Blaine McConnell (we hardly knew ye)

11 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Looking forward to the Europa League final reruns with a pint and a pie for £10 nights.

Speakers nights with Ian black and Nicky Law talking us through the day we famously clawed victory from the jaws of defeat in a 4-3 victory away to brechin 

37 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I think calling Rangers fans H*** should see to it that you never ever get employed in any capacity at the club

I hadn’t seen this.

Surely for a Digital Marketing role, we would have done our due diligence on all candidates’ social media footprint. Amateur, if not.

If he has indeed called us that, then I’m agreement; he shouldn’t have been hired.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Speakers nights with Ian black and Nicky Law talking us through the day we famously clawed victory from the jaws of defeat in a 4-3 victory away to brechin 

Top raffle prize of getting to follow in the footsteps of Rangers great, Seb Faure, by winning an exclusive experience of having a game of red arse with McCoist at Auchenhowie.

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Weekend of Legends 3 ft. the invincible league team from 20-21  13-14

6 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Weekend of Legends 3 ft. the invincible league team from 20-21  13-14

Getting to the stage now even the masters isn't going to be worth watching us in 

Used to watch that when I was younger and mark Walters was still running the show every year :lol:

There's no way in hell we should be employing someone who's a bitter taig and posted on social media calling us H***. No way with a mindset like that is the guy going to break a sweat working for us. 

1 hour ago, RossS1873 said:

Confirmed by 4lads as well. New marketing guy. Worked for a year at celtic. Been at Under Armour and EA Sports as well. Clearly not a good look

EDIT: sorry, just seen it was put into another thread.

You fuckin’ should be. Stealing my thunder.

I’m kidding of course. Just need some kind of distraction from this fucking pathetic nonsense.

Just now, Bydo said:

You fuckin’ should be. Stealing my thunder.

I’m kidding of course. Just need some kind of distraction from this fucking pathetic nonsense.

As soon as I posted it and went into the other thread there it was. Clearly just great minds thinking alike (or we saw it at the same time). More cohesive than those fucking useless bastards in the boardroom or on the park

25 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Hard to know without his title. If it is, he'll be Head of Commercial Strategy.

His background seems a bit too much on the marketing side than I would expect for this role, but growing Edmiston House revenue was one of the initial priorities which would have involved a lot of work through marketing. He's London based, so I am assuming he will be relocating as being onsite is a requirement, which is one of the reasons why I said no.

Funnily enough in my first conversation with the recruitment agency they specifically asked me who I supported, so I'm amazed this went through, as if it wasn't important they wouldn't have asked.

The fact they were trying to recruit London based people for this role makes me think it was a struggle to find the right person. The salary wasn't that special for someone London based with 15+ years experience, so it's not like he'll have chosen it because it's a salary increase he couldn't turn down - they were very much pulling on the fact of being able to work within Football or being a Rangers fan.

I have the role brief, check out the last requirement..

image.png

Sabotage merchant. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s also on the scum payplan. Fuck improving the football team, let’s get the infrastructure fixed before that. A cunt!  Get him tae fuck! 

IMG_2917.jpeg

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

Can accept that people post daft things when they're young but simple fact is you can't be employed by Rangers if you're using that type of language to describe the fans. 

Also simply don't believe someone supporting the other side would go the extra mile to elevate our profile/find the post possible deals etc if they're in any position like that at our club. 

Yup agree fully. 

He's ex EA and Under Armour so probably has half decent experience, but a) not clearing his socials before he applied and b) the club not screening his socials just screams amateur hour from everyone involved. Shit show from the board, what's new.