***** The Official Rangers v Dynamo Kyiv UEFA Champions League Third Round Qualification Match Thread *****

36 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

That’s a fucking shocker btw!

Starts by trying to suggest the video wasn’t of him tonight and then falls back on he has a funny walk!? 

And to top it all wanted him in the game but the circumstances didn’t allow?!? Exactly what circumstances were we waiting for - because going a goal down with 10 minutes to go sounds like the kind of circumstances to me that you might be thinking of throwing on a striker (instead of lumping your CB up top)

Honestly I have a lot of sympathy for Clement, I think he has been shafted by the board and has been left holding the baby after years of financial mismanagement but he really doesn’t help himself with stuff like this.

Also took the Extention on offer...

Wage rise while agreeing to cut costs? 

" we are now aligned" 

Just now, euanRFC said:

Yeah they have been rightly criticised previously, but taking this game in isolation, for me, I think that call from the ref  did it

He'd get this in isolation if it was 1 loss in 19 and these things happen. This is the norm, the ref fucking it or not 

35 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

I like Big Phil, but he absolutely bluffed his way through that. 

Just wish someone would be honest with us about exactly what's going on. 

Can't help but feel there are no funds available for transfers and we are stuck with the shite that was have. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they sell butland to balance the books.

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

mate like it or not, the team is full of mediocrity and tnh the football is rotten at times too and that is on Clement but IMO we need some quality in the side. we seriously lack quality and its haunting us.    Mate weve just went into a CL 3rd qualifier  with Wright, Dessers and MccAusland, lawrence as our front 4 attackers.  the board have hung him out to dry,   they aint backed him and have sent him into battle with a pony.   he gets his own team and backing then there is no excuses but he aint been backed to the standard that we need. 

I agree tbh the football is hard watch at times but IMO we need more quality. in the front 4 attackers. the board are the biggest problem for me mate. 

Players of the ability we have are never going to be able to play good football, I'm not sure why posters believe that any manager can make these players control the ball better, inject more pace into their legs, get better quality one touch passes on the go but most importantly give them fucking football brains, we all said in here at the end of last season the players we needed shifting 

Matondo, Wright, Davies, Lawrence, Lammers, Goldson, Tavernier,  Hagi, Cantwell (obviously not everybody) Dowell & Dessers

Add into the mix Souttar, Raskin & Yilmaz a large chunk believe they don't have the minerals either

That's fourteen fucking players!!

Yip only two have left the building, two on the naughty step & an injured Raskin haven't who haven't had any game time as yet

It's as clear as day, Clement is pissing me off with some his selections, substitutions and antics but his hands are absolutely tied as his squad is still primarily being made up with players US in here have all deemed surplus to requirements....I'm actually amazed that people actually expect him to turn this shitshow round with those players

9 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Right what is it you see in this that says that if we had better players Clement is the man to lead us? He's signed 4 of the starting 11 but signed 9 players or so, who is that on? 

Just don’t want to sack another manager. We have to get on with it. It’s too expensive. We’re a basket case I know. We need stability now.  Hopefully some will go out this month.  

4 minutes ago, the old guard said:

We're not winning anything this season either way, so we may as well take the money if it's offered.

The goalkeeping position isn't going to be the difference between winning the league or not.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m not having that at all.

We were absolutely pish even before the red.

We just hoof it up the park to guys not equipped for a long ball game. We simply don’t create good chances with how he has us playing. 

This. 

The manager has us playing a non-descript style of play. The players can't even make passes to another team mate in a forward move. Fault on both sides. 

One of the things I loved about PC when he first came was that he wanted rid of "shit lateral passes". Now, not only do we do that exact thing, we play it backwards instead of going forward. Sideways then back, instead of forward. When we do get it forward, it's a hopeful cross aimed at no one. 

Where are the shots coming from? Where are passes in behind full backs? It's just a bland offering played by incompetent players

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

This. 

The manager has us playing a non-descript style of play. The players can't even make passes to another team mate in a forward move. Fault on both sides. 

