*****Official Rangers vs Dundee Match Thread*****

7 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

There is an argument between the pundits and fans that if you replace Tav you lose the goals. Correct we would lose somebody that would score our penalties and the odd set piece but that should never be a defenders job. I would sacrifice Tav for a good solid RB who is a proper defender and had a bit about him (RIP Ricksen). 

We need a solid back 4 to win titles. That’s why if we keep tav he should be moved into midfield like Ricksen was. 

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Tav playing as a winger? He can't defend or even backtrack a man so who ever is in RB would be in for a graveyard shift. 

I think Tav needs the captaincy stripped and moved on. I couldn't even name you a captain in that squad though that would deserve it for next year that's quite scary

Butland? 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Imagine having an average at best season, scoring a fluke when the season’s done and copying Bellingham’s celebration, have some shame man

That’s being kind.

What has he done, at all, this season?

Sick of listening to their pish tbh. “We needed a reaction for the fans” lol the reaction was after the old firm draw, the county defeat, not after the title is gone. Whole place needs culled. A bunch of losers delighted with second. Tav looked the most relaxed he had all season, perfect for him to play for fuck all

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Think we’ve always had players like him in our best title winning teams.  He just gets as bad a wrap cause we have to rely on him as a starter too often.

Yes - maybe need to get him on earlier to enable him to have a proper impact, not just a last 10 minute job, here and there?

3 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

jesus christ, it's damned if you do and dammed if you don't on here

Do it when it matters 👍

2 minutes ago, Bydo said:

That’s being kind.

What has he done, at all, this season?

Had a couple of decent spells. That’s it.

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

He will be away mate

Nah I don’t think he will be. I don’t know if his family are in Scotland but if they are and settled he won’t be going anywhere. Happy family and regular football = staying. 

21 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

There is an argument between the pundits and fans that if you replace Tav you lose the goals. Correct we would lose somebody that would score our penalties and the odd set piece but that should never be a defenders job. I would sacrifice Tav for a good solid RB who is a proper defender and had a bit about him (RIP Ricksen). 

Ricksen wasn't a great RB.  His best performances were mainly in midfield 

5 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

OK but you need to get his name next to the face as well, spelled wrong.

Scott Write Loyal

That's fair. 

But then the second part applies to everyone needing to get it 😂 

We'll all have a matching RM Scott Write Loyal tattoo somewhere if we pull off a miraculous treble.

8 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

We need a solid back 4 to win titles. That’s why if we keep tav he should be moved into midfield like Ricksen was. 

It's more than that. We need a solid spine. No point having a good back 4 if we are powder puff in midfield or weak in attack. Butland aside there isn't really any player in defence, midfield or attack you'd say is a 100% starter for us. There needs to be 4-5 players who have the leadership skills and qualities throughout the team for us to be consistently successful. 

22 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I am plodding on thanks mate. I have plenty of support from good friends and family. And I went to work today so that was good for me. 

Good to hear mate. You know all the loons in our wee asylum are always up for a chat.