Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

6 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Please don’t tell me that’s real?!

There are a few of them around the perimeter of NEH.

Signifies that they put a large sum of money towards the cost of the building.

There is a wall in the building with the names of other contributers who donated smaller sums 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At the very minimum we need a Centre half, a number 6 and a number 9.

I genuinely think i’ll crack the first time that fucking lump of wood Dessers gets caught offside next season.

Or fluffs the easiest of chances.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At the very minimum we need a Centre half, a number 6 and a number 9.

I genuinely think i’ll crack the first time that fucking lump of wood Dessers gets caught offside next season.

I think we are desperate for a winger as well mate. Our options just now are Cortes, Matondo, Wright and McAusland. Only one of them is good enough to start for us IMO.

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

I think we are desperate for a winger as well mate. Our options just now are Cortes, Matondo, Wright and McAusland. Only one of them is good enough to start for us IMO.

We defo are but the priority has to be sorting out the spine of the team.

Clearly Clement has been lied to and if he was given the chance again knowing what he does now does he take the job not a chance. Give him the beale money and the freedom to build his squad then it's completely on him. 

Put the best managers in the world with this squad its still the same outcome. Until the squad is changed nothing will change. This is on the board if they send the manager to war with this squad. 

34 minutes ago, eastendblue said:

The work was mainly to comply with UEFA disability places in the stadium.

There must have been a solution which didn’t involve rendering the whole stadium unavailable in the event of an overrun to the required works.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Clearly Clement has been lied to and if he was given the chance again knowing what he does now does he take the job not a chance. Give him the beale money and the freedom to build his squad then it's completely on him. 

Put the best managers in the world with this squad its still the same outcome. Until the squad is changed nothing will change. This is on the board if they send the manager to war with this squad. 

Utter nonsense.

34 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Me if we look to Scott Wright in the first OF of the season to come off the bench and change the game. 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Unfortunately the issue is we have a bloated squad of about 30 first team players. We need to sell and get rid of quite a few top earners before we bring in replacements. The problem we have is unless we pay off a lot of these players we are pretty much stuck with them due to their age, wages and ability.  This is the issue with a lot of the Rangers fans as to why have we ended up in this position. Reality is we’ve got pretty much fuck all to show for this investment. 1 league cup and 1 Scottish cup in the last 3 years is unacceptable for the wages we’ve paid to these players - especially when our wage bill is similar to the scums and in that time they’ve won 7 trophies. Yes the run to Seville was amazing but ultimately we didn’t win the trophy. Questions need answered and this board need to be held accountable for the constant fuck ups.

34 minutes ago, Madina said:

I said aside from a few shinning moments. 55 and getting to the Europa League final. Domestically we have been a laughing stock aside from one anomaly of a season. We're on the same number of domestic cups as St Johnstone in the same time frame ffs. 

The club is a riddy from top to bottom. Sometimes I think I was lucky to grow up when I did and see our success season after season but other times it's a curse as I fear we will never see those days again 

Those days are a long way away if ever. We are a complete shambles while celtic sweep up easy trophy after easy trophy 

The financial gap gets bigger and bigger every year and they are pretty much guaranteed the CL pot every season 

Nothing is changing any time soon - this season looks like it will be a disaster with the shit we have available 

8 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Is he saying funds are tight though? Or is he saying its the wage bill that needs dealt with, hence why we aren't even doing anymore freebies

We could literally have 20mill to spend but if wage bill is too high regarding FFP etc then its pointless having it

In all honesty we need the squad trimmed before anyone else comes in, big time

Think he expected more money than what was there originally + thought we'd get rid of some of the players easier than it's played out..

Squad 100% needs trimmed down but if you've got players on 20/30k a week who know they're only getting half that if they go, why would they even bother leaving

Sad state of affairs really

The champions league will be mostly gone forever outside of the odd time the scum or us scrape through the qualifying, once the automatic entry is gone the scum will come back towards us financially although it may take a couple of seasons, they've obviously benefited most from our displays in Europe, both our standings in Europe will fall off a cliff from here on in I think.

4 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

It’s not really mate. He can only work with the shite he’s got. The best managers in the world literally get 100s of millions. He’s expected to do great things on a shoestring.

With a group of players that need dismantled it has done for years. I feel for the guy putting his reputation on the line for these cunts. The board need to sort this they got us into this mess they need to get us out it. 

52 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Is he saying funds are tight though? Or is he saying its the wage bill that needs dealt with, hence why we aren't even doing anymore freebies

We could literally have 20mill to spend but if wage bill is too high regarding FFP etc then its pointless having it

In all honesty we need the squad trimmed before anyone else comes in, big time

We’re ok re FFP for this season. 2025/26 will be more of a constraint when the ratio drops to 70%.

I think sadly it’s just funds are tight

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

The champions league will be mostly gone forever outside of the odd time the scum or us scrape through the qualifying, once the automatic entry is gone the scum will come back towards us financially although it may take a couple of seasons, they've obviously benefited most from our displays in Europe, both our standings in Europe will fall off a cliff from here on in I think.

Financially they are decades ahead of us.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Financially they are decades ahead of us.

You are spot on, we need them missing out on a few champions league monies consecutively and it might bring back some sort of level playing field, unfortunately that won't be happening until it's on them to qualify.

I imagine the total lack of expectations will help us in the early part of the season but we’re going to need a miracle to win the league. That miracle would either be somehow qualifying for the UCL or generating funds through player sales of those we don’t want 

I feel sorry for Clement, the Clement that arrived here with the proper backing would’ve put the fear into them. I just hope this constant nonsense hasn’t demoralised him too much 

January was the sliding doors moment, all we needed to do was buy Shankland or Miovski and the league was ours. A gamble yes but the reward far outweighed the risk and sometimes you have to take a gamble like that, we have fuck all to spend now anyway with no CL why couldn’t we have just gone for it in January 

I’ll tell you one thing, if the scum were in our exact same position in January their hierarchy would’ve done everything to make sure they won that league and secured the CL spot 

30 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Those days are a long way away if ever. We are a complete shambles while celtic sweep up easy trophy after easy trophy 

The financial gap gets bigger and bigger every year and they are pretty much guaranteed the CL pot every season 

Nothing is changing any time soon - this season looks like it will be a disaster with the shit we have available 

That’s why we need change now. Another 10 years under this current leadership and we’ll be about 20 trophies behind them. That is the reality that’s now staring us in the face.