*****The Official Hearts v Rangers Match Thread *****

4 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Are you having a laugh? Helander was solid and if fit, more secure than Goldson.

2020/21 we conceded like two goals (the whole season) when Helander was in the team.

Screenshot_20240731-1604442.thumb.png.2cbe53485d290a1fa0e48021bc7f5d93.png

Goldson played in just about every one of those games too, as well as about another 25. He was the constant. Helander and Balogun split the other central defensive place between them.

i don't think Helander's lack of pace was a big problem as some do, but to me he wasn't physical enough. 

15 minutes ago, Rigamonti said:

Goldson played in just about every one of those games too, as well as about another 25. He was the constant. Helander and Balogun split the other central defensive place between them.

i don't think Helander's lack of pace was a big problem as some do, but to me he wasn't physical enough. 

Goldson conceded more. Helander was the constant. Goldson's stats below.

Screenshot_20240731-212843.thumb.png.2fe7ef2046252fcda1beadf49b7ee4c5.png

The difference isn't much btw - Goldson only conceded 0.73 per ninety in fairness, whereas Helander was 0.24.

6 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Goldson conceded more. Helander was the constant. Goldson's stats below.

Screenshot_20240731-212843.thumb.png.2fe7ef2046252fcda1beadf49b7ee4c5.png

The difference isn't much btw - Goldson only conceded 0.73 per ninety in fairness, whereas Helander was 0.24.

I meant Goldson was the constant in that he played every week. Helander only managed just over one appearance every two games. 

What we would do for those figures this season though 

Goldson and helander were brilliant that season. 

Goldson was a tremendous signing over the years. Key part of us getting back to something of the essence of our past. Was time for him to move on though, or at least one of goldson or tav to move to freshen things up. 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Lawrence or Tav the only dilemma for me teamwise. Either Sterling at right back and Lawrence as a 10 or Tav at right back and Sterling making it a midfield 3. Both options make me sad. 

Think he’ll go with Lawrence due to him looking like the only non striker capable of hitting the net.  

Butland

Sterling Propper Souttar Ridvan

Diomande Barron

Cerny Lawrence Cortes

Danilo

I would play that, but think Tav and Dessers will play, maybe McCausland/Matondo/Wright for Cortes and also not sure Propper will start

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I think we will win, but if we were to lose, Tav plays and post-interview he says we will learn from this, then I'm running for the hills!

Alternative option, what you doing if Tav plays and smashes a free kick from 25 yards to grab the winner?