*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

4 minutes ago, TBagalag said:

It pissed down in Dundee overnight mate and is still on now. If the forecast is correct, that won’t change for the next couple of days. I’ve not heard anything about the pitch at Dens as yet, but I think it’ll be a struggle for them to have that pitch playable for tomorrow.

Thanks for that update mate, we will all be looking out for your next ones tonight and tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It will go ahead regardless. 

I don't know what it's like in Dundee, but it's been chucking it down in North Lanarkshire since yesterday. If it's like that there, and continues into tomorrow there's no way that pitch will be ok to play on. 

And if they do play the game in those conditions, it makes a mockery of the first call off and calls into question the ethical fortitude of the SPFL. 

38 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Was only a few days ago you claimed neither game would go ahead?

The game on Saturday shouldn't have went ahead. The fact it did means this game will also go ahead now. Dens pitch is a mess and will be much worse tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, TBagalag said:

Still not heard any updates on the pitch but the rain has not let up all morning. 

Dundee numpty Nelms giving the same patter this morning about how they've done all they can to have the pitch ready. They've not covered the entire pitch, looks like the tarriers have got their training pitch covers back. He said it could be played next week if it gets postponed again....

3 hours ago, TBagalag said:

It pissed down in Dundee overnight mate and is still on now. If the forecast is correct, that won’t change for the next couple of days. I’ve not heard anything about the pitch at Dens as yet, but I think it’ll be a struggle for them to have that pitch playable for tomorrow.

Are they  going  to wait  until our supporters have left  to attend this game 😒

Tinpottery at its finest with clubs like this in the top division. I had a degree of sympathy with them before but if the pitch is unplayable again we should just be given the points. Worth it just to see the reaction from celtic, and would probably warrant another strongly worded letter to the SFA. 

We all know it won’t be in playable condition, but it’ll either be:

- played anyway in a horrendous nick

- postponed to an utterly inconvenient time for us

What should happen is it be moved else where, and get fans in. If they’d done it early enough rather than waiting until the last minute praying for a miracle then it could have been managed.