*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

I suspect there is going to be some amount of pressure on Don Robertson to make sure this goes ahead.

A postponement would cause too much of a headache for the SPFL in terms of the split, and also quite a lot of embarrassment for them in terms of why there is a team in the top flight with such a poor pitch, add in the fact that Motherwell were forced to play on it at the weekend.

1 hour ago, rossco87 said:

I suspect there is going to be some amount of pressure on Don Robertson to make sure this goes ahead.

A postponement would cause too much of a headache for the SPFL in terms of the split, and also quite a lot of embarrassment for them in terms of why there is a team in the top flight with such a poor pitch, add in the fact that Motherwell were forced to play on it at the weekend.

Thing is, Dundee are looking likely for a top 6 finish so more of this to come potentially 

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

The game got postponed last time with 8mm of rain the day before.

There is 3x that forecast for tomorrow.

Could be wrong but i thought i heard it mentioned on the radio Dundee have borrowed a cover for the field from celtic.

Maybe that's their repayment of the changed covid vote.

1 hour ago, rossco87 said:

Another Ref who tries not to give us any decisions if he can help it, so probably play the game whatever the condition of the pitch is.

Certainly a lot of rain in Dundee over Tuesday and Wednesday if the forecast is anything like correct. We need to hope these covers help, but rain is supposed to start before lunch time on Wed after a lot during tomorrow.

Dundee weather Wed a.png

11 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

We could get away with a draw but it leaves it very very close and every game dangerous

I think yesterday should be seen as a massive boost, came from 2 goals down and a goal down going into injury time with a side still missing 2 or 3 players against essentially a full power celtic side. 

We absolutely do have the quality to beat them, but I think there's a mental block for a lot of the players at the moment thats the real issue

Aside from everything else can you make the match threads till the end of the season😀👍 

The pitch will be awful but I hope to fuck we are ready for it and come out the traps for a change because that mob will be up for it knowing a win guarantees a top 6 place. We know what’s at stake so no complacency or fuckin about. Just win and go back to the top again. 

14 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Heavy rain forecast for Dundee Tuesday and Wednesday. Even with covers on there will be serious doubts about the pitch, and as the covers will obviously have to come off a couple of hours before kick off, even that short time exposed to rain will turn that surface into a swamp. If the League try and screw us by forcing us to play on an unsafe surface or switch to a closed door plastic pitch ground then hopefully the Club has the balls to tell them to do one.

What’s the closed doors plastic pitch talk? 

8 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

What’s the closed doors plastic pitch talk? 

It was put up as a possibility by the League to move the Dundee v Motherwell game to an all weather neutral venue to be played behind closed doors as the match had to be played. We are in a similar position, if as is likely Dens is unfit after another two days of heavy rain forecast for today and tomorrow, then the League has this option. The game has to be played, either at a potentially unsafe Dens, or moved, for example to Falkirk with its plastic pitch with no supporters in attendance.

Any Tayside bears on PitchWatch with updates on likelihood of this game going ahead?

Pishing down here and the forecast for Dundee is much the same. Pitch was shocking against Motherwell and it won’t be improving in a monsoon.

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Any Tayside bears on PitchWatch with updates on likelihood of this game going ahead?

Pishing down here and the forecast for Dundee is much the same. Pitch was shocking against Motherwell and it won’t be improving in a monsoon.

Docherty has said he’s been assured the game will be on