*****The Official Hearts v Rangers Match Thread *****

I am just clinging on to hope at this point that we are able to sign enough players of a suitable standard that we can improve enough to win every game we play and every competition we enter.  I am willing Clement to show some inspiration and creativity in these first competitive games now that business is starting.

I can’t believe we are getting rid of Goldson and at the moment going with two of Souttar, Davies, Balogun. I hope to fuck there is an excellent defender just waiting to come in. Kinda like when we signed the lad Boumsong who we sold 6 months later for a huge profit. Absolutely strolled it in Scotland (although he had a mare or two in Europe)

Hopefully we will have enough to deal with Hearts but difficult to tell how the team will do given our defensive frailties at the moment.

Wish I had the confidence in a clean sheet that some others have, but can't see past Hearts scoring so I'll go for 2-1 or 3-1 us depending on which Dessers we get.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Massive decision for the manager when it comes to Tav.

He shouldn’t be starting but will the manager bench the captain.

I think he'll go with him based purely on his experience and the rest of the back four being potentially makeshift. 

I'd drop him fwiw, and I say that as a fan of Tav. He's become a liability defensively. 

I just don't think he benches the captain.

22 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think he'll go with him based purely on his experience and the rest of the back four being potentially makeshift. 

I'd drop him fwiw, and I say that as a fan of Tav. He's become a liability defensively. 

I just don't think he benches the captain.

He's miles off it both physically and mentally. If Sterling is fit he will start.

Butland

Tav Souttar Balogun Ridvan 

Barron Diomande 

Cerney Lawrence Cortes 

Dessers 

Remember thinking after the last game at tynecastle that many of these players would be away but here we are. 

Reckon tav starts as Sterling is carrying a knock. 

Don't see us keeping a clean sheet with how poor we've been in defence pre season. 

2-1 win Dessers and Lawrence.