Welcome To Rangers, Connor Barron.

12 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I didn’t see today’s game so he may have been far better than he’s been previously, but it’s genuinely mental to me how much our support are overrating someone who runs about and gets in people’s faces.

He’s been one of our better players but it’s saying more about the dearth of quality than it is about Barron having great ability. 

Maybe wise to have a look at yesterday's game and figure out Barron is much more than what you describe, his energy and awareness alone brings something that we've been lacking a long time, already you can see he has that winners mentality, his attitude should be an example to quite a few older members of the squad. I wish we had 5 more Connor Barrons. What's mental to me is anyone who thinks the lad just runs about in people's faces. 

1 hour ago, OrkneyTrueBlue said:

Maybe wise to have a look at yesterday's game and figure out Barron is much more than what you describe, his energy and awareness alone brings something that we've been lacking a long time, already you can see he has that winners mentality, his attitude should be an example to quite a few older members of the squad. I wish we had 5 more Connor Barrons. What's mental to me is anyone who thinks the lad just runs about in people's faces. 

He's been good, but doesn’t control a game, which is something we’re really lacking. 

He’s been impressive so far.

It’s worth remembering that he’s a young player who’s made a massive step up in terms of the size of coin and the expectations and for the most part he’s done it pretty seamlessly so far.

Playing with better players every day and gaining experience in big games is only going to benefit him further and help him improve more.

One of the most obvious and sensible signings we’ve made in a long time.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He's been good, but doesn’t control a game, which is something we’re really lacking. 

We desperately need an experienced number six to play beside him both for the team and to help talk him through games to further his development.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We desperately need an experienced number six to play beside him both for the team and to help talk him through games to further his development.

Middle of August and a signing that should have been our number 1 priority still hasn’t been done.

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Huge step for him departing Aberdeen, completely different set of demands and environment, the experience he will gain going forward is vital, he will prove to be a very shrewd addition, as said previously needs experience beside him to nurture his huge potential.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Middle of August and a signing that should have been our number 1 priority still hasn’t been done.

Still plenty of time. I’m sure we will find some old jobber to dust off who we hope to get a turn out of on the 31st August :lol: :ang:

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Still plenty of time. I’m sure we will find some old jobber to dust off who we hope to get a turn out of on the 31st August :lol: :ang:

I still think it will be Mclean but when that happens fuck knows.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Waiting to see whether it’s the CL or EL pot of money we have available to spend on the team IMO

If that’s the case we will be going to their dump with this same team.

A frightening thought.

56 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If that’s the case we will be going to their dump with this same team.

A frightening thought.

Doubt it, we’ll be guaranteed money making the EL so we’ll buy someone, but it’ll be an upgrade on whoever that is if we make the CL (which admittedly seems a bit of reach)

7 minutes ago, beararse said:

Doubt it, we’ll be guaranteed money making the EL so we’ll buy someone, but it’ll be an upgrade on whoever that is if we make the CL (which admittedly seems a bit of reach)

We supposedly already budget assuming that and EL groups were already a guarantee so it won’t affect anything that hasn’t already happened I would assume 

12 minutes ago, Broxi said:

We supposedly already budget assuming that and EL groups were already a guarantee so it won’t affect anything that hasn’t already happened I would assume 

Of course it will affect it. 

we  are guarantee significantly more if we qualify for the CL so we can buy a higher calibre of player.

The EL is the backstop.

7 minutes ago, beararse said:

Of course it will affect it. 

we  are guarantee significantly more if we qualify for the CL so we can buy a higher calibre of player.

The EL is the backstop.

You said we will buy someone because we will make the EL groups. But we’ve already known that so that won’t affect anything. 

I agree about if we make the CL but was replying to the bit about the EL

35 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Getting through this tie makes a difference even if we end up in the Europa