Is Clement getting an easy ride?

54 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

Nobody’s saying that he’s standing outside Ibrox holding a boombox but Gerrard is long enough in the tooth to know what he’s doing. 

Maybe it’s nothing at all but it seems to me like a “test the water” post or just a little wink to being interested in coming back if there was an opening. 

Either way I’d have him back in a heartbeat. The only manager since Walter that has truly understood our standards. 

Surely if he had understood our standards he would have made an appearance at Walter's service in the cathedral.

26 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Our last great manager was Walter. No one has came close since. 

Yup. And our last title winning one was Gerrard. Still the most successful since Walter

Brutal

Gerrard isn't the answer. He's not even a consideration.

But I've absolutely no doubt he'd improve us right now, probably not enough to win a league, but enough to stop us being humiliated against that mob.

Don't want Gerrard back, but wouldn't mind his aura and his ability to galvanise us and the players back at the club.

3 hours ago, SonicWill said:

Nobody’s saying that he’s standing outside Ibrox holding a boombox but Gerrard is long enough in the tooth to know what he’s doing. 

Maybe it’s nothing at all but it seems to me like a “test the water” post or just a little wink to being interested in coming back if there was an opening. 

Either way I’d have him back in a heartbeat. The only manager since Walter that has truly understood our standards. 

Ally McCoist doesn’t understand Rangers standards? 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gerrard isn't the answer. He's not even a consideration.

But I've absolutely no doubt he'd improve us right now, probably not enough to win a league, but enough to stop us being humiliated against that mob.

Don't want Gerrard back, but wouldn't mind his aura and his ability to galvanise us and the players back at the club.

Would he? 

By all accounts beale was the tactical mastermind behind gerrard was he not? And yeah in the OF games he got us fighting again but in his early days he had guys like a fit ryan jack, arfield etc, guys who'll defo fight like fuck, we don't have that now

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Would he? 

By all accounts beale was the tactical mastermind behind gerrard was he not? And yeah in the OF games he got us fighting again but in his early days he had guys like a fit ryan jack, arfield etc, guys who'll defo fight like fuck, we don't have that now

You can find another Michael Beale-esque coach. It’s much harder to find a manager with the aura and mentality of Gerrard. 

9 minutes ago, JockWallace said:

I have believed for a long time that rumour about Beale was started via social media by Beale himself.  If not him, then by some idiot such as Ross Wilson in order to get the support behind appointing Beale as manager. 

Nah definitely Beale was making up the rumours himself about himself with his million alter egos. 

7 minutes ago, molesmole said:

7 competitive games

3 Wins

Conceeded 7

Failed to score in 3 games 

3 away trips coming up

And Europa starting.

Say it again he isn't the man for this- really want it to work, just can't see it.

I seen his last 26 games he has a worse record than Pedro 

6 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I seen his last 26 games he has a worse record than Pedro 

Pedro

All 26 games, with 14 wins, five draws and seven losses.

Biggest win 6 nil Dunfermline 

Biggest loss - scum 5-1

Ppg. 1.81  (26 games)

Clement*

Last 26 games, with 13 wins, six Draws, seven losses

Biggest Win 6 nil RCounty

Biggest loss- 5-1 PSV * (maybe wrong) 

Ppg. 2.16. (50 games)

Not great reading at all. 

5 hours ago, SonicWill said:

You can find another Michael Beale-esque coach. It’s much harder to find a manager with the aura and mentality of Gerrard. 

That aura and mentality and he was covid lockdown away from the tarriers coming to ibrox to slap us silly and gerrard possibly losing his job

22 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Pedro

All 26 games, with 14 wins, five draws and seven losses.

Biggest win 6 nil Dunfermline 

Biggest loss - scum 5-1

Ppg. 1.81  (26 games)

Clement*

Last 26 games, with 13 wins, six Draws, seven losses

Biggest Win 6 nil RCounty

Biggest loss- 5-1 PSV * (maybe wrong) 

Ppg. 2.16. (50 games)

Not great reading at all. 

5-1 PSV was Gio. 

1 hour ago, molesmole said:

7 competitive games

3 Wins

Conceeded 7

Failed to score in 3 games 

3 away trips coming up

And Europa starting.

Say it again he isn't the man for this- really want it to work, just can't see it.

Aye but we beat Ross County 6-0. Clement isn’t the man for us and doesn’t get Scottish football but knowing this board we’ll probably end up with Bennet taking the team for the rest of the season.