*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's no rules to state we should get awarded points if another team doesn't provide a suitable pitch so let's move on from this pish.

Play when we need to play, a date at the neutral authorities decision 😂, and just get the 3 fucking points.

We can turn this shit show into a positive if we really want to...

Yup. There are rules about keeping a pitch in a playable condition which will probably see Dundee get a sizeable fine. Nothing else will happen.

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Not looking for us to be awarded the three points but a points penalty for Dundee would probably kill off their chances of Top Six.

That would really piss them off.

Good

46 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Not looking for us to be awarded the three points but a points penalty for Dundee would probably kill off their chances of Top Six.

Would also pretty much guarantee Hibs for the sixth spot as Motherwell are 6 behind with 3 games to go.

8 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Not interested in the points myself. 

Agree but they should be facing serious sanctions at this point. 4 games cancelled is ridiculous. 

I was at my Mrs house in Newport, can literally see both Dundee stadiums across the water from her window.

Unless the weather was radically different 4km away, then it was wet on Saturday and into Sunday, but it was hardly out of the ordinary.

Looking at the local MET office data, 8mm of rain fell, again.... it's a wet night but nothing out of the ordinary.

Weather happens, there will be occasional weather postponements with rain - no matter how good the ground staff are, or how good the pitch is. If it rains hard enough, the game will be off.

But.... I do think it's disappointing a top flight professional team are getting games called off for waterlogged pitches after what was a normal wet weather day. Whilst walking the dog at 8.30am on Sunday, I can't say that I was thinking "the game today might be in danger". 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

I was at my Mrs house in Newport, can literally see both Dundee stadiums across the water from her window.

Unless the weather was radically different 4km away, then it was wet on Saturday and into Sunday, but it was hardly out of the ordinary.

Looking at the local MET office data, 8mm of rain fell, again.... it's a wet night but nothing out of the ordinary.

Weather happens, there will be occasional weather postponements with rain - no matter how good the ground staff are, or how good the pitch is. If it rains hard enough, the game will be off.

But.... I do think it's disappointing a top flight professional team are getting games called off for waterlogged pitches after what was a normal wet weather day. Whilst walking the dog at 8.30am on Sunday, I can't say that I was thinking "the game today might be in danger". 

All the amateur games in the area went ahead. Shambles 

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

IMG_5542.thumb.jpeg.754ad642f07b823851c720f56aace8c9.jpeg

18 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

All the amateur games in the area went ahead. Shambles 

I don't know if it's true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Unless there was a deluge between midnight and 8am - and her bedroom being in a dormer, I never heard anything -  it really wasn't that wet.

Ended up walking up Normans Law on Sunday (local hill) and we weren't exactly jumping over puddles and caked in mud in doing so.

I think it's completely fair to question why Dundee's pitch was so bad after a day that wasn't out the ordinary, and had mostly stopped raining for 12hrs before kickoff.

22 minutes ago, Badger said:

I don't know if it's true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Unless there was a deluge between midnight and 8am - and her bedroom being in a dormer, I never heard anything -  it really wasn't that wet.

Ended up walking up Normans Law on Sunday (local hill) and we weren't exactly jumping over puddles and caked in mud in doing so.

Very much true. Claypotts and Dawson Parks had games on Sunday morning that went ahead no problem. Dundee sacked their groundsmen and hired part time gardeners from the college they now call home that are clueless about football pitches. They sacked the groundsmen after they kicked up about the club failing to invest in the upkeep of the pitch, particularly the drainage. The pitch condition is fully on the club that don't care.

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

They knew the shit storm that was coming if they put it the week before

Tbf if it was before or after one set of fan was always going to kick off :lol:

58 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The beggars will be livid

You love to see it :popcorn: