graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

2 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

1 goal in 4 away games is disgusting. 

We could a played till next Sunday and not scored today.

His style is fucking bogging and it's absolutely embarrassing to watch 

Said the same last season after Ross county and Dundee and numerous other games there is no style his tactics are so bad his subs are awful that should be enough for him to go 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes, I have no faith now in winning any game, and while I hoped the football would improve it has not, and I thought at times today some players were not giving everything as they should considering how important the games was.

Another new manager in October is shite, but I see no other way forward.

Muscat might be an option, and certainly if he is out of contract in November that would help, not sure how some of these players would cope with his high tempo game. 

This is the problem, instead of trying to fit a manager with the current players and current style we need a total change of direction. Those who can’t/won’t hack it get shown the door.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kilmarnock were fucking atrocious today btw so that doesn’t give any credibility to Mcinnes.

They're bound to be shite, they cost something like less than a million to put together. Theyve beat us again, as they've done over a good few of our various teams and managers in recent years. McInnes could put us on his mantelpiece.

Fuck wanting McInnes in to replace Clement, but I don't actually doubt we'd be a better more organised team with a clearer style if he was.

Muscat might be an option, and certainly if he is out of contract in November that would help, not sure how some of these players would cope with his high tempo game. 

They wouldn't they can't cope with the turgid tempo they use just now. One of the slowest and unfit Rangers teams I have seen and that's on him.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They're bound to be shite, they cost something like less than a million to put together. Theyve beat us again, as they've done over a good few or our various teams and managers in recent years. McInnes could put us on his mantelpiece.

Fuck wanting McInnes in to replace Clement, but I don't actually doubt we'd be a better more organised team with a clearer style if he was.

It’s not a sleight on Mcinnes but is he the guy who can get us playing against Low Blocks etc. I don’t think so.

He just comes across as clueless and inept. For all the talk about him rebuilding teams and getting success his own way , there is zero evidence of it at Rangers. He doesn't improve individual players, his tactics and formations are confused, and he doesn't look like he has any sort of game plan to sort this cluster fuck out!

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This is the problem, instead of trying to fit a manager with the current players and current style we need a total change of direction. Those who can’t/won’t hack it get shown the door.

Our whole Club is in a hellish place mate and while I take your point I am not sure how to fix all the problems.

I just feel today was when I had to stop backing P C. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s not a sleight on Mcinnes but is he the guy who can get us playing against Low Blocks etc. I don’t think so.

No idea and don't want him manager.  It can't be denied though he knows how to beat us through organisation and having his players up for it. 

8 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

One year in and no idea how to win games in Scottish football. From day dot he could never get his teams to score goals and its the same fucking issue today. 

NEXT

Doesn't know how to win them that well in europe either

15 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes, I have no faith now in winning any game, and while I hoped the football would improve it has not, and I thought at times today some players were not giving everything as they should considering how important the games was.

Another new manager in October is shite, but I see no other way forward.

There will be a few that can't cope with a higher tempo but surely we've got some in there that can until more can be added.

What we absolutely need if not muscut is a manager that will go for a more attacking, faster and aggressive style of football.

We've gone through 3 managers now that try this slow control the ball setup against sides that sit deep 90% of the time and it doesn't work. 

I’ve been more supportive than most, partly because I recognised the ridiculous situation he inherited with possibly the greatest clear out of players that any manager has had to deal with, especially as so many left yet only raised pennies.

I think his recruitment has been decent - Jefte, Nana, Barron have potential imo - but he’s been cursed with the same pile of injuries that has become the norm at Ibrox. (Question: anyone know where Nsiala has gone?)

However, the last couple of days have shown that, with good organisation and motivation, journeymen can raise their game to challenge the best.

It is a lesson that we haven’t learned and don’t look like learning any time soon.

If there were indications that we were getting somewhere, then he’d still have my backing but the fact is that we are plodding, pedestrian, predictable and with zero threat 99% of the time.

No idea the cost implications of getting rid of him and bringing in someone like Potter but, as ever, the decision to keep him in post comes with a cost too.

Sorry Clement, but your time is up.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

There will be a few that can't cope with a higher tempo but surely we've got some in there that can until more can be added.

What we absolutely need if not muscut is a manager that will go for a more attacking aggressive style of football. We've gone through 3 managers now that try this slow control the ball setup against sides that sit deep 90% of the time and it doesn't work. 

That is true. :thumbup:

I also fully agree we need a more up tempo approach to our play, it is far too slow and hellish to watch at the moment.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Tavernier has played plenty of times at Kilmarnock.

He’s not getting any better…

He'll have to get used to playing in midfield at Kilmarnock now though. 

Should have the hang of it by time he's 36yo (still captain) and Clement still striving for that Oct/Nov Form. :confused:

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

They were saying on the radio earlier as well that a lot of that Killie team are players he's worked with in the past. Not sure how he would be with being able to recruit a supposed higher level of player.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Btw we can prattle on here as much as we like but the absolutely depressing fact is that he's going nowhere and will be the manager at the start of next season regardless of what happens in the coming months, I'm absolutely sure of that .

I think he’ll be here until Aberdeen beat us at the end of the month.  Then he’s offski.