John Lundstram

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Ricksen

Senderos

Barton

Lunny.

4 of worst performances i can remember.

Aye I'd agree with that. Ricksen was at least early on and went on to improve and become fucking brilliant.

Senderos and Barton - wtf were we even doing signing them, less said the better.

Lundstram, he's been here long enough now, and shown enough ability, that this level of performance is totally unacceptable.

For me, it's the worst out of the lot.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Aye I'd agree with that. Ricksen was at least early on and went on to improve and become fucking brilliant.

Senderos and Barton - wtf were we even doing signing then less said the better.

Lundstram, he's been here long enough now, and shown enough ability, that this level of performance is totally unacceptable.

Ricksen was a good midfielder.

Shocking as a full back.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Senderos and Barton - wtf were we even doing signing then less said the better.

Had a horror show then got himself sent off. He has previous for it.

A complete Thunder-cunt and shouldn’t wear our strip again.

35 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

John Lundstram is a decent player - we all know that because he has shown it time and time again. Exact same went for Ryan Kent - who won us game after game and was the most technically gifted player we had seen in years.

The problem - is the huge lack of consistency in them and many others. I coached athletes. Athletes cannot be at the peak of their performance every single week, or even worse - twice a week from July until May. It's physically impossible. In almost every other physical sport, top class athletes will train in cycles or blocks designed to have them peak for major events - usually championships. Football is different in that we are expecting top performances up to 60 times per year.

If the physical ability is lacking for whatever reason then the next two priorities are ability and attitude. By the time a senior player comes to Rangers, we expect their ability to be proven beyond doubt - or else they shouldn't be here at all.

That leaves attitude. A lot of that is down to the individual themselves, but much of it is expected to be boosted by correct management and coaching. We often speak about a player showing a lack of effort. Effort comes from attitude. We've had manager after manager who seem to have failed (with their own coaching and backroom teams) to get the best out of our squads. Kent and Lundstram - good players but inconsistent. Rabbi Matondo - goal of the season one week, but running about like a headless chicken in the games either side of those.

What's the answer? I honestly don't know. Why was Clough a successful manager when he never took coaching sessions? What ability did guys like him and many others have that made their players want to run through a brick wall and back again for them?

The only solution I can think of is a huge (I nearly said mass :-) ) clearout and build a new team almost from scratch. Look back on many other threads here and you'll see debate about almost every player in our squad. I'd let Lundstram go happily and thank him for his service, along with plenty others.

I'd keep Butland, Sterling, Yilmaz, Cantwell, Sima and Matondo. Maybe McCausland as he's only 21 and I think he can make it. The rest I would happily send on their way.

Brilliant post. It’s amazing how much the bit in bold is looked over on here. Or conflated with mentality. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Who was he pointing to at the OG? From the angle it can’t be Tav. 

I think it’s Hatate, there was a view side on of the goal and he’s clapping, maybe it’s why the red mist descended or maybe he was disappointed at how badly he was playing 🤷‍♂️

He made a cunt of himself with that tackle which killed any momentum for the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Bar the 6 month spell for the Europa run I've honestly never been impressed with him. He constantly makes mistakes, looks like he's running through treacle and has let us down on numerous occasions in big games. European Red card that fucked us and yesterday in a title clincher for them. 

I think he's dug meat.

Poster talks a lot of nonsense. Kent point was hilarious.

LOL at him keeping Matondo as well.

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Poster talks a lot of nonsense. Kent point was hilarious.

LOL at him keeping Matondo as well.

Still trying to work out the games Kent won game after game. 

As for Matondo, I honestly don't think he'd get into a Hearts starting 11 never mind ours. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Bar the 6 month spell for the Europa run I've honestly never been impressed with him. He constantly makes mistakes, looks like he's running through treacle and has let us down on numerous occasions in big games. European Red card that fucked us and yesterday in a title clincher for them. 

I think he's dug meat.

This is a bit of myth as well. Yes he was good in those Europa games. But from Dortmund to the final was 3 months. And we were fucking rotten domestically in that period. 

He was good for a 2/3 month spell when clement came in but that’s what he has been like since he came in. 

the type of player we needed when Gerrard first came in, not the player we need now.  Let him go and spend the wages on someone who will actually contribute for a full season.