*****The Official Rangers v Aris Limassol Match Thread*****

The quality on show from us was atrocious, Cifuentes although not solely to blame was horrendous, some of these guys are levels below what's required, the decline in general play this last couple of years is a joke, a look around the other games from last night shows we belong nowhere near these teams at this present moment.

10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Iā€™m so utterly fed up of this team.

Difficult to get up for games knowing we have gutless losers playing for us every week.

Can't wait for the summer to at least ship some of them outĀ 

32 minutes ago, CXB said:

Still turned up though, watch a crap performance and the supports reaction will be muted, we've all been going to Ibrox long enough to know this.

We did. But contributed nothing. Did nothing to lift the team, myself included.Ā 

These players were rotten last night. Ā Like really bad.

Tav, Cifuentes, Cantwell, Lammers, Danilo, Lawrence, Sima, Matondo.Ā 

You wonā€™t be winning games at many levels with that shitshow all off it. Ā Could arguably add to that list btw.

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

These players were rotten last night. Ā Like really bad.

Tav, Cifuentes, Cantwell, Lammers, Danilo, Lawrence, Sima, Matondo.Ā 

You wonā€™t be winning games at many levels with that shitshow all off it. Ā Could arguably add to that list btw.

Agreed. So how does it happen that an entire starting 10 outfield players can be so bad. Lundstram was about the only one you could say wasnā€™t completely shite.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Agreed. So how does it happen that an entire starting 10 outfield players can be so bad. Lundstram was about the only one you could say wasnā€™t completely shite.Ā 

I wish I had the answer. Ā Hopefully the manager does. Ā They should at least know he wonā€™t be taking any of their shite. Ā 

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Worrying that Clement said Cantwell wasn't following instructions. Begs the question, were Lammers, Cifuentes and Sima following instructions?Ā  Were Davies and Souttar?

They must have been - just becuase they are shite or make mistakes doesn't change they are trying to do what he wants.

Usually watch the game when I get home from Ibrox, last night I couldn't even bring myself to do that, that must rank as one of the worst performances, and there's been numerous, ever.

Said to my son on the way out last night when was the last time you can remember saying that was some pass, neither of us can remember the last time, I can't see these performances changing for a long long time because there are just too many bad players in that squad, and if anything it's going to get worse.

Why is Clement playing a system that doesn't suit Sima, Danilo or Cantwell? Why is he playing Lammers and Cifuentes who clearly aren't good enough? If you can't beat Aris at home in a must win game then you're going to struggle in cup finals and against celtic.

5 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Why is Clement playing a system that doesn't suit Sima, Danilo or Cantwell? Why is he playing Lammers and Cifuentes who clearly aren't good enough? If you can't beat Aris at home in a must win game then you're going to struggle in cup finals and against celtic.

What formation do you think would suit them?

6 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

& the sheep.Ā 

45 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Just watched that post match presser and I am seriously concerned about some of the stuff PC has said.Ā 
Ā 

He spent his first 5 weeks studiously avoiding dishing out praise because it was about the team. When pressed on individual player performances he said I donā€™t like to talk about individuals itā€™s about the team. Last night he was very quick to talk about individuals. ā€œTodd didnā€™t do as I told him so I hooked him. I know he is not a right sided player but I need him there. ā€œ

ā€œCifu is not playing wellā€ ā€œSima has had a baby and is not playing wellā€ ā€œLawrence is making bad decisionsā€

I donā€™t care how true these statements might be but as a leader you criticise in private and praise in public. He is doing the exact opposite.Ā 
Ā 

One guy he didnā€™t criticise was Lammers. I am not saying he should but if he is going to call out the poor performances of the above guys how does Lammers get a by?Ā 
Ā 

saying we have made progress because last time we played Limassol with better players we got beat is mental gymnastics.Ā 
Ā 

We needed a strong manager and the first 5 weeks I thought we had the real deal. Last nights performance and comments are a source of concern. The players are rightly taking a tanking because they are weak minded losers but this manager needs to piss with the dick he has got and I donā€™t think throwing them under the bus is going to get the best out of them. Fingers crossed he knows more about getting a performance out of modern footballers than I doĀ 

