Players Leaving Confirmed.

4 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

I'll reserve judgement until I see us in competive games before I hit the panic button. Nobody knows if this will be the same squad before the transfer window closes.

We need to go to Tynecastle, the piggery and play Champions League qualifiers before the window shuts.

11 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

I'll reserve judgement until I see us in competive games before I hit the panic button. Nobody knows if this will be the same squad before the transfer window closes.

Problem is, before the transfer window closes we could already be fighting for 2nd place.

Its good to get rid off all the crap, it was badly needed, but we do still need a few more faces in the door, and in part thats due to how bad our B team is and lack of progress from there. We would still need new faces of course, but we really should be seeing players who are now in their early 20's being more ready for first team football. Why has it taken us so many years to even start to realise that. We should be signing at most 2 perhaps 3 'big signings' have sold on players who have come in and set the heather on fire for a massive profit and fill the gaps from the B team, who then go on to be sold for big money. State we are in is pathetic, you cant even use the excuse of 'we play in Scotland' the taigs seem to do ok despite performing much much worse than us in Europe. 

Might help if we can actually keep a manager longer than a year tbf.

38 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Not for me, every season should be a title challenge. Yes its going to be difficult but not throwing in the towel yet before a ball is even kicked. 

Goldson and Tav were the main ones that threw the white flag up in any season we did have a title challenge, bar 1 out of 6. 

Good riddance.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

My lasting memory of him will be his inability to kick that ball out of play against Frankfurt 

That one moment summed up the difference between being a winner or the loser that he was.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

How though?

Must be making an absolute cunt of it to shift that much off the wage bill, with potentially more coming, and still have fuck all to spend. 

We have been in serious financial difficulty for years.  Every year the accounts show us to be in such a situation.    We should have turned a corner when we sold Patterson, Bassey and Aribo but then we signed Souttar, Colak, Lawrence, Matondo, Davies, Yilmaz, Cantwell, Raskin, and Tillman (loan).  That lot cost in the region of £18 million plus massive wages on long contracts.  That was the rot set in again then compound that with last summer's mince Dowell, Lammers, Dessers, Danilo, Cifuentes, etc.  again on long contracts and massive wages.    That is why we have no money.    It really shouldn't surprise any of us.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

We’ve now shifted…

McLaughlin

McCrorie

Goldson

Borna

Jack

Lundstram

Lammers

Roofe

Sima

Silva

North of £160k per week you’d estimate.

Also got Hagi, Cifuentes, Cantwell, and Tav potentially going. 

And brought in some youngsters who aren’t ready to play, Jefte for peanuts, Barron and Kelly on a free, reloaned Cortes, loaned Cerny and bought Diomande (who was already here).

The fact we’re just scrambling about for loans  with a matter of days before kick off tells you there’s something seriously wrong at our club.

Red flags everywhere. 

The fact we haven't even got a stadium right now tells you all that.

32 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

We need to play 9 games before the transfer window shuts.

4 of those games will determine whether we get an extra £25-30m. 

47 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

Problem is, before the transfer window closes we could already be fighting for 2nd place.

Its good to get rid off all the crap, it was badly needed, but we do still need a few more faces in the door, and in part thats due to how bad our B team is and lack of progress from there. We would still need new faces of course, but we really should be seeing players who are now in their early 20's being more ready for first team football. Why has it taken us so many years to even start to realise that. We should be signing at most 2 perhaps 3 'big signings' have sold on players who have come in and set the heather on fire for a massive profit and fill the gaps from the B team, who then go on to be sold for big money. State we are in is pathetic, you cant even use the excuse of 'we play in Scotland' the taigs seem to do ok despite performing much much worse than us in Europe. 

Might help if we can actually keep a manager longer than a year tbf.

Gerrard was a stunning signing, but he chose to walk. That left us in the shit. Trying to replace someone whose experience and even name and reputation, could attract huge attention to our club was always going to be fucking hard.

21 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Gerrard was a stunning signing, but he chose to walk. That left us in the shit. Trying to replace someone whose experience and even name and reputation, could attract huge attention to our club was always going to be fucking hard.

Really, one trophy in three and a half seasons.

9 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

The one that mattered the most regardless which way you want to look at it. 

Should he have won more? Maybe. If he was backed after 55 he highly would have and not left. 

Still think Clement is a better manager than him though.

12 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

It changed the entire atmosphere around the club when he was announced tbf and he put us in a position we were able to beat them in old firms again.

Should have definitely won more silverware and hes a rat for how he left, but without a doubt he gave the club and support a giant lift when he first arrived. We turned out to greet him like the second coming of Gazza 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It changed the entire atmosphere around the club when he was announced tbf and he put us in a position we were able to beat them in old firms again.

Should have definitely won more silverware and hes a rat for how he left, but without a doubt he gave the club and support a giant lift when he first arrived. We turned out to greet him like the second coming of Gazza 

He raised standards at the club again and brought us credibility back as well

Trophy record was poor but he was still an important appointment in our history

4 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

He raised standards at the club again and brought us credibility back as well

Trophy record was poor but he was still an important appointment in our history

Aye hes had my dislike towards him mellowed by Beales period at the club.

There is no manager in our history I dislike more than Michael Beale, and it’s not even a close contest. It makes me feel ill that his picture will always be at Ibrox 

51 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

The fact we haven't even got a stadium right now tells you all that.

Does anyone know for sure what the players that left were on per week?

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye hes had my dislike towards him mellowed by Beales period at the club.

There is no manager in our history I dislike more than Michael Beale, and it’s not even a close contest. It makes me feel ill that his picture will always be at Ibrox 

Anytime anyone does the tour and goes in to the managers office they'll see a photo of his coupon on the wall. Still hard to believe he was our manager.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Class message from the man. 

All the best to the big man. Time was right to part ways (year or 2 too late perhaps) but I think he gave his all and seemed to get what it means at this club.

He should have won more trophies yes but an utter rock during 55

3 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Anytime anyone does the tour and goes in to the managers office they'll see a photo of his coupon on the wall. Still hard to believe he was our manager.

I really wish we could just renege that tradition and pull down the picture of Beale and Pedro.

These should act as stark reminders what will happen if you get your managerial selection wrong