graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

22 minutes ago, B1872 said:

They’ve been offering semi final tickets to folk as low as 30 mygers points. Just another sign that a lot of the support have chucked it. Never known it to be so low for a semi final, certainly since we got back up anyway.

I wish they’d stop emailing me offering one every time they drop a level. I am a glory hunter and those emails are needy and I do not like it 

I’ve said this time and time again but in this league you have to play direct football to be effective.

Direct doesn’t mean aimlessly hoofing the ball out wide or up to a big target man, it just means moving it vertically and playing at and with pace. Get the ball into your centre forwards feet and surround him with runners so that he has options or the midfielders that he bounces the ball back to have options.

We’ve had manager after manager who want to slow the game down to a borderline walk and smother the intensity of the game with needless recycled possession and it just doesn’t work.

16 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

As Chris Jack says on RR Clement will not be sacked whilst we have no CEO or chairman in place. So we limp on basically 

And that is the correct decision, as painful as it is. A new CEO makes that call and brings in his preferred choice.

44 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

The only enjoyment you get from Rangers is winning.

Winning over style of football every day of the week

When was the last time any club won this league without playing an enjoyable style of football?

You can't win this league playing defensive football. The only way to win is by being attacking.

Without a doubt he has to be sacked now. It’s getting more toxic by the game and I know folk with season tickets who can’t give them away when they can’t go to the game. I go back a long way and yesterday was as bad as I’ve seen since the early 80s. I’m obviously talking about in the top flight only. I can’t see any style of play, no fight from any of the players and a captain who clearly can no longer play at this level. I fully expect us to be 9 points behind the sheep after we play them and that’s just not fucking acceptable. It wasn’t a rebuild in the summer, it was a wages slash. I understand why that had to happen but we’ve skunked more money on players with no heart and little or no football savvy. As an example, I give you Propper, who couldn’t wait to get off yesterday. What a fucking mess we’re in, and it’s no longer any fun to watch us. Fucking shambles from top to bottom. 

37 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

As Chris Jack says on RR Clement will not be sacked whilst we have no CEO or chairman in place. So we limp on basically 

Its the correct decision, sadly.

In an ideal world he would have been given his P45 last night but until we have a CEO and DOF in place its a pointless exercise.

31 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’ve said this time and time again but in this league you have to play direct football to be effective.

Direct doesn’t mean aimlessly hoofing the ball out wide or up to a big target man, it just means moving it vertically and playing at and with pace. Get the ball into your centre forwards feet and surround him with runners so that he has options or the the midfielders that he bounces the ball back to have options.

We’ve had manager after manager who want to slow the game down to a borderline walk and smother the intensity of the game with needless recycled possession and it just doesn’t work.

Think the general consensus is no cunt actually knows what style of play we are trying to deploy, to me we look more of a counter attacking team than anything else but still trying to work it out tbh.  

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Don’t buy that at all.

You don’t manage some no mark team in China over a club like Rangers if you’re given the opportunity. 

you do if you currently see what's happening off the park and on the park, our club is being run into the ground once again by these so called fans that allegedly love and supported the club, disaster after disaster after disaster, managers sacked, players leaving on a free, chairmen leaving, football operations directors or whatever the fuck they're called leaving and none being replaced......when you see the shit show our club has become well then muscat made the correct choice.

12 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Think the general consensus is no cunt actually knows what style of play we are trying to deploy, to me we look more of a counter attacking team than anything else but still trying to work it out tbh.  

We would be the slowest counter attacking team in the history of football Daniel. 

53 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Don’t buy that at all.

You don’t manage some no mark team in China over a club like Rangers if you’re given the opportunity. 

If they have any intention of changing then they should approach him now and establish if he's interested. It could well be he is and wants to show why he should have been appointed in the first place. 

Unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. The new contract and the lack of CEO is going to drag this on. 

12 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

you do if you currently see what's happening off the park and on the park, our club is being run into the ground once again by these so called fans that allegedly love and supported the club, disaster after disaster after disaster, managers sacked, players leaving on a free, chairmen leaving, football operations directors or whatever the fuck they're called leaving and none being replaced......when you see the shit show our club has become well then muscat made the correct choice.

Nope.

New manager comes in and starts getting wins while implementing an attractive brand of football and the entire atmosphere around the club and fanbase changes. We need fixed behind the scenes without a doubt but once you’re winning on the pitch the pressure eases rapidly from elsewhere 

No chance Muscat turns us down if we offer him the job 

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nope.

New manager comes in and starts getting wins while implementing an attractive brand of football and the entire atmosphere around the club and fanbase changes. We need fixed behind the scenes without a doubt but once you’re winning on the pitch the pressure eases rapidly from elsewhere 

No chance Muscat turns us down if we offer him the job 

Why wouldn't Muscat turn us down?  Probably less salary and we are no longer an attractive option - look at the situation with the board, squad and budget.

2 hours ago, Swagger said:

Aberdeen don’t need to keep the form up all season. We’ll be 9 behind next week - they will tail off but look how bad we are. We’ll drop a fuck load of points yet this season. 
celtic will be at least 10-15 points clear at the end. 
We are just another average top 6 team at the moment. 

I know it feels really bad just now and rightly so because it's been brutal, but I posted a list of our league games last week between then and the time game, 11 of them, and I felt we would win at least 9 of them, the Kilmarnock game and the match at Pittodrie being the games I was unsure of, the run of games we've got coming up are very favourable, even with our form, yesterday's result doesn't change that.

My worry was (and still is), that a great run of league form just papers over the cracks that get badly exposed when we play them again.