*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

15 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Scott Wright can’t ever feature again. 

Managers seem to be hypnotised by him 

gio plays him in a euro final

beale played him a lot 

clement plays him in big games like yesterday out of the blue

what do they see in this mediocre guy ?

Heavy rain forecast for Dundee Tuesday and Wednesday. Even with covers on there will be serious doubts about the pitch, and as the covers will obviously have to come off a couple of hours before kick off, even that short time exposed to rain will turn that surface into a swamp. If the League try and screw us by forcing us to play on an unsafe surface or switch to a closed door plastic pitch ground then hopefully the Club has the balls to tell them to do one.

44 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Heavy rain forecast for Dundee Tuesday and Wednesday. Even with covers on there will be serious doubts about the pitch, and as the covers will obviously have to come off a couple of hours before kick off, even that short time exposed to rain will turn that surface into a swamp. If the League try and screw us by forcing us to play on an unsafe surface or switch to a closed door plastic pitch ground then hopefully the Club has the balls to tell them to do one.

It's not about balls. The rules give them the right to tell us when and where its being played, and if a ref says a pitch is playable then we've got little recourse same as Motherwell. At short notice due to Policing etc they can very easily make it behind closed doors if it's not at Dens Park.

Would the authorities hammer us and award Dundee the points if we told them to do one? You better believe they would.

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

I think we have to win at celtic too. We have to believe we can, too many wrote that game off before yesterday. 

We could get away with a draw but it leaves it very very close and every game dangerous

I think yesterday should be seen as a massive boost, came from 2 goals down and a goal down going into injury time with a side still missing 2 or 3 players against essentially a full power celtic side. 

We absolutely do have the quality to beat them, but I think there's a mental block for a lot of the players at the moment thats the real issue

9 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Where is this behind closed doors thing coming from? Surely still have next midweek to play the 

The super computer fixture generator goes on holiday for a tour of Japan after this weekend so the split teams need confirmed by then.

Playing the game next midweek would probably favour us if the pitch was to be worked on, can't be having any of that bias.

6 hours ago, Ivybank said:

beale played him a lot 

Fucking awful player. 

Scott Wright's stats vs celtic - Goals 0, Assists 0, Key passes 0, Successful dribbles 0, Possession, lost 4

40 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Fucking awful player. 

Scott Wright's stats vs celtic - Goals 0, Assists 0, Key passes 0, Successful dribbles 0, Possession, lost 4

I get an inner rage when Wright and Barisic are on the team sheet. 
 can’t help it, I do

7 hours ago, Ivybank said:

beale played him a lot 

I can only think PC included him in the team V them ... was the fact he is Scottish and would have the psyche specifically needed for this fixture .... but it wasn't to be as he let us himself the Manager and the team down with a dismal first half lack of what is needed in this highly charged fixture .... 100% effort and confidence.

Although he was not alone yesterday in the first half of the game .... his replacement ... Sima ...proved the point I just made.

I hate to criticise any of our players .... especially Scottish ones in this day and age .... as there are so few with the talent we need playing at this level coming up through the ranks ... but now ... like yourself mate ... I also find myself unable to defend SW.

🇬🇧

5 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

If it rains get the game played behind closed doors or in another venue. This game is fucking massive

Weather warning for tonight from 1am until 6 tomorrow night. Pitch will be a riot. 

1 hour ago, Finny said:

Weather warning for tonight from 1am until 6 tomorrow night. Pitch will be a riot. 

Sky are still scheduled to cover it.

You have the pished stained sheets the filth lent them to cover it.I wonder how much they are charging for that?

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram Sterling

Sima Cantwell Matondo

Dessers

That should do the job, I'd go with that for rest of season(yilmaz when ready) other than parkhead. No changing about anymore.

1 minute ago, ramases said:

Sky are still scheduled to cover it.

You have the pished stained sheets the filth lent them to cover it.I wonder how much they are charging for that?

:thumbup:

If the bastards at SKY paid more money into the pot for their T.V. coverage of the Scottish game .... perhaps this pantomime could have been avoided mate.

Shit-show of the year award on the way to SKY now .... 😛

🇬🇧

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram Sterling

Sima Cantwell Matondo

Dessers

Other than Yilmaz in when fit, this is what the team should be every game for the rest of the season. I am concerned about Sima and Matondo playing on this bog after just coming back from long term injury though.