is this a case of you simply cannot polish a turd?   Don't mean to suggest he's a turd, but you would hope that after impressing enough to get a move from Aberdeen all those years ago he would kick on and improve surrounded by better players, but it's just not happened.  For me, he should be the right winger we've needed for so long.

Attributes (positives):

• Excellent burst of pace
  • Excellent work rate and application
  • Dribbling (He can always beat one or two players before running into trouble)
  • Decent shot
  • Doesn't appear to have an issue knowing he's no more than a squad player. (arguably a negative)

Negatives

• Crossing
  • Final ball
  • Decision-making

I'd be putting an arm round Scott and ask him to concentrate on retaining possession. Only pass/or cross the ball if you can guarantee that you'll find your man.  If he could concentrate on that, we could see an improvement to his game.

I just don't think it'll ever happen though and expect to him to move on this summer.

3 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Why has no manager been able to improve Scott's game?  Is this a case of you simply cannot polish a turd?   Don't mean to suggest he's a turd, but you would hope that after impressing enough to get a move from Aberdeen all those years ago he would kick on and improve surrounded by better players, but it's just not happened.  For me, he should be the right winger we've needed for so long.

Attributes (positives):

• Decent shot
  • Doesn't appear to have an issue knowing he's no more than a squad player. (arguably a negative)

Negatives

• Crossing
  • Final ball
  • Decision-making

I'd be putting an arm round Scott and ask him to concentrate on retaining possession. Only pass/or cross the ball if you can guarantee that you'll find your man.  If he could concentrate on that, we could see an improvement to his game.

I just don't think it'll ever happen though and expect to him to move on this summer.

Hes had more chances than most at Rangers tbh.  I think his biggest let down is his lack of consistency.  Provided some big cup moments but never managed to translate that into sustained performances.

I'd like to think if the boy has any capacity to improve that Clement would be the man to do it.  

He hasn't improved any aspect of his game since joining us. Needs to be gone in the summer because even as a squad option we need to find better. 

Armstrong at Killie would be a perfect replacement at what you'd think would be an affordable price. 

No issuw with signing guys like Wright, Hardie, Stewart, with a bit of potential who know the league and help towards the HG quota but there has to come a time when we realise they just aren't good enough and we try someone else. He's definitely at that stage. 

33 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Attributes (positives):

• Decent shot

Negatives

• Crossing
  • Final ball
  • Decision-making

The positives you quote are all a fallacy. I watched him yesterday jogging about not giving two fucks. 
Your positives contradict your negatives. 

Remember this was a guy prepared to go to the arse end of Turkish football to play in front of 700 people.  

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If you can't cross a ball, and he can't, then he's no good as a wide player with us.

He's got skill in tight spaces but he's not a creator/ number 10 that will make it at Rangers.

What we need from him is a level above what he's capable of.

This.  Much of our pattern of play is designed to create a situation where the wide player is in space.  If that then results in the ball being blootered out of play, all that build up is a total waste of time.

Much as I can't stand watching Barisic because of his lack of guts, at least he can deliver a decent ball into the box

42 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Attributes (positives):

• Decent shot

Negatives

• Crossing
  • Final ball
  • Decision-making

Scott Shite 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

The positives you quote are all a fallacy. I watched him yesterday jogging about not giving two fucks. 
Your positives contradict your negatives. 

Remember this was a guy prepared to go to the arse end of Turkish football to play in front of 700 people.  

They do??

Absolutely awful.   How he was left on for the full game yesterday was a mystery.    Normally you put players you want to off load into the "shop window" by playing them in games like yesterday.  It won't work with Scott Wright.