Is Clement getting an easy ride?

Said yesterday some players that left he wanted to keep so he probably wanted Lundstram to stay. Absolute fucking idiot. Goes on about the style of play etc but where is the intensity in that team? There is none. 

I don't care about who's out but playing Dessers and Wright is a shambles. Would be better playing the youths than the two useless pricks. 

He's not got a fucking clue and I can't believe how fucked we are yet again.

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

I’m coming around to the idea he’s given the board an ultimatum and they caved.

Yes totally agree with you.  1 or 2 strikers he's said to the board if you expect us to compete.

Today highlighted exactly why we need a guy that stays in the box and just does the simple things well. 

Dessers had a great chance first half and took a great ball out the air (done all the hard work) but instead of passing it to the keepers right or left into the net he blasted it over the fucking bar. We need a calm head infront of goal who's clinical.

23 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s been here since January and i have no idea what he brings to team.

Does he score goals - No

Does he assist - No

Can he control a game - No.

He was awful today and subbing Barron and leaving him on was laughable.

He was shite today but only a few days ago he assisted a goal :pipe: 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

He was shite today but only a few days ago he assisted a goal :pipe: 

He’s not scored since February, Can’t control a game, continually gets robbed of possession been piss poor majority of time since he came but at least he has that assist against Union Berlin in a friendly.

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s not scored since February, Can’t control a game, continually gets robbed of possession been piss poor majority of time since he came but at least he has that assist against Union Berlin in a friendly.

We've wasted over £7m on him and Yilmaz.

Honestly disgraceful how many poor signings we have made in recent years.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That team today.

£3m on Davies

£3/4 m on Yilmaz

£4.5m on Diomande

£4m on Dessers

Incredible

Incredible isn’t the word it’s fucking sickening

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

“You miss a really important part with Lundstram there to lead the team out of the midfield.”

Yeah, think that’s enough for me already this season.

Dunno where he’s going with this one.  

Possibly losing touch with things or a not so subtle nudge at the board & Koppen re an experienced CM. 

Think it was a daft decision sending Cortes out for the 2nd half. Clements constantly talking about improving things regarding injuries. He’s spoken about how the likes of Danillo and Cortes coming back from long term injuries will need to be handled carefully then sends out Cortes despite him looking in pain at the end of the half. 

I guess I hope his reluctance to sub him at half time was down to knowing that the man replacing him is complete dog shite, but it just seemed to go against what he’s been saying. 

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

A poorer win % than Michael Beale.

0 wins against the scum in 4 matches(3 defeats) Can guarantee that will be 0 wins in 5 in a month's time.

No structure to the side, lots of long balls. Weird subs, can't change a game. Horrific comments pre and post matches.

We're in the same situation as we were after Kilmarnock last season. It's only going to end one way. Red flags were present after Ross County etc.

Hope I'm completely wrong but I can't see him turning this around.

We both (and some others) were saying it last season the red flags were so apparent. Even more so now, it doesn’t look like he has the first idea what to do 

Are the players shite? Of course they are but it’s his job to make them more than the sum of their parts and I think he’s somehow making us less than the sum of our parts. That team should still be beating Hearts comfortably or at least being the better team given the wage bills/transfer fees spent

Persisting with guys like Lawrence is laughable, he’s the worst player in our squad in that position. Don’t even get me started on Ben Davies starting today 

Am I dreaming this or did Koppen talk about looking to prioritise high technical quality and athleticism?

For what? You don’t need high technical quality to play Clement’s brand of football and it doesn’t seem to be what he prioritises in what he looks for in a player.

I’m genuinely stunned that after a pre-season with the players this is how he wants us to play.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He should be sat down tomorrow and told he is now 5th choice and to look for a new club.

To which he'd just shrug his shoulders and take the next two years off. He body language doesn't exactly scream that he's desperate to play.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s been here since January and i have no idea what he brings to team.

Does he score goals - No

Does he assist - No

Can he control a game - No.

He was awful today and subbing Barron and leaving him on was laughable.

Looked like we had a potential cracker on our hands when he first joined, with a genuine goal threat from the middle of the park. But it never seems to take long to coach this out of a player once they join us, regardless of who's in charge.