I'm also dismayed with PC. To be honest, I see no progress in the quality or style of our play since he came in. I see no players who show significant improvement in their performance since he arrived. I see no signs that he can motivate the squad - Sunday and last night being prime examples of this. Regardless of how he was performing, his man management of Cantwell last night was abysmal and will do him absolutely no favours with Todd or the rest of his squad. He could have waited till half time to make the change. His run since coming in is akin to Beale's when he was appointed. Mostly getting results but quality of football veering from dreadful to average. We're stuck with most of these players for a significant period - there will be no war chest in January. His job then is to make them better and by now he should have. But the last two games have been massively underwhelming. No better than Beale in his final days. I'm dreading the cup final and the 30th of December.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

UB displays, while looking very good, do absolutely nothing for the atmosphere. That was the quietest Ibrox has been, as the teams come out for a Euro tie , in years.

Howā€™s that the UBā€™s fault?

Nobody complained about the displays making Ibrox quiet for Seville.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Just watched that post match presser and I am seriously concerned about some of the stuff PC has said.Ā 
Ā 

He spent his first 5 weeks studiously avoiding dishing out praise because it was about the team. When pressed on individual player performances he said I donā€™t like to talk about individuals itā€™s about the team. Last night he was very quick to talk about individuals. ā€œTodd didnā€™t do as I told him so I hooked him. I know he is not a right sided player but I need him there. ā€œ

ā€œCifu is not playing wellā€ ā€œSima has had a baby and is not playing wellā€ ā€œLawrence is making bad decisionsā€

I donā€™t care how true these statements might be but as a leader you criticise in private and praise in public. He is doing the exact opposite.Ā 
Ā 

One guy he didnā€™t criticise was Lammers. I am not saying he should but if he is going to call out the poor performances of the above guys how does Lammers get a by?Ā 
Ā 

saying we have made progress because last time we played Limassol with better players we got beat is mental gymnastics.Ā 
Ā 

We needed a strong manager and the first 5 weeks I thought we had the real deal. Last nights performance and comments are a source of concern. The players are rightly taking a tanking because they are weak minded losers but this manager needs to piss with the dick he has got and I donā€™t think throwing them under the bus is going to get the best out of them. Fingers crossed he knows more about getting a performance out of modern footballers than I doĀ 

Iā€™m amazed none of the journalists asked him directly about Lammers especially as Tod being pushed wide and out of position was discussed. Surely itā€™s known that this is a baffling to many of the fans.Ā 

It beggars belief how much this has turned on its head.

24 hours ago a win would have guaranteed us EL football and put us in the driving seat to win the group and get into the last 16.

Now we NEED a win to avoid ECL last 32, where we will draw a team much better than Aris, who we canā€™t seem to beat.

Absolutely mental.

Just now, left winger said:

Because folk don't sing and shout and clap as much when they're holding up the display, or are entirely under it.

There were three stands with no displays. Again, Seville season, the same stand had a display at every knockout game, it wasnā€™t a pish atmosphere then.Ā 
Ā 

If anybodyā€™s to blame for a lack of atmosphere before the game, Iā€™d blame the club. UB start singing a song that gets the crowd going most and what do they do, they play Triple Hā€™s entrance music.

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There were three stands with no displays. Again, Seville season, the same stand had a display at every knockout game, it wasnā€™t a pish atmosphere then.Ā 
Ā 

If anybodyā€™s to blame for a lack of atmosphere before the game, Iā€™d blame the club. UB start singing a song that gets the crowd going most and what do they do, they play Triple Hā€™s entrance music.

Absolutely bizarre btw.

Biggest laugh of last night.

Ross McCausland does a wee bit of nice play near the right touch line, and as we are at the front, someone shouts loud as fuck ā€œwell done Robbie wee man, great play!ā€

You can tell he heard it and smirked, and the guy behind me spent the rest of the game Ā shouting ā€œWell done George!ā€ ā€œGood job, Derek!ā€

3 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This is worrying but maybe he knows that the guy's confidence is shot and will do him no good. Lammers needs taken out the firing line

At this point i just put a carboard box over my head and think to myself will this nightmare ever end? Will we ever return to being successful domestically? (I know last night was Europe just talking overall)Ā 

Just sick and fucking tired of being let down by this team and the same passengers. They might pull the wool over our eyes after a few victories but the fact is we need fresh players and the serial losers to get to fuck.Ā 

We need to be savage from the top and say right enough is enough your gone either on a free or mutual termination or loaned out or even better sold.