Is Clement getting an easy ride?

He’s lost the dressing room 

Tav wants away 

Goldson wants away 

cantwell wants away 

silva said the atmosphere wasn’t right 

clement wants 11 clones of himself he’s too rigid can  you imagine him managing a gazza type player no chance😞

26 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

We can't keep sacking managers. Clement has pedigree and has to be supported. People are talking about toxicity but he is doing exactly what many of us have been saying do for seasons; clearing out the underachievers. Tav can go, Goldson out, Cantwell, Lammers etc. If those dressing room influencers are making it toxic then better they go. He is not standing for fools. The issue here is due to gross mismanagement over the last few years. The squad and wage bill is huge. It has to come down. The key to the season is going to be in the next 10 days. If we get these players out we could have > 10m to reinvest. We are a few signings away from being much better but we cant just replace mediocrity with the same. We simply have to be fitter and better. 

It is looking bleak at the moment, but I intend to support what Phil is doing and hope he can get in players who will make a big difference. 

Clement has not exactly been dealt the easiest cards, but I’m not sure throwing Cantwell under the bus after you’ve been badly beaten by a League One outfit is exactly the kind of play needed. All Clement has done is devalue Cantwell and made himself look weak after a really bad result.  

He has inherited a total mess, and I am totally behind him but Clement hasn’t helped himself in many angles tonight.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Part of me hopes he walks. 

We really are fucked if that happens though.

I’d be backing him more if I could at least see we’re trying to do something inventive that just needs better players.

Just can’t stand long punts and diagonals and trying to win second balls as an approach to the game, and not sure that part even changes with better players.

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Tav wants away 

Goldson wants away 

cantwell wants away 

clement wants 11 clones of himself he’s too rigid can  you imagine him managing a gazza type player no chance😞

Torn on your post. Tav, Goldson & Cantwell wants away - fine. It’s for the best. We need a refresh completely.

Silva said the atmosphere wasn’t right. Things have been toxic for a while now and will continue to be. The club needs change from top to bottom.

Lost the dressing room - not sure but things are feeling a bit strange. As others have said, not sure yet what the philosophy etc is. However, the guy has previous success and he needs to be able to implement it. These guys from Gerrard era & Beale era are not good enough. We know that. It’s the same old. The squad needs a total reboot. Clement needs his players in, otherwise it’s just a Beale reboot.

Genuinely when have pre season results ever mattered?

Did we not beat a half decent Real Madrid team the other year and win fuck all.

The criticism should come in September:October if it’s not going well.

Looks like we’re going to be doing some decent business in terms of in and outs in the next week so there’s an extreme overreaction just now.

I think the stadium issue has caused people to get annoyed quite rightly but that’s nothing to do with the players or management team.

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Tav wants away 

Goldson wants away 

cantwell wants away 

Those three are all players who can leave though. I don't think that means he's lost the dressing room.

I see all this above.

Why doesn't Clement then just use the players he wants and push the others to B team or youths or what ever.

Then everyone knows exactly who is staying and who he wants to leave..

I mean I though Tav was off n now starts. 

Talk of Wright away....Starts.

Lammers Banished but no one else yet. 

Weird contradictions... unless players want away that he wants to stay but they are fed up or feel let down with squad overall talk. 

See plenty managers say they only want ro work with players who want to stay and be there and be ruthless. 

Our has them Yo - Yo in the team. 

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Tav wants away 

Goldson wants away 

cantwell wants away 

What a load of made up nonsense. How do you know Tavernier and Goldson want away?

And even if they do how regular is it these days for players to sign and stay at one club for 6/10 years?

The gaffer is a very intelligent man,a winner and a great Manager he knows exactly what he is doing.I love his honesty and I’m sure the players respect that.If he thinks some players aren’t for Rangers there is no fucking about with him or wasting time.I reckon he will offload another 4 players outwith Cantwell,Goldson,Lammers,Tav and Hagi

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

That's a very generous summary of what happened. 

The players, same players in particular that have been bottling it for years, bottled it again after he put the trust in them. 

I have my doubts around his commitment right now, but the blame for last season should fall on the 'captain' and Co.

This is the standard reaction to what happened at the end of last season which I feel has led to an overreaction of manager and fans over the summer.  Last season was slightly different in that we were right in the race until the last few weeks which we haven’t done in recent years (leaving aside 2020/21 season).  You could blame the players for bottling it but equally you could also blame injuries catching up on us and some key players being overplayed.  Personally, I think with a fit Sima and Cortes and better striking option we could have maybe edged it or certainly take them to the last week or two.  

He used to say in every post match presser I don’t speak about individuals now he throws people under the bus  like Lowry , what did he expect him to come in and be great? We know Lowry isn’t good enough  , then he comes back into the press room after it’s done to speak about cantwell why? To deflect from that shite we just watched? Getting fed up with him now

Just now, Ivybank said:

He used to say in every post match presser I don’t speak about individuals now he throws people under the bus  like Lowry , what did he expect him to come in and be great? We know Lowry isn’t good enough  , then he comes back into the press room after it’s done to speak about cantwell why? To deflect from that shite we just watched? Getting fed up with him now

You’re worried about a player that doesn’t want to be here??

12 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Tav wants away 

Goldson wants away 

cantwell wants away 

No offence mate, but the first 2 have been at the forefront of many a capitulation over the years and have amassed 3 trophies between them in the last 6 years.

Cantwell gets rattled by fans talking shite on Tik Tok.

And Silva, the less said the better.

18 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Tav wants away 

Goldson wants away 

cantwell wants away 

Saying that as if it's a bad thing

He talked post-match that we had chances and weren't clinical enough. He forgets to mention that Birmingham could have had seven!!

He's grasping at straws. 

Man U lost a friendly before playing us. Ten Hag tore them to pieces in the press. Clement won't do that because he knows the onus lies at his feet for displays like that and it would bite him on the arse.

8 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

This is the standard reaction to what happened at the end of last season which I feel has led to an overreaction of manager and fans over the summer.  Last season was slightly different in that we were right in the race until the last few weeks which we haven’t done in recent years (leaving aside 2020/21 season).  You could blame the players for bottling it but equally you could also blame injuries catching up on us and some key players being overplayed.  Personally, I think with a fit Sima and Cortes and better striking option we could have maybe edged it or certainly take them to the last week or two.  

Last season, from my perspective, was no different from these players as it was to any other manager. 

When Gio came in the same players gave Gio a good couple of months, when Beale came in they gave him a great couple of months results wise and now they've done the same for Clement.

It's the same pattern. It's actually even deeper than the players and goes all the way back to a weak, incompetent, chancer-filled board

15 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Genuinely when have pre season results ever mattered?

Did we not beat a half decent Real Madrid team the other year and win fuck all.

The criticism should come in September:October if it’s not going well.

Looks like we’re going to be doing some decent business in terms of in and outs in the next week so there’s an extreme overreaction just now.

I think the stadium issue has caused people to get annoyed quite rightly but that’s nothing to do with the players or management team.

Last year when we looked utterly dreadful and turns out we were utterly dreadful