One of the things I loved about PC when he first came was that he wanted rid of "shit lateral passes". Now, not only do we do that exact thing, we play it backwards instead of going forward. Sideways then back, instead of forward. When we do get it forward, it's a hopeful cross aimed at no one. 

Where are the shots coming from? Where are passes in behind full backs? It's just a bland offering played by incompetent players

The fact this has happened under 3 managers now makes me think there are deeper problems causing this.

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

We're not winning anything this season either way, so we may as well take the money if it's offered.

The goalkeeping position isn't going to be the difference between winning the league or not.

Couldn't agree more, can't wait to watch Liam Kelly every week.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Wouldnt be bothered tbh.

Started well but tailed right off. Another ‘should do better’ goal conceded by him.

I think we should be actively trying to sell him while he still has value. Another season where he'll concede a lot more goals than last, win nothing and, by the look of things, have some howlers, does us no favours. 

We're not winning anything anyway. So punt him and plug the financial holes.

10 minutes ago, the old guard said:

It should be something we are actively trying to do.

Spends more time moaning and flailing his arms more than he does saving shots these days.

32 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Och why are people accepting this shite? 

What? Thats what the guy was saying. I have no reason to think he is lying. All I know is that we saw Dani in preseason and he looked so fucking far off it it was ridiculous. Maybe he just doesnt rate him? Maybe he is being careful with him? I dont know, but thats not what the question was.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

What? Thats what the guy was saying. I have no reason to think he is lying. All I know is that we saw Dani in preseason and he looked so fucking far off it it was ridiculous. Maybe he just doesnt rate him? Maybe he is being careful with him? I dont know, but thats not what the question was.

So why is he on the bench if he's not fit? 

13 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Don’t mate - it’s the hope that’s killing me…

50 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

That’s a fucking shocker btw!

Starts by trying to suggest the video wasn’t of him tonight and then falls back on he has a funny walk!? 

And to top it all wanted him in the game but the circumstances didn’t allow?!? Exactly what circumstances were we waiting for - because going a goal down with 10 minutes to go sounds like the kind of circumstances to me that you might be thinking of throwing on a striker (instead of lumping your CB up top)

Honestly I have a lot of sympathy for Clement, I think he has been shafted by the board and has been left holding the baby after years of financial mismanagement but he really doesn’t help himself with stuff like this.

He's comical. He's lost me, think he's full of shite. Has a hard stare, that's about it.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It should be something we are actively trying to do.

Spends more time moaning and flailing his arms more than he does saving shots these days.

Saved a point against the mighty well.

Kicking is so poor- but the defence infront of him is torn apart at will.

11 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Players of the ability we have are never going to be able to play good football, I'm not sure why posters believe that any manager can make these players control the ball better, inject more pace into their legs, get better quality one touch passes on the go but most importantly give them fucking football brains, we all said in here at the end of last season the players we needed shifting 

Matondo, Wright, Davies, Lawrence, Lammers, Goldson, Tavernier,  Hagi, Cantwell (obviously not everybody) Dowell & Dessers

Add into the mix Souttar, Raskin & Yilmaz a large chunk believe they don't have the minerals either

That's fourteen fucking players!!

Yip only two have left the building, two on the naughty step & an injured Raskin haven't who haven't had any game time as yet

It's as clear as day, Clement is pissing me off with some his selections, substitutions and antics but his hands are absolutely tied as his squad is still primarily being made up with players US in here have all deemed surplus to requirements....I'm actually amazed that people actually expect him to turn this shitshow round with those players

Didn’t read after this but it’s utter nonsense.

This is Clement’s approach to the game anyway, it’s not a pragmatic choice based on the players he has available.

Get it forward quickly, play long if you need to, get it wide and cross into the box, pick up second balls and shoot.

We need more quality yes but the players we do have could play a better brand of football than what Clement is wanting to do unquestionably.

if its true butland went to the board and asked for assurances then hes got a fuckin cheek, won fuck all in his career and has been consistantly shite since march, thinks hes bigger than he is, if we get offered a good amount then id be for taking it as others have said we'll win fuck all this season with him or without him.