Draw a line under it

ElBufalo20

21 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I know it’s difficult and everyone is hurting but there is genuinely no point in dwelling on it.

Forget statements too.

We’ve already got the first trophy still in Europe and very much in a title race.

Whether we like it or not we’ve lost to them twice yet are still realistically only 2 points behind with a depleted squad and being in a horrendous position in October.

They’ve reacted like like was a win to put them 10 points clear when that’s far from it.

Still got a lot of faith in the manager and it’s in our own hands.

Today was disappointing but nothing was lost today 

I got dogs abuse on Twitter for saying this also.

I have so much trust in Clement to get this right. After Brenda's post match comments I hope the board and staff sit together and watch it. 

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Totally against it , we had many decisions today that went against us, we had more than enough chances to win that game, our forward line are why we lost, not the officials. 

It’s 2 separate issues

Yes the forward line had chances that cost us, that’s been an issue since the summer transfer window closed 

Blatant cheating and rewriting the narrative during the game today after weeks of pressure from the Tims on the officials absolutely affected the outcome of the game again

Surely you can see the benefit of calling this out and separately sort our forward line in January?

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Totally against it , we had many decisions today that went against us, we had more than enough chances to win that game, our forward line are why we lost, not the officials. 

You’re saying refereeing decisions don’t influence results? How many time do we hear “that’s a shocking decision by the ref”. Mate, you were angry earlier. I’m angry about our forward line as well, but this really stunk today. 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Plenty to play for absolutely I agree, the result no and I’ll tell you why..

1. Where are the several replays of Celtics first goal corner kick? At the time seeing it only once it looked like it went out of play. We will never know if they don’t show it again. 

2. The handball/offside. The audio has to be released if the officials have nothing to hide. 

3. celtic player fouls. How many free hits can booked celtic players get before they are given a 2nd booking? Bernardo, o’reilly and Johnston spring to mind. And mcgregor should have, as per usual in old firms, been booked before he was. Walsh was happy to book sterling for his first heavy challenge though.

4. 2nd balls on the pitch. There was a couple of times Rangers had a quick throw in and a 2nd ball was thrown onto the pitch. Accidental I’m sure.. funny it never happened when celtic were in possession. 

We shouldn’t let this go and I’m glad the club are asking questions. 

I 💯 agree but we’ve got a game on Tuesday that’s what the focus has to be on.

Dont want all the focus on this game when we’re right in it. 

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

2 second yellows that would have seen them down to 9 men is what sticks in my throat today, other than that we fucking blew it ourselves because our forwards are nowhere near good enough. 

All before Balogun was sent off

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

1. Where are the several replays of Celtics first goal corner kick? At the time seeing it only once it looked like it went out of play. We will never know if they don’t show it again.  

Nothing conclusive from a still image but it may well be out.

Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

I 💯 agree but we’ve got a game on Tuesday that’s what the focus has to be on.

Dont want all the focus on this game when we’re right in it. 

I don’t want to sound argumentative as I actually like your attitude to a point but we can not let the officials off the hook with that penalty incident yesterday. As I’ve said if the officials have a clear conscious they will have no issue releasing the audio. 

Officiating today was awful and club should be asking questions. I'd quite like to hear the audio about the penalty being discussed. It was also unreal they finished with 11 after several fouls from players already booked. 

Officiating is one part of the issue. The other is how toothless we were in attack. We don't have anyone near clinical enough and it needs addressing in January.

37 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I know it’s difficult and everyone is hurting but there is genuinely no point in dwelling on it.

Forget statements too.

We’ve already got the first trophy still in Europe and very much in a title race.

Whether we like it or not we’ve lost to them twice yet are still realistically only 2 points behind with a depleted squad and being in a horrendous position in October.

They’ve reacted like like was a win to put them 10 points clear when that’s far from it.

Still got a lot of faith in the manager and it’s in our own hands.

Today was disappointing but nothing was lost today 

Nothing was lost today that's perfectly true but a worrying pattern shows no sign of ending.

Since we were put down the leagues off the top of my head I can think of only two meaningful games we have won against the filth. Both SC semi finals the first one which was ultimately meaningless because we choked the final against Hibs. That's a dreadful record. Whereas on the counter side I can think of umpteen meaningful games against them that we have bottled for one reason or another. Unless this changes we won't be winning titles. Yes they have dropped more points this season than probably any of us thought they would but that won't continue. We have to start beating them, regularly,in meaningful matches or league wise at least nothing will change. And that starts with the next fixture against them at Ibrox with hopefully the duds dropped or gone and others brought in. 

5 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

2 second yellows that would have seen them down to 9 men is what sticks in my throat today, other than that we fucking blew it ourselves because our forwards are nowhere near good enough. 

Agree

Forward line is a massive issue - No way back for Dessers after today, Roofe is made of glass, Danilo isn’t the answer but looks ok when compared to Dessers and Lammers is so bad he couldn’t even make it on when Dessers is failing so badly 

A competent striker makes the non award of the penalty irrelevant 

Unfortunately now we await the truth coming out with VAR auduo

Could easy make a case for both being 2nd yellows once again overlooked by Walsh…. Conveniently

Couldnt get the red out quickly enough for Balogun though

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nothing conclusive from a still image but it may well be out.

Well like I say there is no several replays to show one way or the other. There is cameras on the by line and it’s telling they have not shown this corner over and over again. Even if it’s not out it’s close and replays would maybe shed some light on it. 

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Well like I say there is no several replays to show one way or the other. There is cameras on the by line and it’s telling they have not shown this corner over and over again. Even if it’s not out it’s close and replays would maybe shed some light on it. 

Let’s be honest - Sima fucked the header at the front post, had to put it back the way it came as it was it scuffed off his head straight through the middle of our box

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Yup.

Loads of incidents not cleared up by showing replays and different angles. Almost like it's been deliberate...

Shows how much standards have fallen if we've not to "dwell" on yet another OF defeat. 

I'm just grateful Killie and Hearts did us a favour in recent weeks or the title race would have been well and truly over.

We couldnt beat the scum at Ibrox when they supposedly had an injury crisis earlier in the season. We couldn't take anything from them today when they were a fag paper away from a barrier type meltdown. Our recent OF record away is beyond pish and we should be demanding better not shrugging our shoulders and saying "awk well, there's always the next time"

18 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

2. The handball/offside. The audio has to be released if the officials have nothing to hide. 

3. celtic player fouls. How many free hits can booked celtic players get before they are given a 2nd booking? Bernardo, o’reilly and Johnston spring to mind. And mcgregor should have, as per usual in old firms, been booked before he was. Walsh was happy to book sterling for his first heavy challenge though.

4. 2nd balls on the pitch. There was a couple of times Rangers had a quick throw in and a 2nd ball was thrown onto the pitch. Accidental I’m sure.. funny it never happened when celtic were in possession. 

We shouldn’t let this go and I’m glad the club are asking questions. 

I know its petty but the ball persons suddenly became the slowest ever when Rangers wanted to take a quick throw in.