Is Clement getting an easy ride?

People wanting to lynch Clement four games into a new season with new players, some not even ready to start yet is my biggest concern.

Champions league was always going to be a step too far at this stage of a new season at the start of a rebuild.

The main concern is the board, I have no doubt that at least some of them are Rangers men but the sheer incompetence of spending millions on a new stand and Edmiston house when it was obvious we needed new players that were going to cost big money if we could comvince them to come to the SPFL.

The only incentive for any really good player would be european football and for that to happen needs a complete rebuild not just a couple of new mediocre players.

23 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The sending off did have a massive effect but where are the goals coming from in this team?

goalkeeper, 4 defenders and then two sitting midfielders.

Basically leaving the goalscoring to a left back playing left wing, a right winger who’d struggle to get a game at Hearts and a 9 and 10 who can barely run.

No denying any of that. Worst squad in a long time. 

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Why? That was a really shite Kyiv team.

Get through that and we’re in with a chance to get our hands on 20 million and turn this whole thing around. 

If we were at Ibrox with a few half decent signings we’d have had a great chance.

Incompetency on and off the field. 

You're right it was a poor Kyiv team, that's exactly what I'm getting at if we can't beat that level what chance would we have against the big clubs.

Yes we need a couple of really good midfielders and a good striker, we were supposed to have signed one but he is not fit enough to start yet.

Even Cerny is not fit enough to play 90 minutes. Cortes, Igmane and Danilo not fit enough to even start so who is scouting these players.

5 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

You're right it was a poor Kyiv team, that's exactly what I'm getting at if we can't beat that level what chance would we have against the big clubs.

Yes we need a couple of really good midfielders and a good striker, we were supposed to have signed one but he is not fit enough to start yet.

Even Cerny is not fit enough to play 90 minutes. Cortes, Igmane and Danilo not fit enough to even start so who is scouting these players.

Cortes for me has underlying issues.

We are a car crash at the moment but would sacking PC make it better or worse?

I am still cutting Big Phil some slack. We have got rid of a cart load of shite but we still have a mountain of shite players that are the rest of the squad, and that we need to replace them. We have a handful at the very most, who may be good enough but 90% of the squad needs to go. He is sticking to 1 style of play so the players can automate methods and moves(One of his favorite sayings). Our players are that bad/stupid they can't do this and PC needs to show more tactical flexibility for our low grade footballers. He has next to no money because the board gave it all to the amateur Beale; who signed deals of big wages over long periods of time for shite players. The board has tasked Phil to fix all the fuck ups they have done to Rangers in the last 3 to 4 years with no cash and an unhappy fan base. We are erratic in performance in any given game but still 2nd best in Scotland but only just. We may get badly exposed by the tims and in Europe. This rebuild will take much longer than it should have, as we have no money, thanks to the board and Beale but lets blame PC.

7 minutes ago, ZZed said:

We are a car crash at the moment but would sacking PC make it better or worse?

I am still cutting Big Phil some slack. We have got rid of a cart load of shite but we still have a mountain of shite players that are the rest of the squad, and that we need to replace them. We have a handful at the very most, who may be good enough but 90% of the squad needs to go. He is sticking to 1 style of play so the players can automate methods and moves(One of his favorite sayings). Our players are that bad/stupid they can't do this and PC needs to show more tactical flexibility for our low grade footballers. He has next to no money because the board gave it all to the amateur Beale; who signed deals of big wages over long periods of time for shite players. The board has tasked Phil to fix all the fuck ups they have done to Rangers in the last 3 to 4 years with no cash and an unhappy fan base. We are erratic in performance in any given game but still 2nd best in Scotland but only just. We may get badly exposed by the tims and in Europe. This rebuild will take much longer than it should have, as we have no money, thanks to the board and Beale but lets blame PC.

They are absolutely hamstrung by his hoofball. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Why are you pretending the pressure is from 4 games? 7 wins in the last 19 games is where we are atm.

Spending near 2 million on a player that’s apparently not fit enough to play Scottish football is mind blowing aswell. Whoever sanctioned that when we’re skint and in desperate need of a new striker needs sacked never mind anything else 

No it’s not. It should be, but it isn’t.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They are absolutely hamstrung by his hoofball. 

