Leagues over maybe a cup

16 minutes ago, Amato said:

Win 1-0 tomorrow and 1-0 next week and we are equal on points, with them having a 2 goal advantage in goal difference with 2 games to play. 

If we get ourselves into that position (highly unlikely I admit) then it's still all to play for.

In that scenario we're 5 behind on GD mate.

18 minutes ago, Davie Watts said:

Turn up and go tonto at the first miss placed pass. Spread negativity and fear amongst a squad and make safe, shit, risk averse passes more likely?

If we are going to take the credit for driving the team on to superhuman efforts against Leipzig etc then you need to accept that howling in rage the first inkling that things aren't going you way, also impacts on the team.

The team don't win or lose because if the fans, but it influences it. And it doesn't help. Too many serial losers in the stands as well as the park.

If yous make it through the play offs who are you supporting when Airdrie come to Ibrox next season?

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Absolutely.  I’ve posted this before and make no apologies for doing it again, but our support are unbelievable 

IMG_4375.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

That picture of the Berwick game reminds me of Red Lion.

Not over yet but pretty unlikely. Think we can win there but not confident they’ll drop points otherwise.

Writing been on the wall for a while though so not surprised.

Sickening thing is just the timing. They were there for the taking this year. Beale fucked us.

We’re massively behind the 8 ball with finances next year. 

Leagues gone.

Genuinely embarrassing that with the chance of going top of the table all you had to do was beat Ross County and Dundee and we blew it. All we could muster in those 2 games was a penalty and an og.

Let down once again. A really horrible feeling how we threw it away. 
Used to it now though sadly same old shite.

Buzzing for the 3rd consecutive major summer rebuild that’s needed.

The Motherwell game fucked us big time - we've never really recovered from that confidence wise . 

The sad thing is , on our day I think we can beat anyone in the league and it really wouldn't surprise me if we do just that at p......d . I just don't see them dropping points anywhere else .

It's the cup final that's left for us now . 

6 minutes ago, gmcf said:

The Motherwell game fucked us big time - we've never really recovered from that confidence wise . 

The sad thing is , on our day I think we can beat anyone in the league and it really wouldn't surprise me if we do just that at p......d . I just don't see them dropping points anywhere else .

Thing is, if we win the double I wil still be totally scunnered. That would be a first for me

The big prize would have slipped between our fingers.

Anyhow, we will see ...

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Thing is, if we win the double I wil still be totally scunnered. That would be a first for me

Anyhow, we will see ...

Think most fans would share that feeling. The league was everything this year. The money would have set up plenty of cup success for years to come. If there’s any regrets Clement has, it’s maybe that he didn’t prioritise it 100%.

8 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Think most fans would share that feeling. The league was everything this year. The money would have set up plenty of cup success for years to come. If there’s any regrets Clement has, it’s maybe that he didn’t prioritise it 100%.

I think Phil has done very well.

He inherited a squad in dissaray. We were managed by a youth coach before! Actually can't bring myself to type his name!

Phil has essentially had to start from scratch mid season with a squad of players who don't have the drive,enthusiasm and self belief to beat the filth.

14 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Anyhow, we will see ...

If we win the cup , im sure we'll enjoy the moment . 

A while later , when we reflect back , will be the time we'll regret what we threw away .

And we did throw it away . 

1 hour ago, Amato said:

Win 1-0 tomorrow and 1-0 next week and we are equal on points, with them having a 2 goal advantage in goal difference with 2 games to play. 

If we get ourselves into that position (highly unlikely I admit) then it's still all to play for.

Maths ain't strong with this one.

Just now, gmcf said:

If we win the cup , im sure we'll enjoy the moment . 

A while later , when we reflect back , will be the time we'll regret what we threw away .

And we did throw it away . 

Very true.

A double is a great achievement.

A treble is history making though. Memories that stay with you forever.

Our younger supporters have never had one which really annoys me.

They have more than earned it.

46 minutes ago, gmcf said:

The Motherwell game still pisses me off. Their striker absolutely bullied Souttar that day and had him on strings from the first minute and we had Balogun (Probably our most physical defender and loves that part of the game) on the fucking bench. Souttar was awful for the whole 90 and made errors in both of the Motherwell goals.

Keeping Souttar on made absolutely no sense and it fucked us in the end and our form has been shite since.

5 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

The Motherwell game still pisses me off. Their striker absolutely bullied Souttar that day and had him on strings from the first minute and we had Balogun (Probably our most physical defender and loves that part of the game) on the fucking bench.

Keeping Souttar on made absolutely no sense and it fucked us in the end and our form has been shite since.

You're not wrong , however , I thought it was a lot more than that . 

The whole team just never really got going , we just lacked a desire which is needed when you're in a title race . Even once we equalised I was expecting a big push forward which just never materialised . 

Imo , it was quite a significant moment in the title race , and one I don't think we ever recovered from . 

