*****the official Bheggars v The Famous RFC ******

billythebear1986

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He's not wrong once the pen is awarded they'd have looked at the APP to see if any offense has taken place that would overturn the pen call the offside would've done that. 

Just as a bit of an aside, I think the ball from Lundstram should have been pulled a frame back from what was shown as the offside.

Not sure if that makes Sima on or off though.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Scottish VAR doesn't exactly follow the ifab rules set out by FIFA. Its far more limited. There was no protocol for Collum to look at the offside, only at the handball.

Yeah it follows the rules set by the tiags.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Scottish VAR doesn't exactly follow the ifab rules set out by FIFA. Its far more limited. There was no protocol for Collum to look at the offside, only at the handball.

The FIFA VAR Protocol will therefore also apply to the use of VAR in Scotland and is incorporated into the Scottish FA/SPFL VAR Protocol

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Funny but the SFA/SPFL said that their version of VAR isn't the bells and whistles version used by FIFA/EPL etc through ifab. Very much stripped down.

They're a shower of cunts mate but I'm sure you know that. 

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Just looked up the IFAB rules. It would have been given as offside.

. Penalty kick/no penalty kick

attacking team offence in the build-up to the penalty incident (handball, foul, offside etc.)

I don’t want it to come across as me defending the VAR team here. From what we’ve seen it appears Collum has looked at that handball and decided it wasn’t an offence which is fucking madness. 

I just think overall the decision to not award a pen seems to be correct, although arrived to incorrectly. 

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The FIFA VAR Protocol will therefore also apply to the use of VAR in Scotland and is incorporated into the Scottish FA/SPFL VAR Protocol

It doesn't. As I said it's a stripped down version and doesn't review all the things FIFA VAR does. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/video-assistant-referee-var-qa/

Offside buildup only looked at for goals. Not for a penalty check.

6 minutes ago, Amato said:

Lot of mileage in what sense? Will be swept under the carpet and if brought up it will be dismissed as offside and sour grapes

We’ll see.

Don't think Clement will be as feeble in defending his team as others.

Fuck’s sake, even Neil Lennon was in our corner on Sky.

It is corruption pure and simple.

1 hour ago, kanjo said:

My understanding of that is the referee missed the call and no goal was scored so they can’t check against it.   Maybe I’m reading it wrongly 

That’s fine but taking 40 minutes to realise that is a red flag.celtic awarded goal kick. They spent the time looking for something else.  They’re out their depth. Vars useless if you have morons running it.

Consider the technical reasons a foul was awarded against Dessers last OF in terms of possession, contact, obstruction etc.

One cost us a goal, the other almost mirror image sees nothing given. Seems its technically good enough a foul to chalk off a Rangers goal but not award us a penalty....

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And that's fine, if the correct procedure was followed. It wasn't and now they're trying to cover it up 

I agree. But I’m specifically commenting on something suggesting the offside would have been irrelevant to the penalty award. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Consider the technical reasons a foul was awarded against Dessers last OF in terms of possession, contact, obstruction etc.

One cost us a goal, the other almost mirror image sees nothing given. Seems it’s technically good enough a foul to chalk off a Rangers goal but not award us a penalty....

We need our players to put the result Beyond any doubts. They never lay a glove on this lot 

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It doesn't. As I said it's a stripped down version and doesn't review all the things FIFA VAR does. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/video-assistant-referee-var-qa/

Offside buildup only looked at for goals. Not for a penalty check.

I literally quoted the SFA website and there's nothing there that says they only check offside for goals.

2 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

I agree. But I’m specifically commenting on something suggesting the offside would have been irrelevant to the penalty award. 

I get that, but we they never even got to the point where he was offside or not because they never done it correctly. 

Which is the main grievance. 

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

One cost us a goal, the other almost mirror image sees nothing given. Seems its technically good enough a foul to chalk off a Rangers goal but not award us a penalty....

What’s the consensus on this?

The more I watch that the more it looks a pen but not sure I’d be happy if that was us defending.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The more I watch that the more it looks a pen but not sure I’d be happy if that was us defending.

It'd be ridiculous if given as a foul, the same way the chalked off goal was ridiculous. But if it IS a foul in one then I'm at a loss as to why its not in this incident. Well I'm not actually cos one went against us and this one would have went for us.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's hard to say it's any different from the Ibrox incident. He puts his foot across Dessers and doesn't make any contact with the ball.