I think he is playing the simplest style of football he can; as you say hoofball, but our players are that bad they can't even do that. Some of it is PC and some of it is the shite players we have, who can't pass or read a pass.

I know I am kind of defending PC but I don't agree with his style of play and I think out players are that erratic and low grade that hoofball may be beyond their skills, that's how bad I think our players are.

But would sacking PC make the situation better or worse?

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We had a team that beat them in the semi on penalties, that played much much better football:

Foderingham

Tav, Danny Wilson, Rob Kieran, Lee Wallace

Dom Ball, Jason Holt, Andy Halliday

Dean Sheils, Kenny Miller, Barry McKay

You can’t tell me even with our current group of duds, that they aren’t better than that team.

The players we have are poor, but we could and should be playing much better football. Launching the ball up the park to guys that aren’t equipped for that style is mental. 

I honestly think that team has some better football players than we have now and would beat our present team.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We had a team that beat them in the semi on penalties, that played much much better football:

Foderingham

Tav, Danny Wilson, Rob Kieran, Lee Wallace

Dom Ball, Jason Holt, Andy Halliday

Dean Sheils, Kenny Miller, Barry McKay

You can’t tell me even with our current group of duds, that they aren’t better than that team.

The players we have are poor, but we could and should be playing much better football. Launching the ball up the park to guys that aren’t equipped for that style is mental. 

People saying the players can't produce a style that resembles football are deluded. They just don't want to accept Clement is making a cunt of it

The Immediate problem in the lack of basics is still plaguing this team as it was last season.

Has the management done.anything to address that absolutely not imo .

A simple philosophy of playing a passing game is not beyond even a half decent player that's clearly not being demanded or demonstrated and leads to the absolute horseshit  We've had to endure .

It's been the root cause of every setback since they've took over as well as those before them even factoring in The Kents , Morelos etc etc al 

it's being tolerated the fitness levels are pathetic and he really needs to start demanding far better standards and commitments from this shower of lazy players especially the haff arsed approach to winning a ball or making that first time ball yours being stronger in possession and having options to keep that ball until such times as the opportunity shows for a ooo at goal .

Right now imo his footballing philosophy is fucking rank in approach toward even the basics of the game and it f he can't or wont alter the approach then he's doomed to fail because it's the same shit pattern that could and should have been addressed that compounds whatever the fuck he thinks he's achieving.

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Wish Lowry would get his head on straight - imagine having a youth player, Rangers fan, who’s capable of doing this and he’s rotting in the B team while Tom Lawrence walks about for 90 mins.

I'd play him on Saturday in the 10.

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Wish Lowry would get his head on straight - imagine having a youth player, Rangers fan, who’s capable of doing this and he’s rotting in the B team while Tom Lawrence walks about for 90 mins.

Saw this goal from another angle on FB (unless he got identical ones at both ends?) - it was a cracker.

Also saw some highlights of their game v Derby.

Just snippets, I know, but he looks like he’s happy on the pitch.

Makes you wonder where it’s falling down?

2 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

People wanting to lynch Clement four games into a new season with new players, some not even ready to start yet is my biggest concern.

Champions league was always going to be a step too far at this stage of a new season at the start of a rebuild.

The main concern is the board, I have no doubt that at least some of them are Rangers men but the sheer incompetence of spending millions on a new stand and Edmiston house when it was obvious we needed new players that were going to cost big money if we could comvince them to come to the SPFL.

The only incentive for any really good player would be european football and for that to happen needs a complete rebuild not just a couple of new mediocre players.

Rebuild?

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Why are you pretending the pressure is from 4 games? 7 wins in the last 19 games is where we are atm.

Spending near 2 million on a player that’s apparently not fit enough to play Scottish football is mind blowing aswell. Whoever sanctioned that when we’re skint and in desperate need of a new striker needs sacked never mind anything else 

100% agree. Down to the scouting system again. Although his 2 legs went in front of each other so to our medical/ scouting team that was a godsend. 

Grim ffs 

31 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Saw this goal from another angle on FB (unless he got identical ones at both ends?) - it was a cracker.

Also saw some highlights of their game v Derby.

Just snippets, I know, but he looks like he’s happy on the pitch.

Makes you wonder where it’s falling down?

I think bad attitude in training, too much bevying, too lazy in the press for the 10 role for Clement seems to be the chat.