Butland to replace Tav as captain according to the Daily Record

1 hour ago, toolongawake said:

This is essentially a while lot of nothing then. 

Will happen "If he moves". He's the only logical choice so the headline might as well read "Clement to use common sense"

Seems to made up clickbait.

People guessing, putting it out as factual then backtracking. Immature attention seeking.

Grown men really should know better.

53 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Apparently Dessers is pushing for the move. Seen a few places reporting this now. I’m hopeful he’s got his agent whoring him out to clubs over the summer. Rangers isn’t for him.

Few places are reporting it now that people have realised there was an article from 10 days ago which mentioned it

Might end up being true, however I don't think it is a breaking story which is all coming out now and moving along. It's actually a semi-old story that everyone just didn't see.

Seemed to go from a definite article to an edited speculative article?…

Complete non-story then.

FWIW I doubt we’d get a better right back than Tav. We have so many positions to fill that maybe it’s best we focus on them and we can come back to the RB role when it’s more convenient…

3 minutes ago, Blue Atheist said:

Complete non-story then.

FWIW I doubt we’d get a better right back than Tav. We have so many positions to fill that maybe it’s best we focus on them and we can come back to the RB role when it’s more convenient…

Yeah, let's ignore it for the 3rd season running...thats went well eh

😆 ffs

32 minutes ago, Blue Atheist said:

Complete non-story then.

No thanks. I’d rather we went a bought a defender that didn’t cost goals regularly, particularly when we play Celtic. That would be fantastic.

30 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah, let's ignore it for the 3rd season running...thats went well eh

😆 ffs

Yeah, let’s just replace the whole team. I’m sure we’ve got plenty of money for that.

There’s about 9 other positions we need to fill first. All I’m saying is let’s get them right and then if we want to replace Tav with a better player, if we can get one, I’m all for it.

The size of the rebuild needed is one of the biggest in many a season. A replacement for Tav should be way down the list of priorities.

If Clement wants to change the captaincy I wouldn’t disagree as I’ve never thought he was captain material but let’s be realistic about the massive overhaul required.

1 minute ago, Blue Atheist said:

Yeah, let’s just replace the whole team. I’m sure we’ve got plenty of money for that.

There’s about 9 other positions we need to fill first. All I’m saying is let’s get them right and then if we want to replace Tav with a better player, if we can get one, I’m all for it.

The size of the rebuild needed is one of the biggest in many a season. A replacement for Tav should be way down the list of priorities.

If Clement wants to change the captaincy I wouldn’t disagree as I’ve never thought he was captain material but let’s be realistic about the massive overhaul required.

The Tavernier Goldson partnership is one do the first areas that needs ripped apart and rebuilt. Been the one constant in multiple failures for six years now.

4 minutes ago, Blue Atheist said:

A replacement for tav should be a top priority. He was one of the poorest players last season. His crossing was chronic and that an essential part of a wing backs game and his tackling and positioning was schoolboy.

I’ve loved Tavernier as a player for us, but I’m not sure why some people have such a fear at the idea of moving on from him.

We can’t replace his numbers, and we would be foolish to even try to do it, but in a game that’s dominated by young, athletic, powerful players we can absolutely go out and find a younger, athletic, powerful right back in the mould of the player Tavernier was four or five years ago.

5 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

A replacement for tav should be a top priority. He was one of the poorest players last season. His crossing was chronic and that an essential part of a wing backs game and his tackling and positioning was schoolboy.

He still managed 17 goals and 10 assists. Nobody at Rangers got close to that. I agree with @Blue Atheist. There are plenty more priority positions needing replacing first imo. No matter how it's dressed up Tav's numbers and consistency of numbers won't be easily replaced.

11 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He still managed 17 goals and 10 assists. Nobody at Rangers got close to that. I agree with @Blue Atheist. There are plenty more priority positions needing replacing first imo. No matter how it's dressed up Tav's numbers and consistency of numbers won't be easily replaced.

Not to go back over old ground, but of the 17 goals 15 were pens and he also missed 5. That’s easily replaceable.

Assists are a bit more difficult, but he does take every freekick and corner - sure whoever gets that honour will start to eat into that 10 assists.

He’s burst mentally against them, and was taken apart in the final few OF games. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not to go back over old ground, but of the 17 goals 15 were pens and he also missed 5. That’s easily replaceable.

Assists are a bit more difficult, but he does take every freekick and corner - sure whoever gets that honour will start to eat into that 10 assists.

He’s burst mentally against them, and was taken apart in the final few OF games. 

On paper it is a lot to replace. I am all for selling Tav especially if we're getting close to what we're rumoured to be getting. If the money is shite though I'd rather keep him and have someone else challenging him for his position at least.

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He scored more than 2 non penalties.

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

On paper it is a lot to replace. I am all for selling Tav especially if we're getting close to what we're rumoured to be getting. If the money is shite though I'd rather keep him and have someone else challenging him for his position at least.

I agree about the money but I think if the numbers are true then it’s a no brainer.

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Praying to the baby Jesus.

Edit: Just seen Football Insider were the ones pushing the Dominik Livakovic to the scum story, which turned out to be utter fabrication - confirmed by Croatian media and Dominik Livakovic's PR team, despite Football Insider having "sources" :ang:

Still won't believe this until it's confirmed by either club or Tav himself.

2 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Praying to the baby Jesus.

Edit: Just seen Football Insider were the ones pushing the Dominik Livakovic to the scum story, which turned out to be utter fabrication - confirmed by Croatian media and Dominik Livakovic's PR team, despite Football Insider having "sources" :ang:

Still won't believe this until it's confirmed by either club or Tav himself.

Taking it with a pinch of salt myself. Only "sources".

IF the story is true though, I hope we get a good price for him. Gerrard knows him well and he will bring the experience his team requires.

The money would assist the massive rebuild that we require.

Hope he takes Goldson too.

Fingers crossed.