graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

Folk can’t seriously be suggesting Matty Kennedy.

There’s decent players in the league that we should have gone after and still should be looking at. (We were too slow on Miovski, missed Ferguson, probably missed Miller). 

He’s absolutely not one.

36 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Yeah I would actually argue it’s done a 180 and people have came round to the idea of it, even more so given how Barron has looked (on the most part). 

the trouble is the past few managers and those involved in signings think otherwise. 

I think its important to have a core of Scottish players, even if they are squad backup. They set the tone for effort and results as they know what its about.

18 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

There’s decent players in the league that we should have gone after and still should be looking at. (We were too slow on Miovski, missed Ferguson, probably missed Miller). 

He’s absolutely not one.

Only quoted him as an example of a bang average player that a good manager can get a tune out of.

We seem to do the reverse - take multi-million pound players and make them cart horses :ang:

49 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He’s not a new manager he’s been here more than a year ffs 

No shit Sherlock, nothing gets past you.

I was clearly talking about the possibility of a new manager having an opportunity to build a bit of instant momentum.

19 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I think its important to have a core of Scottish players, even if they are squad backup. They set the tone for effort and results as they know what its about.

Walter was the master of it look at guys like wishart Bollan cleland Thompson in his first spell

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

No shit Sherlock, nothing gets past you.

I was clearly talking about the possibility of a new manager having an opportunity to build a bit of instant momentum.

Ha ha that’s all you had to say pal was a misunderstanding no need to get narky.

:belm:

Think most fans are sympathetic to the fact we lack quality in several positions.

But I have no idea watching us what we’re trying to do.

And worse than that, almost every game it feels like opposition managers figure us out. 

It feels like opposition teams let us have the ball where they want us to have it. And have a plan to beat us. 

We don’t control the game. And I don’t even know what a typical “Clement” style goal looks like. Which we all at least knew with Gerrard.

And his interviews still are blaming performances on the individuals. 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

He’s absolutely not one.

When was Miovski available to us?

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Think most fans are sympathetic to the fact we lack quality in several positions.

But I have no idea watching us what we’re trying to do.

And worse than that, almost every game it feels like opposition managers figure us out. 

It feels like opposition teams let us have the ball where they want us to have it. And have a plan to beat us. 

We don’t control the game. And I don’t even know what a typical “Clement” style goal looks like. Which we all at least knew with Gerrard.

And his interviews still are blaming performances on the individuals. 

Yep let us have it. Slow build up. Force us wide. Throw it in…cleared. Repeat.🔂 :headwall:

32 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Just comes across as excuse after excuse at this point doesn’t it?

It really does. Falling back on new player line here. I wonder how long that is going to be the go to excuse. 

Remember he was the one who said we would see the best side by October. 

59 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

To have a manager that doesn’t understand that side ways passing and long ball are not mutually exclusive is a huge red flag.

There’s always an excuse but it’s never that he needs to rethink our approach, trying to do the basics right, change our shape, get a higher tempo and intensity in the press (an actual collective press rather than 1 player at a time job over to the player on the ball).

He has nothing in his locker to change this and it’s now just a waiting game for which game of dropped points is the straw that breaks the camel’s back…..my guess is losing at pittodrie.