Robin Propper

11 minutes ago, left winger said:

One game in - might be shite, might be brilliant.

Wasn't a great game to judge him on. Motherwell only started propper-ly (sorry hard to avoid/resist) attacking after he came off

I am confident that this guy is the real deal and will be our best defender for a while.That was a title often bestowed on Goldson, and with him now gone I am happy with the way the manager is slowly building things.  With Propper being the captain of his previous club I like to think Clement also took him on with that role in mind with Tav hopefully moving on sooner than later. 

Decent debut, unlucky with the OG and not sure about the booking as it looked a solid challenge from my seat.

Would prefer to see him alongside Balogun for a few games rather than the continual rotation of CBs that we do but understand it just now with the intensity of fixtures.

OG and yellow card aside he strolled it, that being said very little he could do for the OG and I don't believe it was a yellow. Perfect game and opponent to introduce him however he will be judged on bigger games, ie. against them and in Europe. 

He was bawling orders about.  Tried to chat to Souter about something (waving his arms) was solid enough. Loved his slidies.  Good start.  

If Tav and Souter did their jobs properly there would be no own goal 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Both are murder to watch now. I'd argue that Propper may be able to bring Soapy Souttar up to his level, but even then i'm not sure. Tav? I just can't.

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He was bawling orders about.  Tried to chat to Souter about something (waving his arms) was solid enough. Loved his slidies.  Good start.  

Tav should have got out to the ball sooner, but had Pröpper been in line with Souttar there would have been no own goal 👍

Not sure he can be absolved of blame, extremely unfortunate all around though.

1 hour ago, VanVeenRangers said:

I liked how he was aggressive and stuck into challenges.

He was however running out of position to go chasing balls and better teams would play through that easily.

That’s my worry with Kiev, their midfield will exploit that. 

Hopefully it was just a one off as he was matching up to the Motherwell CF and knew they wouldn’t commit runners in behind…

Thought he was fine on Saturday. Liked his aggression, though can see how that may leave us exposed if he's dragged out of position - not got a great deal of recovery pace in the way that Balogun does. 

The own goal was unfortunate, multiple points of failure. We actually execute a decent press, their keeper punts it and Souttar should follow his man into midfield, he doesn't, and we then have a ridiculous scenario where their striker is able to bring the ball down unopposed in the centre of the pitch. :lol: Tav's then exposed 2v1, but should get closer to block the cross. Souttar's attempted clearance was poor and Propper caught unaware. 

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

If he is then blames fully on the manager because he was flagging like fuck for about 10 mins before we got him off, signalling to the bench the lot he needed aff

Stop it. There’s plenty that will bite