*****The Official Rangers v Ayr United Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Refereeing standards here are appalling. Should have been two penalties for us, the Cortes one especially. It's so clear it's ridiculous. 

The coverage from Viaplay was equally appalling. Unless I missed it while nipping to the loo I don't thing they mentioned either incident at either half time or full time. Same with a few other incidents I would like to have seen again. 

3 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

That smile from Silva as he walks off. He gets it, clearly loving his time here. Hopefully extended for another season 

Certainly looks happy but he’s not an out and out striker. Shankland or even Miovski in that side and we would have a great chance

As it stands we lack badly up front 

1 minute ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Uhuh...are they poor though? 

I know you think so, I still find it hard to believe it. 

It's not going to be cheating against Ayr United, though. If you were inclined to cheat as a ref v us, the one time you'd try to cover your work would be where we were a stick-on to win regardless.

Unconscious biases I can believe, but it's impossible to say.

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

League reconstruction really needs looked at just from our recent cup games teams like Ayr and Partick would offer far more to our league than the likes of Livingston and a few others 

That's what promotion and relegation is for.

One-off cup games doesn't overrule the other 50 games a season. Ayr can't beat the likes of Greenock Morton and Arbroath, what good would they do in our league?

Felt there were very few pass marks tonight and we made what should have been an easy fixture more difficult than it had to be. And now we have the Ayr manager on TV winging about Silva not receiving a second yellow and how good his team were at restricting us to very few clear cut chances. 

Just now, steven33jackie said:

Felt there were very few pass marks tonight and we made what should have been an easy fixture more difficult than it had to be. And now we have the Ayr manager on TV winging about Silva not receiving a second yellow and how good his team were at restricting us to very few clear cut chances. 

I only saw the second 45 minutes but on the face of that we could have played another 90 minutes and they never would have troubled Butland.

3 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Silvas first booking was laughable - he could have seen yellow for the second challenge 

Willie Collum - fucking joke figure 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

It's not going to be cheating against Ayr United, though. If you were inclined to cheat as a ref v us, the one time you'd try to cover your work would be where we were a stick-on to win regardless.

Unconscious biases I can believe, but it's impossible to say.

Maybe not cheating, but definite bias. I wouldn't even call it unconscious. He's aware.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Cortes yes, Diomande no.

All depends on who is available. Lawrence didn't make the bench tonight so not sure how fit he is after tweaking something with his shot that led to the goal the other night. It may be that Lundstram, Diomande and Cantwell are our best options against Ross County. I would rule out Raskin and while I'm a fan of Jack I don't think we need both him and Lundstram at home against Ross County.