graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

23 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

3rd means no Guarantee of European football either.

It’s maybe that harsh reality that some will finally wake up and see what we’re faced with. 

Tho talking of Europe, I can’t believe we have a team capable of winning in Malmo (shite as they were on the night), yet he then makes a comment today about some never having played at Kilmarnock, I mean fuck me!  If they played the exact same way they did in Malmo, we wouldn’t have the domestic away record we do have. 

11 minutes ago, Madina said:

The guy is hopeless. Talks in riddles half the time and is trying to sugar coat shite. His record from March until now is dugshite. Yet to beat the taigs, yet to have us play football thats attractive to watch. Scunnered with him. Yet another false dawn in a long line of them 

His record from March is scary. I think he has about 12 points less than Aberdeen 

23 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Mcinnes is a decent manager. But we need a great manager to get us to where we want to be.

Someone that can take us to another level tactically but also rebuild the club off the pitch. 

McInnes might set us up and make us hard to beat but he’s not going to put all the pieces in place to win us a title.

We are harder to manage than most clubs. We need a combination of someone who is gallus with massive standards and also a tactician. Souness and Walter worked well for that reason, and latterly Walter didn’t need Souness as he had the reputation by then. Gerrard had the gallus aspect with massive professionalism and that suited us but he came unstuck tactically at times. We need a figurehead, a leader who gets us and fights for us and has the players respect. The tactician can be an assistant or a coach. It doesn’t really matter. 

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Graeme Souness, after years of supporters crying out for him to get involved, was directly involved in the process of appointing Clement.

Recommended Lampard in fairness, and was roundly slaughtered for it when PC had us on a good run. 

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

We are harder to manage than most clubs. We need a combination of someone who is gallus with massive standards and also a tactician. Souness and Walter worked well for that reason, and latterly Walter didn’t need Souness as he had the reputation by then. Gerrard had the gallus aspect with massive professionalism and that suited us but he came unstuck tactically at times. We need a figurehead, a leader who gets us and fights for us and has the players respect. The tactician can be an assistant or a coach. It doesn’t really matter. 

Like who?

40 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'll be honest, I was all for giving him time until the end of the season. I see it as a long term venture to get us back on an even keel and compete equally with celtic.

However, no amount of time is going to put the heart and fight back into the team. Once that spirit goes, which I saw today, then it's over. 

I agree with you, i would be happy to give him time if there was a clear plan of how we play and that there may be improvement when he gets a few transfer windows, however i don't see any of these things and i think we are getting worse. Under him i can see us dropping points almost every away game. 

I just have no faith in the board making the right decision here and they'll stick with him until the end of the season. 

33 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Bullshit. Sorry but that is absolutely bullshit. It is the fans who decide and who could make it unaffordable not to sack the guy

The minute fans turn and start voting with their wallets its game over. As soon as attendances and cash starts going down the board will pull the trigger. Also you never pay out the full contract it is usually an agreement of a fraction of the contract varying on length. If you paid out on a full contract you would be put on garden leave and told you cant work for anyone else for that period of time.

Unfortunately the cunts have the majority of our money. They have our season ticket money, Euro package money and cup games. I’m on CCCS so they’ll get their money regardless. However I’m so disillusioned with these pricks running the club that I’ve been thinking about chucking it for a while. If they don’t sell the club by renewal time next year then I’m chucking it, had enough!

Tell you something briefly... folks ive followed Rangers since they visited my home town football club in 1993 to play Sunderland because my grandfather was from govan and mad on Rangers. That was Mr hooked on our club & support just out of this world.

All them fantastic memories even recently winning 55 from me being 11yr old through 1990s domination, 2000's etc I took it for GRANTED....Wished I hadn't now sitting in my 40s not knowing my clubs plan or direction/ frustrated as ever.

what's sad is how many clubs have had only 19 managers in there entire 150 yr History?..Not many always shows or showed stability.

Since 2016- we've had 6 new faces only Gerrard was building sumthing ( another topic) etc

"We've played eight games, so there are 30 more to go in the league. It's about learning the lessons from these games, like we have done before."

Aye Phil, but you've lost 2 and drawn one in those 8 games. The only table we'll be top off with form like that is top of the bottom split. 

Fuckin wanker needs to bin post match rent-a-quote bingo. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

We look worse, the stats are worse, the atmosphere is worse.

Take any avenue you want, it's worse now than it was under Beale.

Mind you laughed when I said his style is the same as McInnes after watching Birmingham pass us of the park in pre season? You changed your view now?

Clement has a tough job but he doesn't help himself with the ridiculous decisions he makes. Why keep proven failures and below average players like Tavernier, Dessers, etc in the team when they keep letting him and us down.

11 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Have absolutely no faith in his prediction that we will see the real team in November. Do we stick with him or change again? Neither is appealing, what a shitshow :ang:

This is his real team. Slow turgid football hoping that someone can produce a moment of quality to scrape through. 

We need to change again. This time but we need to find a manager with a different approach. Last 3 managers now all setting us up to play the same. We need someone that will play an aggressive faster tempo game. 

He's playing teams with significantly lesser budgets for transfers and salaries than we have. He's playing teams with no or few internationalists amongst them. Today, there was 2 ex Rangers B level lads playing who couldn't get close to our starting 11. We're playing against utter shite domestically but getting shown up by them.

We're rotting and can barely be described as the 2nd force in scottish football. For some teams, we're a regular scalp and it's humorous for them rather than particularly challenging.

The players are talking negatively about aspects, and look as if they've had enough too.

He can't survive this, and we'll quite simply worsen the longer he stays.