All in all it’s been a pretty disappointing Euros, thought it started quite well with the first few games but then went shit. No idea on who’s winning the final, Spain deserve it as they have been the most consistent team but England are due to win a tournament sometime and have a feeling this is probably it. 

10 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Spain have definitely looks the best team in the tournament by some measure, but you can't rule anything out in a one off game.

Whole place will be buzzing on Sunday!

Agree. All bets are off at this stage. 

Was a much better game last night and England deserved to win.

First half in particular was good as they set up in a way that brought the best out in Foden, thought their whole midfield was excellent. 

Only thing i do think is that they look more dangerous with someone else upfront other than Kane. Just don't think his style of play, linking up etc suits their system. They look much better with a striker running off the shoulder of the defender. 

Was watching the game at a pub at the wee harbour where we are in Crete, with an English family. Decided to get a taxi just before FT and watch extra time at the hotel. Walked out the pub and England scored about 30 seconds later. 

The dad was buzzing, but raging he missed the goal. 

Anyway, England deserved to win, but probably won't on Sunday - Spain have shown themselves to be the bext team in the tournament. But stranger things and all that.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This is from 2021, but assume it still applies?...

'If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out.

However, a player will still be penalised if he commits an accidental handball immediately before scoring himself.'

Kane didn't score...

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kane didn't score...

:lol: Neither he did.

First handball is accidental and not an unnatural position. Second I'd say it's impossible to say if the ball has actually touched his hand for sure. Ball spin certainly doesn't seem to change.

3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

This makes it even funnier. :lol:

3 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Just looked at his X account - the epitome of bitter tarrier.

3 hours ago, Bluekev said:

It’s probably a poster from here looking at the last few pages.

Judging by his posts last night, It's clearly @RealWorldRich, though thankfully he seems too have clamed down a bit from last night :lol:

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This is from 2021, but assume it still applies?...

'If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out.

However, a player will still be penalised if he commits an accidental handball immediately before scoring himself.'

The handball rule is far, far to complicated.

As for the penalty, I agree with Neville's point. Whilst that maybe is given as a foul if it happens on a sideways pass at the halfway line - you have to give defending players some licence to make a reasonable attempt to block a shot. Kane got a clean shot off, then collided with the defender in the follow through.

Watching it back I still feel that penalty is very soft and then getting a yellow for it as well. 

Cannot help but feel the stars are on England for this tournament. 

42 minutes ago, Badger said:

The handball rule is far, far to complicated.

As for the penalty, I agree with Neville's point. Whilst that maybe is given as a foul if it happens on a sideways pass at the halfway line - you have to give defending players some licence to make a reasonable attempt to block a shot. Kane got a clean shot off, then collided with the defender in the follow through.

Watching it back I still feel that penalty is very soft and then getting a yellow for it as well. 

Cannot help but feel the stars are on England for this tournament. 

Why should defenders get some license and not attackers though? Same defenders that dive to the ground when attackers are anywhere near them and get fouls for it. 

10 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

your comparing Portugal to Britain? Most Rangers fans should be more supportive of Britain than a Scotland that appears to hate them!!

Fuck sake. It’s bad enough when we get fools trying to dictate who should be allowed to support Rangers judging by their politics now we are getting them insisting we should support other countries.

Not many people want their rivals to win trophies after all.

4 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I'm pretty ambivalent about England and the Euros, doesn't put me up or down if they win/lose tbh. But seeing the pain it causes Stewart is mana from heaven :lol: so for that reason, fucking come on England :UK:

Pretty much my view but it’s ridiculous to see people being told they can’t dislike England

1 hour ago, left winger said:

Was watching the game at a pub at the wee harbour where we are in Crete, with an English family. Decided to get a taxi just before FT and watch extra time at the hotel. Walked out the pub and England scored about 30 seconds later. 

The dad was buzzing, but raging he missed the goal. 

Anyway, England deserved to win, but probably won't on Sunday - Spain have shown themselves to be the bext team in the tournament. But stranger things and all that.

Aye, England havent really played anyone near as good as Spain yet. Its hard to see how they cope with Spains movement. Rodri has been the best player at this tournament and has pretty much ran  the show and i dont really see how England stop him doing that again. As you say though its a one off game and you never know. 

30 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Fuck sake. It’s bad enough when we get fools trying to dictate who should be allowed to support Rangers judging by their politics now we are getting them insisting we should support other countries.

Not many people want their rivals to win trophies after all.

We're Brits. England is part of Britain! Half our team are English!!