When we play at a quick tempo everything improves especially passing and we can beat every team in our league. The problem is when we face  te Ross Counties etc in the bottom half our tempo is less than walking pace , our passing is off and we continually play into poorer teams hands. We allow them to pack their defence and push everyone forward with our usual ploy of getting the ball wide for hopeless crosses to the packed defence,

When this doesn’t work desperation sets in and we continue to do the same thing only worse and all discipline goes and we lose stupid goals.  The amount of points we lose to bottom 3 teams has been embarrassing for years and smacks of arrogance rather than pressure.

Even going ahead our efforts to control the game is amateurish; rather than keep possession in the opposition half we tend to pass the ball along our own box culminating in the pass back to the goalie to kick it long giving away possession. I had hoped with a more clued up manager this would have been drilled out of the players.

6 hours ago, docspiderman said:

When we play at a quick tempo everything improves especially passing and we can beat every team in our league. The problem is when we face  te Ross Counties etc in the bottom half our tempo is less than walking pace , our passing is off and we continually play into poorer teams hands. We allow them to pack their defence and push everyone forward with our usual ploy of getting the ball wide for hopeless crosses to the packed defence,

When this doesn’t work desperation sets in and we continue to do the same thing only worse and all discipline goes and we lose stupid goals.  The amount of points we lose to bottom 3 teams has been embarrassing for years and smacks of arrogance rather than pressure.

Even going ahead our efforts to control the game is amateurish; rather than keep possession in the opposition half we tend to pass the ball along our own box culminating in the pass back to the goalie to kick it long giving away possession. I had hoped with a more clued up manager this would have been drilled out of the players.

Don’t think it’s arrogance. More to do with the fact we are not very good

Our defence has mistakes in it game after game, our midfield is static, has no creativity and very little goal threat and the less said about the shite up front the better. 

Fact is if teams fancy having a go at us they’ll get joy - Ross County could have taken 4 or 5 off us. Kilmarnock will come to Ibrox today with zero fear 

We won’t move forward until the bulk of this side is moved on and even then we have to hope that we get signings right for once

We have had some amount of shite in our squad over the last few years 

9 hours ago, gmcf said:

That Motherwell game started a really horrible pattern that day that unfortunately we’ve now seen in pretty much every game since then. And that was basically starting slow, letting teams get on top of us and not really recovering. Motherwell should’ve beaten us by more that day and cut us open with ease that day as we practically had no midfield. Not to mention Goldson getting absolutely rag dolled all over Govan.

11 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

In that scenario we're 5 behind on GD mate.

Ah ffs, league table on the BBC website was wrong last night when I posted that.

Either that or I was pished.

Guess we need to start with a very convincing win today then :ang:

17 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That Motherwell game started a really horrible pattern that day that unfortunately we’ve now seen in pretty much every game since then. And that was basically starting slow, letting teams get on top of us and not really recovering. Motherwell should’ve beaten us by more that day and cut us open with ease that day as we practically had no midfield. Not to mention Goldson getting absolutely rag dolled all over Govan.

There’s a bit of it you’re missing though mate and we are all guilty of it looking back, we had umpteen chances that day, as well as the fact that Motherwell shouldn’t have had 11 players on the park after about 20 mins when the tackle went in on mcasuland, the Motherwell game I didn’t leave feeling anywhere near as deflated as both Ross county and Dundee which were an absolute fucking disgrace 

Need to win by 4 today and by 2 next week to wipe out the GD. Not impossible but with the state and mentality of this squad we’re fucking hamstrung. Sickening but I’ve still got hope, call me deluded, naïve, mongo tits whatever. let’s see where we are end of play today 

Getting to the dance was due to the unsustainable run of results Clement managed to drag out of this team up until Motherwell. We were winning 90%+ of our domestic games which generally is hard to keep up.

Add in injuries and then having to rush players back, like Sima, and it all just dominoes from there. That's before we get to the mentality of the squad. The damage was done under Beale but it's still frustrating to get to the brink and get so close just to chuck it in one month.

Only way we have a chance of winning the league or the cup is keeping clean sheets which is becoming harder and harder with more injuries. Just have to keep things tight as we'll always score and hope celtic slip up somewhere. I wont hold my breath but it's the only way I can see us winning either trophy.

34 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

There’s a bit of it you’re missing though mate and we are all guilty of it looking back, we had umpteen chances that day, as well as the fact that Motherwell shouldn’t have had 11 players on the park after about 20 mins when the tackle went in on mcasuland, the Motherwell game I didn’t leave feeling anywhere near as deflated as both Ross county and Dundee which were an absolute fucking disgrace 

Games like Motherwell happen nearly every season.

Ross County and Dundee performances were not acceptable.

42 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Need to win by 4 today and by 2 next week to wipe out the GD. Not impossible but with the state and mentality of this squad we’re fucking hamstrung. Sickening but I’ve still got hope, call me deluded, naïve, mongo tits whatever. let’s see where we are end of play today 

And then still need them to drop points somewhere because I have absolutely no confidence that the Paisley taigs will even try against them on the last day. If we by some incredible miracle overturned the GD, it will all be undone on the last day as the saints heroically battle to an 8-0 defeat. 

51 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

100%.

We got lucky because that lot got beat the following day, softened the blow and didn't feel like we'd fucked it totally.

RC and Dundee we knew we were throwing it away as has proven to be the case.