***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I know Nsiala is meant to be raw and a progress, but I’d rather see him make Souttar’s mistakes than a seasoned pro like Souttar. 

Completely forgot we signed him :lol: 

That was rotten tbh.

Hampden was actually alright, but the football was absolutely terrible.

Fuck knows where we’re going as a football team, but it’s no where good. Only a matter of time before the wheels come off.

Hanging on for a 2-1 against a shite Motherwell team with 8 players missing.

Said it a few times already, but I think literally anything we get from Danilo this side of Christmas will be a bonus. 

And that makes our General attacking options a concern and the signing of Igamane all the more bizarre. 

Enjoyed the first half then back to normal second half. Need more bodies in the door - not only to avoid the likes of Wright starting, but so we can actually ring the changes if we get another 2nd half like that. But another result after Tuesday so will take that and hope we see more of the first half and can sustain it for a full game. Cerny looks promising too.

Probably in the minority, thought the first half was decent. Thought we were positive, moved the ball quicker and could actually see a few patterns where the ball would go to Dessers and he’d lay it off and someone would make a third man run. Also a few decent bits of play out right as well with Cerny. Still miles to go but that was about the only positive from the first half. Second half absolutely horrendous. Less said the better.

I thought the first half was quite good. We played at a higher pace - even when going sideways or back it was quicker than usual. Černy’s goal was tremendous, and I’ll think he’ll be great for Tav on that side. 2nd half would give you aids, though.

11 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Said not a few times already, but I think literally anything we get from Danilo this side of Christmas will be a bonus. 

And that makes our General attacking options a concern and the signing of Igamane all the more bizarre. 

Why though? He's been training since May 

First 30 minutes was decent. Then they started getting injuries and it killed the last 15 of first half. 

Second half was shambolic. Actually dreadful to watch. This isn’t just a personnel issue anymore. Sick of saying it but Clement has been here for long enough we should be seeing better. 

His subs and lack of subs today was weird. Jefte done well during the week but gets no minutes today. And what the fuck is going on with Danilo. If he can’t play 15-20 against Motherwell he should be playing for the B team today getting his fitness up. He’s never gonna get fit sitting on our bench. 

Positives 1st half was decent until the injuries dragged it out to 50 odd minutes, smashing goal by Cerny, my view at Hampden and home earlier than Ibrox, most importantly 3 points.

Negatives 2nd half was gash, slow and ponderous, subs never really changed it, Dio isn’t a 10, ridiculous goal to lose and we still look nervy anytime there’s a long throw or set piece.

On to Tuesday night 🇬🇧

Dessers has contributed more than usual last few games but I still think he’s a major issue when we need an outball to relieve pressure. Feel like he’s either hiding or too slow to get there 9 times out of 10. In saying that our wide men and full backs were much worse than him second half. 

Thought we were pretty good first half, up until their striker went down 3 times in the space of ten minutes. Knocked it around well, created space down the right with some good link up. Some decent exchanges in the middle of the park too. 

We occupied their back 5 really well until Cerny went off. 

Second half was so poor, like everyone suddenly played within themselves - so afraid of making mistakes and then making the mistakes with bad decisions. Souttar just has a calamity in him. Balogun came on and looked horrific. Diomande is so loose at times with his touch and awareness, other times he looks tidy.

Not really sure what the answer is. I will take another nervy 2-1 win on Tuesday though. 

3 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Dessers has contributed more than usual last few games but I still think he’s a major issue when we need an outball to relieve pressure. Feel like he’s either hiding or too slow to get there 9 times out of 10. In saying that our wide men and full backs were much worse than him second half. 

Think the second part answers the first mate. We were pretty good at getting him involved in the play first half and horrific at it second half. He still misses a good chance second half, he's by no means perfect, but the service was rotten. Even balls into the channel, there was only one from Dowell in the second half that gave him a chance and he won a throw from it, which we should have then scored from.

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Happy with our performance. Motherwell were never in it.

Cerny's goal was an absolute peach.

He has really impressed me.

Did you think the second half was acceptable? Genuine question