Ibrox Development

On 12/07/2024 at 11:34, KeyserSoze said:

There’s nothing to say Bisgrove wasn’t competent to take it on. He oversaw a 250% increase in commercial and sponsorship income. The biggest growth of any premiership club. 
Problem was he fucked off at the start of the extension chasing the dosh of Saudi. 

He fucked off at the start of the building process of the extension.

He certainly didn’t fuck off at the start of the planning, recruitment, ordering and logistics process of it.

On 12/07/2024 at 14:57, Bluekev said:

I’m not saying Bisgrove is totally innocent but he’s a sales and marketing man. He probably knows the square root of fuck all about construction

Plus not a Rangers fan. Of course he has no loyalty to us.

No surprise he's fucked off

12 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Plus not a Rangers fan. Of course he has no loyalty to us.

No surprise he's fucked off

I'm not sure if you are suggesting that we should only employ Rangers fans or are you simply pointing out that like most people in a job he left for a better paid position.

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm not sure if you are suggesting that we should only employ Rangers fans or are you simply pointing out that like most people in a job he left for a better paid position.

Bisgrove departure should have been questioned deeper at the time.

He would have been on minimum 3 but probably 6 months notice in that position but basically left ASAP which means he’d already been working his notice since about February but more realistic December and they had done fuck all to replace him.

Alternatively he just decided overnight he wanted to go to Saudi and we were happy to let him leave.

1 hour ago, ayro said:

He would have been on minimum 3 but probably 6 months notice in that position but basically left ASAP which means he’d already been working his notice since about February but more realistic December and they had done fuck all to replace him.

Alternatively he just decided overnight he wanted to go to Saudi and we were happy to let him leave.

Or the Saudis bought out his notice and the board were happy to take the money and fire fight with Bennett running things remotely.

31 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Or the Saudis bought out his notice and the board were happy to take the money and fire fight with Bennett running things remotely.

Or he's basically just fucked off and left us to it, and our Boards response is to make him the Ibrox development fall guy.....

32 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Yeah could be but would be naive at best to try and run us remotely with everything that was happening.

59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or he's basically just fucked off and left us to it, and our Boards response is to make him the Ibrox development fall guy.....

They sacked the guy responsible. If it was just down to Bisgrove then there wouldn't have been anyone else sacked. They just wanted to try take heat of themselves by blaming Bisgrove.

4 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The latter for sure. Obviously if we could only hire "Rangers men" that would be ideal but unrealistic.

9 hours ago, ayro said:

7 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Is it possible that the board agreed to let Bisgrove go with no notice on the understanding that he would be the fall guy for this? Or would that be too negative for Bisgrove’s CV regardless of the short term financial gain?

Considering Bisgrove has been blamed, unofficially, it’s strange that he hasn’t issued a rebuttal.

7 hours ago, esquire8 said:

They sacked the guy responsible. If it was just down to Bisgrove then there wouldn't have been anyone else sacked. They just wanted to try take heat of themselves by blaming Bisgrove.

I've heard rumours that Rangers were at fault including multiple things that a customer shouldn't be doing last minute without expecting the financial implications from doing so. 

Easier to sack a PM though and fire blame there or a Rangers employee who left.

We're not even aware of who was apparently sacked are we?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've heard rumours that Rangers were at fault including multiple things that a customer shouldn't be doing last minute without expecting the financial implications from doing so. 

Easier to sack a PM though and fire blame there or a Rangers employee who left.

We're not even aware of who was apparently sacked are we?

Operations and Venue Director. Basically lied about the issues for weeks.

Listening to Heart and Hand just now and they are saying the stadium won't be ready until October, probably after the international break until we are in Ibrox; has this been confirmed by anyone?

RANGERS confirm agreement has been finalised with both the Scottish FA and SPFL for the use of Hampden Park for the club’s home fixtures in the early part of the 2024/25 season.

Further to last week’s update, the club is continuing work at pace on detailed plans for the transition to the National Stadium.

While the Ask Rangers site seeks to address immediate questions, further information will be delivered to our season ticket holders and seasonal hospitality clients as we progress the situation.

At this stage, the club can announce our William Hill Scottish Premiership matches with Motherwell on Saturday, 10 August and Ross County on Saturday 24 August will be played at Hampden, with both matches kicking-off at 3pm.

With draws still to be made for the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round and potential play-off round, plus a potential home tie in the Premier Sports Cup, the club will communicate news on dates and kick-off times for them once the information is confirmed.

The club is continuing to work tirelessly on the Copland Stand project at Ibrox to complete that as soon as possible. As soon as the club can provide a definitive update on matches returning to our home, it will do so.

Rangers again puts on record its thanks to the Scottish FA and the SPFL for their considerable work in reaching this solution.

Above all, the club thanks our supporters for their ongoing patience and understanding as we deal with this challenge.

Worrying me that the club are just leasing until August, when in reality everyone else, and from the rate of work ongoing in my own experience I can't see Ibrox being ready until September early October.

Lining ourselves up for more drama down the line, instead of just securing the venue for an extended period and allowing ourselves plenty of room to get the work done.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Worrying me that the club are just leasing until August, when in reality everyone else, and from the rate of work ongoing in my own experience I can't see Ibrox being ready until September early October.

Lining ourselves up for more drama down the line, instead of just securing the venue for an extended period and allowing ourselves plenty of room to get the work done.

Next home match ain't until the 28th of September after the August games.

27 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Reckon they have definitely booked it past the dates stated, just trying to make things not seem as bad as they are 😅

Aye the cunts at the club could tell me it’s Monday and I’d have to double check tbh!