Your unsung & cult heroes of Rangers

28 minutes ago, BoabyRussell1690 said:

I can't remember much about Stuart Munro... he was still in the team when Souness arrived eh?

Munro played for us during Souness for much longer than many remember. Graeme tried to replace him several times but kept going back to him

When I was young I took a liking to and Cammy Fraser then Jan Bartram. Not really sure why but I guess both were pretty aggressive types. Bartram had a blistering shot too and was a powerful runner up and down the wing and in the tackle.

Just now, Inigo said:

When I was young I took a liking to and Cammy Fraser then Jan Bartram. Not really sure why but I guess both were pretty aggressive types. Bartram had a blistering shot too and was a powerful runner up and down the wing and in the tackle.

Astounded you never said Dessers.

Big Marv epitomises the more modern day cult player for me. 

A massive character, turned up in the big games, signed on a free transfer i think. I had very low expectations of him, but the man had the heart of a lion and he got the Rangers bug big time.

1 hour ago, BoabyRussell1690 said:

Hello Folks!

I’d love to hear your suggestions for ‘Gers unsung & cult heroes…  

I don’t mean the obvious legends, I mean the more obscure players!

Maybe they were not brilliant very often… maybe they were geniuses (when they could be ar*ed, but it wasn’t that often!) …. maybe they just liked to put the boot in!   But something about them resonated with you…

My 2 nominees are: 

Ted McMinn.  He was at Rangers when I was just starting to get interested in football. I can’t remember that much about seeing him live (although I did) and obviously he got the bullet before the Souness revolution kicked in… but something about him, I just loved.

Terry Hurlock.  Maybe 'cause I just invested in this beauty, or maybe I’m just feeling a bit nostalgic (getting auld!) - but I loved this guy.

Can’t wait to see your suggestions!

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 18.50.59.png

Ted was at derby the first year i started going to matches with my dad and he was buzzing as a bear that derby had signed someone from Rangers. Watching him tear defenders apart at the baseball ground every week was mint even on that pitch..