Ibrox Development

8 hours ago, left winger said:

If it's too much effort to get to Hampden, just remember that when it comes to semi-finals and finals.

Just 3 posts up I posted why getting to Hampden was an issue, yet you come out with this piss, well you crack on super fan, see if you ever wonder why people here think you are a dick, it's right in your sentence above

9 hours ago, frenv said:

No doubt us playing there will become a conspiracy if we were to win both cups over the scum this year, citing 'unfair advantage' or some other kind of nonsense by us getting used to the venue.

These had better be some really damn good steel beams we're buying for all the nonsense and cost that it's brought about.

They played all their home games at Hampden in 94-95, then beat Airdrie in the cup final, there. Because their ‘lease’ at Hampden finished the week before, Hampden was still declared as a neutral ground. Tbf, I think Airdrie still wanted the game at Hampden, anyway.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I had one at work last week saying we should be sanctioned for not having a stadium fit to hold matches and shouldn’t  be giving the advantage of home games at Hampden.  I said what about youse tramps when yese had to use hampden for a full season cause yer stadium was under construction  His reply “when did that happen” told him when “aye that’s different though” 🤣

Same thing happened when he was yakking on about sevco, new company new club ect when  I asked him what happened to the old Celtic football and athletic club and who pacific shelf where again he had no idea 🤣🤣 

Fanny,  some times I feel like stabbing him in the thick skull  👀

When you’re talking to tramps Tiger try and use the Kings English. Annoys them no end.  

2 hours ago, mus said:

Just 3 posts up I posted why getting to Hampden was an issue, yet you come out with this piss, well you crack on super fan, see if you ever wonder why people here think you are a dick, it's right in your sentence above

General comment about folk greeting having to go to a ground a few miles miles away, where we play just about every season. There’s only one other stadium relatively close to Ibrox that has a suitable capacity - so as we can’t play at Ibrox what would your solution be?

22 minutes ago, left winger said:

General comment about folk greeting having to go to a ground a few miles miles away, where we play just about every season. There’s only one other stadium relatively close to Ibrox that has a suitable capacity - so as we can’t play at Ibrox what would your solution be?

Time Machine and go back and make sure the Board not make an arse of everything. 

1 hour ago, left winger said:

I understand why they are going to Hampden, it was your attitude to people who would struggle to get there for numerous reasons which irked me!

46 minutes ago, mus said:

I understand why they are going to Hampden, it was your attitude to people who would struggle to get there for numerous reasons which irked me!

If you can get to Ibrox you can get to hampden surely ?

edit- just seen your post about your wife’s anxiety 

fair enough but it’s not actually a travel issue it’s a mental health issue. 

1 hour ago, mus said:

It’s an attitude about folk greeting about having to go a few miles in a different direction or further, or seat sub, or mygers, or soon to come - shite seats, etc. Not about people struggling for reasons such as your wife has.

12 minutes ago, Almacger said:

My old man who has worsening mobility issues isn't going to attempt Hampden because he's struggling a bit, even when attending Ibrox. At least at Ibrox he knows he has less distance to walk to get in to the ground. At Hampden it's a totally different story for him and distances to walk from parking his car/getting dropped off are much greater. 

If people are standing then he's fucked too.  He has a front row seat at Ibrox so not an issue. Different scenarios for some people mean that it's not the same experience getting to Hampden as it is Ibrox.

Same here, my old man is 77 which means I drop him as close as I can at Ibrox generally about the old Rangers store and going home I leave 5 minutes early to go get the car to pick him up at subway station.

He’s up for the walk at Hampden if I can get close enough but standing for 90 minutes is no chance so he’s going to miss out.

If no refunds then the minimum should be a free RTV stream for people affected.

1 hour ago, Almacger said:

My old man who has worsening mobility issues isn't going to attempt Hampden because he's struggling a bit, even when attending Ibrox. At least at Ibrox he knows he has less distance to walk to get in to the ground. At Hampden it's a totally different story for him and distances to walk from parking his car/getting dropped off are much greater. 

If people are standing then he's fucked too.  He has a front row seat at Ibrox so not an issue. Different scenarios for some people mean that it's not the same experience getting to Hampden as it is Ibrox.

In a similar situation with my own dad who’s now using a stick albeit still gets himself around. However, it’s going to be a fucking ball ache every matchday at Hampden and we still haven’t quite agreed how to get to the stadium.

Driving will be a joke afterwards and the trains will be horribly overcrowded.

Its verging on not being worth the hassle.

58 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

If it’s only a few games (I hope!) then I’m just going to seatsub Hampden. I fucking hate the place and it’s a nightmare to get to / leave it.

Mid to late October at earliest i was told yesterday.

Complete balls up by Bisgrove, Bennet and their PM.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aye few folk now saying it’ll be after the international break in October. Fucking grim!

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Was told exactly the same but not allowing for the fit out of barriers etc then inspection and testing of.

Shambles can't run a football club, how do they expect to self run a bespoke building project.

The biggest laugh today was wife being informed her dad's brick install delayed due to supplier issues only bought and paid for in Feb lol.

Piss taking cunts, assuming G51 is the year it will open.