*****The Official Rangers v Ayr United Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is it not? He’s got two assists in his last 4 games, and he’s the one that got us the first today.

Not for me. Thought the first was a pretty tame shot that most keepers save 99 times out 100.

Just think when he first started, teams hadn’t seen him before and he was somewhat effective.

Now every time he gets the ball he cuts back inside. But the dangerous balls for strikers are the ones cut back from the byeline. Either by him or putting Tav in behind.

Not sure the stats show differently either. He averages a G+A every 4 games. Kent was slated when he averaged a g+a every 2 games.

Sima is 1 in 2 with 15 goals. 

Don’t want this to come across like I don’t rate the kid. Think he’s a terrific prospect. But at the moment I think it’s an area where we are a bit weak in

Butland

Tav  Goldson  Souttar Barisc

Jack

Cantwell  Diomande Lawrence Cortés

Silva

Wholesale changes at 60 min. Maybe put Raskin in for Lawrence from the start.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Not for me. Thought the first was a pretty tame shot that most keepers save 99 times out 100.

Just think when he first started, teams hadn’t seen him before and he was somewhat effective.

Now every time he gets the ball he cuts back inside. But the dangerous balls for strikers are the ones cut back from the byeline. Either by him or putting Tav in behind.

Not sure the stats show differently either. He averages a G+A every 4 games. Kent was slated when he averaged a g+a every 2 games.

Sima is 1 in 2 with 15 goals. 

Don’t want this to come across like I don’t rate the kid. Think he’s a terrific prospect. But at the moment I think it’s an area where we are a bit weak in

He’s not the greatest but to say it’s not working is just shite. 

Kent again :lol:, Kent got slated after seasons of average performances, and not 4 months into his first season as a professional player. 

We should’ve upgraded, but he’s our best option there, and it’s not even a question.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s not the greatest but to say it’s not working is just shite. 

Kent again :lol:, Kent got slated after seasons of average performances, and not 4 months into his first season as a professional player. 

We should’ve upgraded, but he’s our best option there, and it’s not even a question.

It is a question. The question is do you keep Matondo on the left who was far more threatening than McCausland. And try Cortes on the right.

As for McCausland, I think he has improved his defensive game massively. That slide tackle in the second half doesn't happen 3 months ago. But his final ball is letting him down. Some of his passes are sublime but often they are careless. A bit like Tav that way. A little bench time won't hurt him. He will only improve his passing with time.

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

It is a question. The question is do you keep Matondo on the left who was far more threatening than McCausland. And try Cortes on the right.

It’s only a question if Clement sees Cortes as a right winger, and it doesn’t look like it.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

As for McCausland, I think he has improved his defensive game massively. That slide tackle in the second half doesn't happen 3 months ago. But his final ball is letting him down. Some of his passes are sublime but often they are careless. A bit like Tav that way. A little bench time won't hurt him. He will only improve his passing with time.

Thought he was really poor last night. Too careless and poor decision making. Does need a spell on the bench