graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

We're in amongst the also rans. Never mind competing or beating the scum, we're no better than a pretty average, top half at best level team. Despite a comparatively huge budget compared to others who like Kille are perfectly capable of beating us. We're no longer the 2nd horse in a 2 horse race.

Failure of a Board. Failure of a manager. Multiple failures on the park. 

Struggling to see a way out of the shambles we've become since 55.

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

A manager only deserves time to rebuild if there are signs on the park that things are moving forward. That’s not happening under Clement and he’s all out of excuses now.

Precisely.

We are moving backwards just now.

Clement didn't have the balls to tell Tavernier his Rangers career was over, instead he hoped he would be signed by another club, we are stuck with a player who is just so piss poor now but he refuses to drop him.....that was the first real sign of weakness.....now we have a group of talentless individuals who haven't a fucking clue what system we are playing......30 minutes at Tannadice and away to Malmo are the only times we looked like we had a bit of an identity about the way we played

One goal away from home in the league so far is an absolute disgrace and should be the red flag to tell us we are going backwards, I was prepared to give him a chance but we are going backwards at an alarming rate....get rid asap

The problem is largely down to coaching.  I think a better coach gets better results with this squad.  Is it still shite? Absolutely it is and we need far better but the issue is we have no fucking clue what we want to do. 

Said it since pre season and we’ve kicked the can down the road since then. It cannot go on as it is. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Who's going to fire him, or better yet, who takes the helm to find a replacement? Gilligan? There lies the problem.

Get proper ex-football men in to run the club and make these decisions.

Graeme Souness, after years of supporters crying out for him to get involved, was directly involved in the process of appointing Clement.

14 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'd beg Muscat to come in. Showed in his last job how he can improve a group of players.

His contract is up next month. Might be the move to make if Clement is sacked. 

Couldn't blame him but if he told this board to shove it. Asking him to come fix the mess left by the manager we hired over him 

Said this months ago, and I'm not saying this is what I want, but I think McInnes will be our manager at some point this season, and today's result only strengthens that.

When the board appointed Clement they clearly told him a few whoppers, I think they'll look at McInnes and know they don't need to be quite as ambitious when selling the club, and I doubt he'd knock us back again given how his careeer panned out last time.

Grim times, my fear is when this happens, he'll get us results, get us looking like we're closer to the tims, but the football will be eye bleeding and in the end won't be enough anyway. Suppose the counter argument would be that our football is already eye bleeding amd has been for most of Clement's time.

6 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

We were sinking at a faster rate under Beale and he's a big part of why we're in this mess in the first place. Genuinely hate that charlatan cunt.

Had less points, and even less goals under Beale last season as well. Booed off after a win. 

Clement has to go, but the revisionism on us under Beale is hilarious, we were even worse.

he should be kept on as caretaker until we appoint a CEO, DoF, and Academy Director. There's no point in sacking him before those appointments and his successor should be appointed to align with whatever strategy those three appointees have agreed upon for the footballing department